Shipping Company: Thailand To Uk

helpplease

Does anyone have any recommendations for a shipper to send personal effects to the UK from Bangkok?

I need some company to send all my stuff there (clothes, computer, documents, etc) - realistically, I guess about 1-2 pallets of stuff

Any idea of costs?

I can recommend ABS Relocations.com very professional.

Ta, I will give them a try.

I've been trying to find a company to give me a quote for weeks. It's not easy. They all want dimensions or weight. Since I have everything in boxes from Tesco that's not easy.

That shouldn't be too difficult - you can measure the boxes you are using:

Width x depth x height (in metres) = cubic metres per box

e.g. a 50cm x 50cm x 75cm carton is 0.1875 CBM

You have it easier than me: everything is scattered around my apartment, so I need to make really wild guesses.

Plus, I have no idea where to find packing boxes.

Also, got to work out what to do with my MBK DVD collection - sell them, dump them or ship them and hope no-one pays a lot of attention to them

About 8 years ago I used Allied Pickfords and they were brilliant.

I had all the stuff i wanted moving in a pile but unboxed, from furniture right down to the smallest and most fragile ornaments . . . A whole crew of packers with their own foreman descended on it in double quick time, custom-building the boxes/padding for the objects as they went along (a valuable rosewood coffee table ended up in it's own suit of carboard and padding armour). I was so impressed that I gave them 1000 Baht tip.

ABS-relocation called me today. All they wanted to know was the approx cubic dimension and the from and to location. They are going to give me a quote on Monday. That's all I wanted. Great.

The actual charge will be based on the 'freight tonne' which is the greater of the volume or weight so if you've got a lot of lead diving weights, dumbells or gold bars in the boxes I'd take them out.

I have measured and weighed and found I over estimated the volume and underestimated the weight. I have 370 kg and only 1.1 cubic meter. Thanks for the advice everyone. I will now submit for a quote.

Good news.

Can you let us/me know it turns out?

I've had a quote of $1875 US. This was more than it cost me to bring similar from Uk to here, but everything is more here. I am repacking and reducing weight a little but will probably go with this. I am also waiting quotes from a couple of other companies.

I've had a quote of $1875 US. This was more than it cost me to bring similar from Uk to here, but everything is more here. I am repacking and reducing weight a little but will probably go with this. I am also waiting quotes from a couple of other companies.

do you want to sent it by air or by sea freaght??