Train An Outdoor Cat Into An Indoor Cat ?

hi there

I have a 3.5 years old muted male outdoor cat. he goes out at 6 in the morning and comes in and out as he likes. home again for dinner then he sleeps at home. recently couple of big cats from far neighbours come and confrontation and noise start !

any trick that I could train my always outdoor cat to be at home ? or more time to stay home ? he yells everytime we close the door :-(

thanks . . .

• 2 weeks later...

post the question on www.catsup.co.uk they have a message board. I am sure you will get the right replies quick and fast.

You will have to register first just like you did on here but I find them a wealth of information.

Start with a litter box inside and get him used to that. Some interesting places to sleep would be a good start (cardboard boxes with a towel in) my cat likes to sink in the guest room!!! and some play time indoors.

thanks Julie, I will try catsup soon !

we tried litter box, cat bed, play time . . . yet in the day time, he feels more fun in our neighbours' gardens. just coming in and out for food.

in the evening, he is very nice and stay at home till morning. almost two different characters :-)

cheers

post the question on www.catsup.co.uk they have a message board. I am sure you will get the right replies quick and fast.

You will have to register first just like you did on here but I find them a wealth of information.

Start with a litter box inside and get him used to that. Some interesting places to sleep would be a good start (cardboard boxes with a towel in) my cat likes to sink in the guest room!!! and some play time indoors.