Ilr (Uk) Childrens Birth Cert

Sorry if this has alredy been covered But I don't know what to do about this. My wife and her 13 year old Daughter are now able to apply for ILR.

I have everthing in place But

Section 10A States ( Child's birth Certificate ) A full birth certificate ( ie one which shows the parents names ) for each child under 18

of your present marriage or civil partnership or relationship who is applying fot ILR in theUK with you.

Now the problem We do have her birt cert but it is in Thai We do not have a English Translation but It does say on the guidance notes

any document submited in a language other than English must be accompanied with a reliable Translation.

FLR was obtained in Thailand so no Translation was obtained

Just like to add that I will not be named has her father. So is it nessersary submit the Thai birth cert or not.

If it is. does any one know where we could get a Reliable Traslation

Anyone with up to date Info. Thanks

Hi Ken, two years down the line and we're at stage two. Let's hope it's a bit quicker than the wait we all had two years ago. We're also about to apply for my wife and 13 year old daughter's ILR and, although we do have an English translation, I remember when I applied for child benefit two years ago they wouldn't accept our (certified) English translation. I was told that, because documents like that are easily 'doctored' on a PC, no government department would now accept a supplied English translation, they only wanted the original (Thai) certificate and they would do the translation themselves.

A friend of mine who went to Liverpool last week with his wife and two stepchildren to apply for their ILR in person (they're going to Thailand in four weeks and didn't want to risk the post and not getting their passports back in time) told me they didn't ask for an English translation, only the original Thai birth certificates. And everything was completed in less than an hour.

But if you're not sure give the UKBA a quick ring.

Thanks for your reply Will Send PM to you

Hi Ken, two years down the line and we're at stage two. Let's hope it's a bit quicker than the wait we all had two years ago. We're also about to apply for my wife and 13 year old daughter's ILR and, although we do have an English translation, I remember when I applied for child benefit two years ago they wouldn't accept our (certified) English translation. I was told that, because documents like that are easily 'doctored' on a PC, no government department would now accept a supplied English translation, they only wanted the original (Thai) certificate and they would do the translation themselves.

A friend of mine who went to Liverpool last week with his wife and two stepchildren to apply for their ILR in person (they're going to Thailand in four weeks and didn't want to risk the post and not getting their passports back in time) told me they didn't ask for an English translation, only the original Thai birth certificates. And everything was completed in less than an hour.

But if you're not sure give the UKBA a quick ring.

Thank"s very much for your offer. I have just tel Border agency help line and it looks like the english translation is Not Required.

So I will send the thai one and we shall see

Feel free to scan it and we will translate it and return it to you via email.