!!

Swedish National On Trial After Drugs Arrest In Thailand Last Year

webfact

WHATEVER you do, don't get caught MANUFACTURING drugs here. It leads to DEATH penalty for class 1 drugs.

in one interrogation Kim said:

“I was interested in learning how to produce the drug “Ice” and he (Thomas Lilus) offered to teach me. He then suggested that it would be better to do this in Thailand. He had just been teaching me for two days how to do - and I had been filming it on video so I would be able to remember. Then he said he would go and pick up his girlfriend - and half an hour later the police stormed in. It is a bit too much of a coincidence!” Kim says.

Then to the Thai police:

“I have a license to produce liquid soap. I bought the laboratory equipment and the chemicals so that the other man could teach me how to produce liquid soap.”

Sounds a bit fishy and guilty to me..

Personally i think Thailand goes way over board on "Drugs" The death penalty for .005kgs of meth? Cmon now. Thats Absurd. They should use the American system, Its not what some people would like the drugs situation to be but its much much less harsh.

OMG. What a sad story. :(

why sad?

"I just wnated to learn how to produce meth, but I didn't want to relly make meth"

sure. perfectly logical.

Its sad even though he broke a law when doing this, Its sad because death for such a small measly crime. I think drug laws here are way overboard. 3 years in thai jail is punishment enough.

There was a case of a Thai who just served four years for murder. When he was released he got a job as a security guard at a hotel in Phuket and then murdered a maid in less than one month after his release. Somehow is seems that there is an imbalance in the justice system here...

What's your point -- is it your contention that if he were Thai his sentence would have been lighter? That foreigners typically get harsher treatment by the Thai justice system?

Personally i think Thailand goes way over board on "Drugs" The death penalty for .005kgs of meth? Cmon now. Thats Absurd. They should use the American system, Its not what some people would like the drugs situation to be but its much much less harsh.

1) What is "the American system"?

2) Why should Thais use it?

Its American policy with its global war on drugs thats pushed nations into giving ridiculous sentences for drugs.

I hope the lad can keep his mind together until he gets out, or is wealthy enough to bribe his way out!

Its American policy with its global war on drugs thats pushed nations into giving ridiculous sentences for drugs.

I hope the lad can keep his mind together until he gets out, or is wealthy enough to bribe his way out!

Yeah, it's the Americans' fault!

biggrin.gif

Edited by SteeleJoe

Yeah, it's the Americans' fault!

biggrin.gif

This ridiculous war on drugs was started and is pushed by America, that along with govts who were desperate to trade with America and get foreign aid when it was a growing power.

You have DEA posters plastered around Pattaya urging people to grass someone up <deleted>, the American govt is in many ways a vile regime, but yes a sovereign nation should take responsibility for its actions.

Please read up on the history of this drugs war that America STARTED and the world cannot win.

Edited by houseinbkk

he was making it <deleted>, nothing to do with what was found on him at the time, maybe he just sold a truck load, what gets me here is that it seems there was a 3rd party involved who appears to have got off scott free

but there seems to be no doubt he was involved in the production of drugs and got caught, he chose the path and wishes he hadn't

My 2 cents... yes it looks to me like he was set up, but not framed - and is clearly guilty. I also think that his sentence was way too harsh, but that's the Law here.

Does the Law need an overhaul? That's a whole other matter. It's not for me to decide, but I think it does. Police actually spend time enforcing anti-gambling laws for people playing cards for 20 Baht denominations and people pay 1,000s of dollars to fast-track a case involving a reefer-butt. I don't think lawmakers have any intention of revising the Law though, and that's their prerogative.

Meanwhile individual policemen are overseeing/regulating organised criminal activities such as gambling dens (and I expect drug production/distribution in far larger quantities than this Swedish guy has been convicted of), and it's not really credible they are doing so without full knowledge and, possibly, support from their superiors all the way up the chain.

caveat - I don't know any of this for a fact, and it's just my opinion based on what I read and hear with astonishing frequency. So don't lock me up B)