Pics, Telephone Records & Email Proof

Hey all hope everyone's well,

I have been with my girlfriend now for just over 4 years, and i really want to bring her over to England for a visit, so she can see what it is like in England (rubbish to most of us ;) ). I would rather live with her in Thailand, but can't see myself finding work (no degree and i work in retail).

Anyway i was starting to put together some paperwork, and i was wondering the best way to organise all of my pics/phone records & emails to prove our relationship?

I have sooooo many emails between the 2 of us i would need a whole ink cartridge to print it! Also we use skype to skype, so there is no proof we speak there (very unfortunate as we skype for about 2 hours everyday wihout fail!), but i do have the skype itemised paperwork for when i call her mobile (although it isn't on headed paper so not sure how much its worth). She has a lot of official itemised bills as she calls/sms me everyday though so that should be ok hopefully.

Again with the pics, i have loads built up over the 4 years, including a picture book i did for our anniversary recently, but no idea how to present them as evidence.

I also have records from western union, thai language certificates (stayed in Thailand for 6 months last year) i kept the address labels when she sent presents to the Uk, loads of stuff like that but i have no idea how best to collate this info to make it easy for any interviewing officer or whoever to access!

Any advice anyone can give me i'll be really grateful!

Kindest Regards,

Oh right I knew how to do it I was just wondering if it was considered reasonable proof in that manner. It worked for the visit visa I organised but I'm taking much more of a risk with the settlement visa as conditions for entry are probably much more strict.

The Skype records show hours every day of conversation. This is good because I was unable to get itemised phone bills even though there were many because it was a company phone and they wouldn't release the records dam_n them.

Screen shots is a great idea!

What about the pics and emails?

For phone records, from memory you can print off Skype calls? Same for mobile and landline bills. I highlighted with a marker the relevant number(s).

Emails, print the "headers" pages which just shows the incoming mail and the email address from who it is from.

Photos, put them in A4 photo sleeves.

At the beginning of this "Contact Section" I wrote a "Key", "Index" or "Summary" page which explained everything. ie the phone numbers my gf used (she had been working abroad and my bills had USA, Canadian and two or three Thai numbers on them), the different email addresses, locations and dates of where our photos were taken.

Good luck :thumbsup:

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

Screen shots is a great idea!

What about the pics and emails?

For phone records, from memory you can print off Skype calls? Same for mobile and landline bills. I highlighted with a marker the relevant number(s).

Emails, print the "headers" pages which just shows the incoming mail and the email address from who it is from.

Photos, put them in A4 photo sleeves.

At the beginning of this "Contact Section" I wrote a "Key", "Index" or "Summary" page which explained everything. ie the phone numbers my gf used (she had been working abroad and my bills had USA, Canadian and two or three Thai numbers on them), the different email addresses, locations and dates of where our photos were taken.

Good luck :thumbsup:

RAZZ

Cheers dude!

In terms of settlement visas do you think if I have 200-300 pages of skype and MSN since she left the UK after living with me for 5 months plus emails and photos of us together in Thailand (3 week visit) and photos of her with me and my family (5 month visit) that this will be sufficient?

I'm currently putting my wifes settlement file together.

For photos I have copied and pasted 4x photos to each A4 page and printed out several pages. I think it's important to show the photo's spanning the duration of the relationship rather than pure quantity of pics. Some, not all, of my photos have that digital date printed in the corner, so I have arranged them in order to show a timeline of pics from our first meeting up to present and will add a few more when I go back to submit the application with her. The dates on the photos will obviously then tie in with the entry stamps in my passport.

I have done the same with emails. As well as a screen shot from the header page, I have supplied sample emails printouts, a few from each month since we met to show a timescale of our relationship.

For telephone records I have printouts of SMS records from Skype printed out monthly. Itemised phone bills showing calls to my wifes mobile. I also have some bills showing calls to a cheap call forwarding number (0844) which I used to use and although this doesn't show my wifes thai number, I have explained this in a note with the documentation.

I have also arranged other things onto easy to read A4 pages too. For example I scanned all of my boarding pass stubbs from my visits to Thailand, as well as domestic flights we have made together, hotel receipts and presented them on A4 pages, one for each seperate trip.

hi - i have attached a section heading list you might find useful. it is for a settlement visa app, but you can add or take away what you want, and it is very similar to the tourist visa appp i made back in January. you dont need to include too many photos. you have been together 4 years so maybe no more than 5 a year. together with email headers and skype records and hotel receipts, or rental agreements that will be enough. take a photo outside myour house in thailand showing your house number. i use MSN chat myself but i did use skype once, and i know it is hard to show show skype records. printing the screen, as explained, is one way. you can also try and google your problems ( about trying to get the records from skype ) and i think there might be a program you can use which extracts the info, and then you can print it.

you will also need to write a good covering sponsor letter, showing you have the money to finance her trip and your trip ( or will she finance her own trip?~), and you have the accomodation. you say you live in thailand so where will you stay in the UK? does your girlfriend work? how long will the UK visit be for? if she has a job is her employer happy to let her have the time off. 1 or 2 or 3 weeks are ok if she works, but normally an employer will not let someone take a 6 week + holiday. your girlfriend's reason to return to thailand is important.

your parents can accomodate you maybe, and they could sponsor her, if necessary. you will need to give some more details. but as far as your relationship being genuine, i believe you can prove that.

section list.doc

hi - i have attached a section heading list you might find useful. it is for a settlement visa app, but you can add or take away what you want, and it is very similar to the tourist visa appp i made back in January. you dont need to include too many photos. you have been together 4 years so maybe no more than 5 a year. together with email headers and skype records and hotel receipts, or rental agreements that will be enough. take a photo outside myour house in thailand showing your house number. i use MSN chat myself but i did use skype once, and i know it is hard to show show skype records. printing the screen, as explained, is one way. you can also try and google your problems ( about trying to get the records from skype ) and i think there might be a program you can use which extracts the info, and then you can print it.

you will also need to write a good covering sponsor letter, showing you have the money to finance her trip and your trip ( or will she finance her own trip?~), and you have the accomodation. you say you live in thailand so where will you stay in the UK? does your girlfriend work? how long will the UK visit be for? if she has a job is her employer happy to let her have the time off. 1 or 2 or 3 weeks are ok if she works, but normally an employer will not let someone take a 6 week + holiday. your girlfriend's reason to return to thailand is important.

your parents can accomodate you maybe, and they could sponsor her, if necessary. you will need to give some more details. but as far as your relationship being genuine, i believe you can prove that.

Hi Thanks for the index i really appreciate the help!

I live in England actually, but i will need to find my own place to live first before i intend to apply.

She works 2 jobs, but should be able to get about a month off hopefully, maybe only 3 weeks but that will be ok.

I can't believe i never kept hotel receipts from before! We went to Singapore and Bali together back in 2007, and to Koh Lipe in 2009, but it never occured to me then to keep the receipts or flight details! She does have the same date stamps in her passport as i have so that should be ok though.

Again thanks for the help! Definately the most helpful forum i've ever visited!:jap:

Have you thought of putting some on a disk, and including it in your visa application , that way you can put more than you can send , Still send samples but just include a computer disk.

I am afraid the visa application centre will not accept cd's or disks. in case they may contain a virus