Skype Down?

Crossy

Skype seems to have stopped working, both here in India (several of us in the office) and at my home in Thailand (I VNC'd onto my wifes machine, same symptoms).

Continual 'connecting' symbol, occasional 'Skype has stopped working' message.

Anyone else?

Skype announcing on http://heartbeat.skype.com/2011/06/problems_signing_in_to_skype_f.html :

Problems signing in to Skype for a small number of users

By Peter Parkes on June 7, 2011.

Update:

A configuration problem has meant that some of you have been disconnected from Skype.

We've identified the cause of the problem, and have begun to address it. If you've been affected, you should start to see improvement in the next hour or so. You shouldn't need to manually sign back in to Skype - it should reconnect automatically when it's able to do so.

We apologise for the disruption to your conversations.

##

A small number of you may have problems signing in to Skype. We're investigating the cause, and hope to have more details to share soon.

now back, but no one else online

This is the same problem I am having. And good luck finding an email address/phone # for Cust. Sat. anywhere on the Skype "Help" screens. So I dug into who the actual owners of Skype are, (Silver Lake Partners in California), and sent their Investor Relations lady an email to fix it...let's see if I even get a response.

now back, but no one else online

This is the same problem I am having. And good luck finding an email address/phone # for Cust. Sat. anywhere on the Skype "Help" screens. So I dug into who the actual owners of Skype are, (Silver Lake Partners in California), and sent their Investor Relations lady an email to fix it...let's see if I even get a response.

Microsoft just bought Skype. Call and complain to Steve Ballmer :)