Video Cassette To Digital

danozxfxr

There is a shop at Pantip Plaza (Night Bazaar street) that does this, assuming they are still there. If you enter the building from the Night Bizaar street go all the way to the back wall and look to your right (I think.) Previously they had a large sign saying something like "transfer tapes to DVD." I suspect they are still there but don't know for sure. They can transfer to VCD (cheaper) or DVD (a bit more expensive but well worth it.)

Edited by roger1999

I think there is another way you can do this.

There is a special cable that can be bought in the Computer Plaza that will connect your camcorder directly into a DVD player/recorder.

Just connect the cable from your camcorder to the DVD recorder then play the videocassette on the camcorder and record it either onto a DVD or the hard drive of the DVD player/recorder.

But do realise that when an analogue is transferred onto digital there will be loss of quality. Something like a copy of a copy.

Unfortunately this isn't an option. The camcorder I was using then took a crap from tapeing to much while it was mounted to my Harley. Thanks for the thought though! I will try some of those places from the previous posts.

I think there is another way you can do this.

There is a special cable that can be bought in the Computer Plaza that will connect your camcorder directly into a DVD player/recorder.

Just connect the cable from your camcorder to the DVD recorder then play the videocassette on the camcorder and record it either onto a DVD or the hard drive of the DVD player/recorder.

But do realise that when an analogue is transferred onto digital there will be loss of quality. Something like a copy of a copy.

<<I have a couple compact video cassette's from my older camcorder I would like to make digital, or transfer to DVD. Is anyone aware of a shop that's capable of doing this?>>

As a last chance, if you do not find a proper shop, may be I can do it for you (for free, of course), provided that it is really a "couple" of video cassettes and that these old cassettes are in the Video 8 or Hi8 formats (These cassettes look like audio cassettes)

Just PM me, I believe that I have my e-mail address somewhere in my profile.

There are people in Icon Plaza or Computer Plaza that do this too. I forget where exactly the shop is. I think they have moved around the complex a couple of times. Just ask in there and someone will point you in the right direction.

Icon/Computer Plaza; first fllor, just show you v.d.o. casette tzo some people and they will direct you to the shop owned by a lady.

she did the transfer to two cds (VCD) for 150 baht.

cheers