Thaksin Amnesty 'Not Top Priority'

webfact

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for those few kind words. If you check back in this thread I have had about 5 or 6 people all argue with me simultaneously, you clearly all know each other well and it had all the appearance of a coordinated attack. only one person seemed to understand my points and even he had a sting in his tail :lol:

So yes my debating style gets a bit ragged when debating one on five, I guess I'm a bit old fashioned I'm more used to a scholarly debate one on one.

When you engage in a debate with a number of people, there is always a chance that your viewpoint will be in the minority and if it is, you are obviously going to have your work cut out in explaining and giving reasoning for your position. But that doesn't make you a victim, and it doesn't mean you are being attacked, and unless you are breaking forum rules, it doesn't mean you are about to be banned.

Thank you for those few kind words. If you check back in this thread I have had about 5 or 6 people all argue with me simultaneously, you clearly all know each other well and it had all the appearance of a coordinated attack. only one person seemed to understand my points and even he had a sting in his tail :lol:

So yes my debating style gets a bit ragged when debating one on five, I guess I'm a bit old fashioned I'm more used to a scholarly debate one on one.

When you engage in a debate with a number of people, there is always a chance that your viewpoint will be in the minority and if it is, you are obviously going to have your work cut out in explaining and giving reasoning for your position. But that doesn't make you a victim, and it doesn't mean you are being attacked, and unless you are breaking forum rules, it doesn't mean you are about to be banned.

Cheers!

Also worth pointing out again is that we all have to play by the same rules ... it is a reasonably level playing field.

Cheers!

Also worth pointing out again is that we all have to play by the same rules ... it is a reasonably level playing field.

Perhaps also worth noting that it would be an extremely dull discussion if we all shared the same point of view...

Cheers!

Perhaps also worth noting that it would be an extremely dull discussion if we all shared the same point of view...

Agreed ---- and also worth noting --- that not everything someone says may be believed by other posters :) That doesn't constitute name-calling :)

It also means that you are in the minority in a particular place and time.

And a different time, you may have, based on more or newer information changed your stance on a particular suject or group, and thus widdened you field of agreement with others.

There certainly have been those going to extremes here, and others going to extremes to provoke others into bans, because of either pure disagreement or just being aggravated by troll like posts till it becomes too much to stand.

Trolls, or those who 'snap under pressure', tend to get bans, some are intentionally here to disrupt, and newbies have to prove that is not their game for those with more time here... right or wrong fact of TVF life.

Too many newbies have been soon to be re-banned returned trolls and disrupters. That said after a hundred posts or so, most are easily accepted as regular people and not serial disrupters. But that doesn't mean those that disagree strongly with them will not continuously rebut their posts when they feel they are quite wrong, for what ever reasons.

Edited by animatic

begin removed ...

Obviously one can say anything you like about Thaksin, this is why the debate is unfair.

But enough, change the subject, I'm away for an hour of badminton :lol:

One reason why k. Thaksin may not need amnesty is that he still wins defamation cases while being a convicted criminal on the run. I guess it all depends on the certifiable truthfulness of what you say.

2010-09-03 Sondhi gets suspended jail term for defaming Thaksin

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/09/03/politics/Sondhi-gets-suspended-jail-term-for-defaming-Thaks-30137170.html

BTW as an 75-year old you should be careful playing badminton, can be heavy on knees and back. I assume you play indoors, air-conned hall ? Don't get overheated and drink lots of water.

begin removed ...

Obviously one can say anything you like about Thaksin, this is why the debate is unfair.

But enough, change the subject, I'm away for an hour of badminton :lol:

One reason why k. Thaksin may not need amnesty is that he still wins defamation cases while being a convicted criminal on the run. I guess it all depends on the certifiable truthfulness of what you say.

2010-09-03 Sondhi gets suspended jail term for defaming Thaksin

http://www.nationmul...s-30137170.html

BTW as an 75-year old you should be careful playing badminton, can be heavy on knees and back. I assume you play indoors, air-conned hall ? Don't get overheated and drink lots of water.

Thai courts and Thai justice works in mysterious ways, this is just one example amongst many. It reminds me of recent cases in the UK of convicted prisoners suing the government for not catering to their religious diets and demanding conjugal rights :lol:

Actually I play outdoors, the game gets interesting on windy days B) I don't get overheated, I sweat too much, never drink water, just watered down orange juice. I also play basketball and use weight training machines, all outdoors.

Most people think I'm joking when I tell them my age, they knock 20 years off.

Are you familiar with glucosamine?

A reply to a post has been removed as the act of replying to the post altered the quoted text in such a manner as to change the statement made by one member to imply another member made the statement. Replies to that post have also been removed.

30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

... but of course, an amnesty to return Thaksin to Thailand is the Pheu Thai priority ... it is why the party was created.

... seems the very vocal opposition by voters to this bloody corruption of the Pheu Thai Party is a bit more blowback than Thaksin anticipated, and is not the issue he hoped would ignite voters in his favor ... maybe he is is not so universally loved as this miscreant believes.

... Thaksin is arguably the galvanizing variable in this election ... his participation assures the sides remain light years apart, Thailand remains deeply divided and that no social reconciliation or political reform will be possible ... we might expect hereforward for Pheu Thai to downplay this plan ... who but the most stupid could NOT believe that "Pheu Thai = PM Thaksin".

... Thaksin will tear this country apart.