Where To Purchase Windows Xp Pro Product Keys?

bkkmick

I need to purchase about 25 Windows XP pro product keys or 25 copies of Win XP pro.

Is there a 'legitimate' reseller anywhere in Bangkok that offers a discount for bulk buying or buying one copy with 25 product keys?

Is it possible to download the keys? The PC's have 'hooky' versions of Windows and we want to install legitimate copies.

Hope that made sense.

Mick

If you can't find it cheaper than around B3,000, try:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=windows+xp+pro+oem+license&hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=16310323349091404640&sa=X&ei=6B3uTa2eNM6yrAep5syTBA&ved=0CEgQ8wIwAA

I know it used to be cheaper to buy OEM serial numbers, without the physical media, but I'll be darned if I can find any links to that now.

[edited to add:]

I know several years ago someone who needed a number of OEM license here in Thailand and the vendor in the USA wouldn't ship here, but they worked out a deal where the vendor would actually open the OEM packages and e-mail the individual license keys to the purchaser. Hard to say if that can be repeated, but it's worth a try, if all other roads lead to failure.

Edited by wpcoe

As devdrinker has suggested, don't buy any key in the ways suggested unless you get the genuine Certificate Of Authenticity sticker/s.

Otherwise what would be the difference between those and a hooky copy? Any can install XP and make it work as it should, but the auditor will be looking for the CoA and/or the 25 User licence.

Do you have another scenario in mind?

You want a VLK version you can add these to as many computers as you like with updates from microsoft for all thats what we use and we still use XP on are servers.

Illegally maybe, unless you meant by "as your wallet likes" when you said "as you like". VLK are issues against a Microsoft licensing agreement such as Open Value (recourring) and i think was Open Select (pay upfront), and there another for larger purchases etc.. which is licensed per workstation (the license per ws covers the server cal as well if servers are purchased as part - servers licenses are cheap on such plans iirc about 180quid for w2003 std on our quotas). The keys might be good for beyond your initial quota but then you have True-up at renewal each year, contract which is generally 3 years (at least with software assurance - future proof within the term). We paid about 12k sterling a year on open value for err.. 60 workstations (XP/Office and any CALs for any servers on the subscription) and 8 servers with 2 SQL Servers and Exchange Std and some Terminal Server client licenses (for beyond built in 2) if I remember correctly. Maybe you're expoliting a TechNet or MSDN subscription but these are not VLKs, and the licensing is much much stricter. Also from what I remember before the official support date for XP was pushed back to 2014 with these licenses you can install XP clients legitmately, although maybe thats changed, it been 3+ yrs since I had MS licensing boredom talk.

XP on are servers.

Really?? XP on a server? If you want to go the numpty route acquire a VLK on the blackmarket but dont pay much and expect it to be revoked eventually, and run XP on your servers, its the recipe for success! You might as well run Windows 2007 as well, Thai special edition spicy nig noi :D

So either do properly or do it cheaply/illegally, dont compromise as you are just burning money.

Disclaimer: I dont care about weather you choose to purchase legitmately or not, what is insane to me is people go half way, so if legitmate if 5,000 sterling a year they are willing to pay 2,000 for a key that works, you are no more legitmate that Bob-The-Plank the got it off piratebay and purchased a Technet key off ebay. If you are going do it half baked dont pay a baht - save your money for beer and ladies ;)

Edited by devdrinker

You want a VLK version you can add these to as many computers as you like with updates from microsoft for all thats what we use and we still use XP on are servers.

Illegally maybe, unless you meant by "as your wallet likes" when you said "as you like". VLK are issues against a Microsoft licensing agreement such as Open Value (recourring) and i think was Open Select (pay upfront), and there another for larger purchases etc.. which is licensed per workstation (the license per ws covers the server cal as well if servers are purchased as part - servers licenses are cheap on such plans iirc about 180quid for w2003 std on our quotas). The keys might be good for beyond your initial quota but then you have True-up at renewal each year, contract which is generally 3 years (at least with software assurance - future proof within the term). We paid about 12k sterling a year on open value for err.. 60 workstations (XP/Office and any CALs for any servers on the subscription) and 8 servers with 2 SQL Servers and Exchange Std and some Terminal Server client licenses (for beyond built in 2) if I remember correctly. Maybe you're expoliting a TechNet or MSDN subscription but these are not VLKs, and the licensing is much much stricter. Also from what I remember before the official support date for XP was pushed back to 2014 with these licenses you can install XP clients legitmately, although maybe thats changed, it been 3+ yrs since I had MS licensing boredom talk.

XP on are servers.

