Kan Airlines

theblether

Is Kan Air still flying? The Kan Air website is not maintained and all links are dead. No one picks up phone.

Anybody know the current flight info and fare from Chiang Mai nto Chiang Rai and return?

Don't know about that route but they've been flying over my house in Pai making multiple practice approaches yesterday and today.

Their planes and routes look awfully-similar, to what has been marketed as 'Nok-Lite' for the last couple of years, I therefore suspect that this is more of a re-branding exercise, than anything truly new. Which isn't to say that they're not a useful part of the local aviation-scene. smile.gif

And SGA (Siam General Aviation IIRC) before that. I hadn't realised Nok-Lite had dropped those routes until I saw this, looks like it happened a couple of months back. Pity as they had a great service, so hope Kan keeps up the same. Looks like less frequency though, e.g. only one flight a day to Chiang Rai so you can't go and come back in a day.

It is good to see that Kan Air do Chiang Mai - Mae Sot flights now. There were no flights serving this route prior to Kan Air. I have, and will continue to use this service occasionally.

I used the service a few months ago to Mae Sot. I was a bit concerned in the Chiang Mai airport as they did not even have the flight listed on the flight board.

Not sure if it was the flight or some thing else. But they did not get up that high just enough to effect my ears. It was a month before I could shower or stand up quickly with out getting dizzy.

This is not a slam against them the flight was a good one.

If going to Mae Sot you might want to make accommodations for transport when you get there. One of the airport staff gave us ride in with his truck. 200 baht of course. If I go back I will still fly with them. The ear problem could have been some thing else as the Doctor at Ram said it is a common thing and would go away. He gave prescribed a ten day supply of pills I only had to buy it two more times.

I would rather hear about your 'horrific' 180 kilometer journey to Chiang Rai smile.gif

here's an extract of a blog I wrote describing said journey

Our mode of transport back to Chiang Mai was by bus, and we didn't realise that the service would be so busy. We couldn't get the VIP service, so we ended up in the second class service. Why would you care about that minor detail? Well I can safely say that I have never been so terrified in my life. Do you remember that Buddhists believe that they will be reincarnated 500 times? I'm convinced that our driver was trying to use up one of his lives up on this trip. We were running down steep mountainous roads, with cambers and corners going this way and that, warning signs everywhere, ( including Beware, Elephant Crossing signs ) and this driver was going like a man possessed. Hitting corners at high speed, over-taking on blind corners, causing the rear end of the bus to slide violently, and it turned out we were sitting on the worst seats on the bus, just behind the rear axle, and evey movement of the bus seemed to be "double bad" for us . I could not believe what I was seeing, and I missed most of the scenery cos I had my head in my hands, in a state of dread. The one time I did look up we were passing a graveyard, so my head went straight back into my hands again. Ken was going white, Fire Safety officer Richard was shaking his head in disbelief, and I think Harald was asleep as he wasn't saying much as usual.

We stopped for a few minutes at the bottom of the mountains and we breathed a sigh of relief, at least we were out of the worst of it. Wrong, we were on a plateau and the next bit was even worse. I jest you not, we were wondering why the handles on our seats had been ripped off and reattached several times, now we found out. This was a horror journey, Ken got a grip of his handle so tight that the palms of his hands started to sweat. He constantly rejoined, "Oh no Davie, he's over-taking again, oh no Davie he's speeding up into a blind corner.......oh no Davie, wait till you see this corner that's coming at us.....oh no Davie..........", I wasn't very happy at this running commentary of near misses and near death experiences as I had my eyes tightly shut and I was praying to every deity I could think of, so getting a running commentary was defeating the purpose. Then Richard started, " Oh no., you want to see the shear drop over the cliff here". No I didn't want to see it, that's why my eyes were closed!!!!! The one time I looked up I could see a Buddhist monk having a good laugh at our panicked antics. I think I'm going to request a Christian driver the next time, these Buddhists are a bit mad!! Anyway, we made it back to our hotel, where crawled up the steps in a state of shock, and blessed our luck at being alive by downing a bottle of whisky to steady our nerves. I can safely say I have never been so terrified in my life, and I know Ken and Richard agree, ( and remember Richard is a retired Fireman ). I don't know what Harald thinks as I think he was sleeping.

If you would like to read the full blog here's the link............http://www.visitorreview.com/flightcentre/ThaTonTenTonElephantsTigersandTerrorinThailand

I book a day early. No problem. Took the second class bus once from Ma Hong son journey OK but uncomfortable bus.

Edited by hellodolly

Is Kan Air still flying? The Kan Air website is not maintained and all links are dead. No one picks up phone.

Anybody know the current flight info and fare from Chiang Mai nto Chiang Rai and return?

Just got off phone with Kan Air office in Chiang Mai. Chiang Mai - Chiang Rai flights suspended untl "year-end".