Pheu Thai Target Thai Youth With Its 15,000 Thb Salary Scheme

Lite Beer

Pheu Thai target Thai youth with its 15,000 THB salary scheme

BANGKOK, 5 June 2011 (NNT)-The Pheu Thai Party is preparing to launch another political campaign which is aimed at encouraging eligible young generation to exercise their rights while it is also planning to promote its 15,000 THB minimum salary base for new graduates tomorrow.

heu Thai Spokesperson Mr. Prompong Nopparit said his Party’s Leader Mr. Yongyuth Wichaidit and young political campaigners who volunteer help for the Oppostion to encourage eligible Thai youth to vote on the election day.

On the same day, the Pheu Thai Party will also introduce the minimum salary guaranteed policy and a business fund to university students where the first institution will be the University of Thai Chamber of Commerce before going elsewhere both in and outside of Bangkok.

This campaign will end on 2 July 2011. According to the report, Pheu Thai’s No.1 candidate Ms. Yingluck Shinawatra will also visit several places during this campaign too.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2011-06-05 footer_n.gif

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will just make sure less people will hire newly graduated...

I agree.

Also, it may be the case that business will more carefully select new grads to ensure they really are up to the job, and not just a lazy "cannot fail" student or "bought qualification".

Edited by Farang0tang

Nothing about it being retroactive for past graduates.

2012 grad hired to a company makes 15,000 baht their first month. His supervisor, who has been with the company 4 years (for example) and graduated 5 years ago makes 12,000 baht.

It sure will be interesting office dynamics with that one as well as a whole host of other issues once various situations are thrown at it that required more than the 5 minutes of thought they put into the scheme.

I remembered Siripon casting out other scenarios on this Plan without a Plan...

I would like to ask Yinglak about the minimum 15,000 baht salary guaranteed for degree holders.

Is this just for new applicants?

Is this to be a law covering both the private and state sectors?

What about the millions of employees currently earning less than 15,000 baht? Are they all going to see their salaries increased to 15,000 baht if they have a degree? And if they don't have a degree, what will happen?

Details please, Pheua Maeow party.

and

How anyone can take Thaksin's ludicrous promises seriously is beyond me.

To quote a few 'I will solve the traffic problem in Bangkok in 6 months'

There will be no poverty in Thailand in 5 years'.

'Thailand is drug free'.

'I will return and lead the red shirts from the front as soonn as the first shot(from the army) is fired'.

So many lies for so many years, all he's doing is trying to hype up the electorate to vote for Pheua Thai with ludicrous promises such as to pay all graduates a minimum salary of 15,000 baht, thereby insuring employers switch to employing high school students instead.

Some might not realize the sort of numbers that are graduating. That's a whole lotta 15K's.

A number of higher education institutes have recently increased opportunity for various types of students to study at the higher level. In 2007, the Education Council estimated that the number of new students enrolled in bachelors programs between 2007 and 2016 will be approximately 500,000 each year, resulting in between 300,000 to 400,000 new graduates per annum.

http://blog.nationmultimedia.com/print.php?id=2435

---------------------

about half a million graduates leaving Thai universities per year,

http://studyinthailand.org/study_abroad_thailand_university/budget_cost_of_living.html

PeauThai15000.jpg

Peau Thai Promises: Minimum Wage for Graduates

The sign reads:

Increase the wages of bachelor degree graduates to 15,000 baht – Increase the minimum wage to 300 baht per day – Puea Thai Party.

2Bangkok.com

http://2bangkok.com/peau-thai-promises-minimum-wage-for-graduates.html

small coincidental sidenote: I see this was shot just outside Voice TV on the left - the satellite television station founded by Thaksin's offspring.

Edited by Buchholz

This is all a form of wage control...and control doesn't necessary mean a low rate. I doubt this "pie in the sky" program will come true without the government providing a subsidy/tax break to companies who do provide a 15,000 baht minimum monthly salary to university grads.

If they fall for that one, it just proves how dumb they are.

I doubt they will, they never had any success in bringing out youth or students in past red shirt protests despite desperately wanting to. Young people are savvy and don't seem to be buying in to their propaganda. Their core demographic is old.

PeauThai15000.jpg

Peau Thai Promises: Minimum Wage for Graduates

The sign reads:

Increase the wages of bachelor degree graduates to 15,000 baht – Increase the minimum wage to 300 baht per day – Puea Thai Party.

2Bangkok.com

http://2bangkok.com/peau-thai-promises-minimum-wage-for-graduates.html

small coincidental sidenote: I see this was shot just outside Voice TV on the left - the satellite television station founded by Thaksin's offspring..

Probably all over the place. I've seen this one and the one with 'free tabletPCs' and 'freeWiFi' along RamaIV opposite Lumpini.

Where will the money come from to fund this? Have the Pheu Thai ever made any effort at manging Phiscal policy? This is where red double standards show and this is where the Thaksin=PTP=Red Shirt combination falls down - they will expect the taxes of the "Bangkok elite to pay for it just like Thaksin did - and thats why there will be a coup because the few rich capable people in Thailand naturally get fed up of paying for the uneducated masses to as they percieve - waste their profits. Get REAL Pheu Thai!!!!