Really?? XP on a server? If you want to go the numpty route acquire a VLK on the blackmarket but dont pay much and expect it to be revoked eventually, and run XP on your servers, its the recipe for success! You might as well run Windows 2007 as well, Thai special edition spicy nig noi :D

So either do properly or do it cheaply/illegally, dont compromise as you are just burning money.

Disclaimer: I dont care about weather you choose to purchase legitmately or not, what is insane to me is people go half way, so if legitmate if 5,000 sterling a year they are willing to pay 2,000 for a key that works, you are no more legitmate that Bob-The-Plank the got it off piratebay and purchased a Technet key off ebay. If you are going do it half baked dont pay a baht - save your money for beer and ladies ;)

Yes as i suggested my company paid around £170 for unlimited installs of XP hope this is helpful for the OP

XP on are servers.

Yes as i suggested my company paid around £170 for unlimited installs of XP hope this is helpful for the OP

£170 for a stolen VLK? So you are suggestion that the OP moves from 'hooky copies' to 'hooky keys'? Perhaps I have misunderstood.

Who to?, MS Service Center in Nana Plaza? or Gary-Gob-<deleted> from Dodgy-It-(Thailand)-Ltd, free frisk included. Not a chance.. who was your MS licensing reseller.. unlimited for 170 i can tell you for a fact you are very misunderstood. But hey you paid 170 and you just as illegitmate as the piratebay guy, good going.. Ah just re-read you mean 170 per workstation for open value plan, correct? for (OS/Office/Server Cals) unlimited upto what you want to pay. If you try to say otherwise, i.e. you sound like not too bright to believe you have unlimited genuine install and licensing rights then sorry (at risk of violating forum rules) for 170 sterling per annum you are an absolute f* numpty, present a reasonable argument/story and we can discuss. Sounds like you got a Technet 12m subscription, why bother, you are violating the licensing anyway, read the terms, cheaper to pirate (no issue morally, just dont burn your money).. dont go half way, what is the point? It like insuring a stolen car, only dumb people do that

Edited by devdrinker

Okay since their only seems to be help coming from a few posters and dark clouds from others...

This is what wee do it may or may not be any use to you!!!!!..Anyway

All PC's wee purchase have a license windows 2000 xp windows 7 etc etc.

Wee have a package £170 that we reinstall on are servers for downgrade or upgrade whatever....

So our all PC's our licensed kosher you may have some pc's that apply to this...please see the link below

http://www.microsoft.com/oem/en/licensing/sblicensing/pages/downgrade_rights.aspx

Hopefully me and the OP will be educated by some other geniuses that have better idea's

Sorry i said VLK but that's what we call it.....

Okay since their only seems to be help coming from a few posters and dark clouds from others...

This is what wee do it may or may not be any use to you!!!!!..Anyway

All PC's wee purchase have a license windows 2000 xp windows 7 etc etc.

Wee have a package £170 that we reinstall on are servers for downgrade or upgrade whatever....

So our all PC's our licensed kosher you may have some pc's that apply to this...please see the link below

http://www.microsoft.com/oem/en/licensing/sblicensing/pages/downgrade_rights.aspx

Hopefully me and the OP will be educated by some other geniuses that have better idea's

Sorry i said VLK but that's what we call it.....

But the OP doesn't have genuine Windows 7 Ultimate or Professional licences, nor Vista Business or Ultimate, so how would downgrade rights help him??

It is (unfortunately) a VERY complicated thing (MS licensing), the information is confusing and the resellers are often reluctant to give out pricing and details without first disclosing all your information (which you then think crap we told them our situation and they told us we are not compliant better get it sorted soon). Ultimately my point is be very careful about spending ANY money because there is no grey area, you are either compliant or not, and would be a shame to spend a significant amount to still be classed as a pirate. The conditions in MS licensing are very restrictive, For example computers preinstalled with XP Pro do not have a CAL for the servers etc.. and can't be transferred on to Open Value etc.. although of course all installations will work and windows will still say genuine you are actually afoul of the licensing. Small business servver might be worth looking into but I believe its capped at 10 clients??

My advice on 25 workstations is go speak to MS licensing reseller in Thailand and get the facts right and hopefully a good advice.

* Its also highly likely that some of the information I've shared is now out-dated and possibly just plain wrong and/or alcohol influenced..

Edited by devdrinker

As a word of caution stay way from anything on windows 7 that may contain something like DAZ

I believe you might be referring to the Windows Activation Loader Crack by DAZ.

I agree. Stay away from any Windows 7 crack. You may regret it later. WAT (Windows Activation Technology) which replaced WGA in Windows XP is more effective at detecting and disabling the Windows 7 cracks. It may work fine at first, but after a few months, you may find your Windows 7 being crippled.;)