Just to administrate this pie in the sky proposal would be virtually impossible in the real world, OK I forgot this is Thailand where we do it the Thai way. What we want, when we want, and how we want to do it.

I guess all the freebees already promised must have missed this group, About 400,000/year if number bandied around are accurate. I can think of no group of voters who have not been promised a lot, by any standard, by Pheu Thai.

Any real campaign manger should have a field day with all the promises being made.

Nothing about it being retroactive for past graduates.

2012 grad hired to a company makes 15,000 baht their first month. His supervisor, who has been with the company 4 years (for example) and graduated 5 years ago makes 12,000 baht.

It sure will be interesting office dynamics with that one as well as a whole host of other issues once various situations are thrown at it that required more than the 5 minutes of thought they put into the scheme.

The above analysis is farang thinking. Farang are not voting in this election. Thais don't think analytically like the above scenario. Thais will see the promise of additional money, so they will vote for the party that makes that proposal.

i think this a good idea, i mean salaries in thailand are miserables, in china one receptionist in a karaoke bar or in restaurant can esealy make 10.000bat( 2000 yuan) more or less, and the cost o life in china(beijing) is more or less the same that here in BKK, and we don't need to worry too much about it, just think how much is the minimun salary of a new graduate in our home country, and you will see the hugh gap.;)

i think this a good idea, i mean salaries in thailand are miserables, in china one receptionist in a karaoke bar or in restaurant can esealy make 10.000bat( 2000 yuan) more or less, and the cost o life in china(beijing) is more or less the same that here in BKK, and we don't need to worry too much about it, just think how much is the minimun salary of a new graduate in our home country, and you will see the hugh gap.;)

A new graduate in our home country doesn't get a minimum salary. They just get paid what the market supports.

A new graduate in our home country doesn't get a minimum salary. They just get paid what the market supports.

bad for your fellows countrymen they should fight to get some kind of law like that. i think that thailand needs a lot of changes, like for example to facilitate forein investment and boost devellopment, to rise not only the salary of the new graduates but the salary of the worker, they also need to make some reforms in their anti-drugs policies, inmigration policies, women rights etc , but unfortunately nor the Dems neither the PTP mention many of this points in their campaigns.:(

Edited by caribbeanman

Where will the money come from to fund this? Have the Pheu Thai ever made any effort at managing Fiscal policy?

elite2012.jpg

Is that the credit card that the taxi drivers and farmers are going to get?

With the same management team and foreclosure agents at the ready,

to take the workers land held in colateral, and sell it back to the PTP puyai brethren.

Exactly.

bad for your fellows countrymen they should fight to get some kind of law like that. i think that thailand needs a lot of changes, like for example to facilitate forein investment and boost devellopment, to rise not only the salary of the new graduates but the salary of the worker, they also need to make some reforms in their anti-drugs policies, inmigration policies, women rights etc , but unfortunately nor the Dems neither the PTP mention many of this points in their campaigns.:(

Do you think there would be more foreign investment if companies were forced to pay wages that are too high for both workers and graduates. Even in the west these days, pay rises are given with matching rises in productivity.

Sure, minimum wages need to be increased in Thailand, but setting a minimum wage for graduates will just mean that graduates will find it harder to get jobs and that foreign companies will invest elsewhere if they can't get the quality that they are paying for. That will mean even less positions available for graduates.

Where will the money come from to fund this? Have the Pheu Thai ever made any effort at managing Fiscal policy?

elite2012.jpg

to take the workers land held in collateral, and sell it back to the PTP puyai brethren.

Not as a credit card, but as a historically unbeatable source of revenue to fund not only this scheme, but a whole host of other Pheu Thai giveaways..

20 Trillion Baht goes a long way.

eliteh.jpg

At it's 2003 launch.

Later that same year, TAT Governor Juthamas predicted 20 Trillion Baht in-flow from card sales and spin-off revenue from attracting all these millionaires to spend, spend, spend on other things here while enjoying all the benefits of the Card.

Card sales alone would have generated 1 Trillion Baht from the projection of one million card sales.

Edited by Buchholz

'ianbaggie' timestamp='1307267380' post='4470372

elite2012.jpg

to take the workers land held in collateral, and sell it back to the PTP puyai brethren.

Not as a credit card, but as a historically unbeatable source of revenue to fund not only this scheme, but a whole host of other Pheu Thai giveaways..

20 Trillion Baht goes a long way.

eliteh.jpg

At it's 2003 launch.

Later that same year, TAT Governor Juthamas predicted 20 Trillion Baht in-flow from card sales and spin-off revenue from attracting all these millionaires to spend, spend, spend on other things here while enjoying all the benefits of the Card.

Card sales alone would have generated 1 Trillion Baht from the projection of one million card sales.

Every see a 'real' accountant who was a successful 'Yes Man'?

Edited by animatic

Talk is cheap. They didnt mention the side effects yet. Living standards will increase, rent will increase.. whats the use? Food costs 90bht on average per day will be increased to 160 bht. still end up with the same(or less) saving..