Vaccination In Phuket, Where?

dollarman

Where should I go to get all the necessary vaccines for Thailand here in Phuket? I am looking for hepatitis A+B and whatever else I need.

It would also be great to know if the place has the newest kind of the vaccines.

I am sure most answers will be Bangkok hospital, but I am pretty sure one does not need the best nurses in Phuket to set a simple injection.

I would probably go to Phuket International Hospital outpatient clinic. It's entrance is over to the right of the main entrance. I think they charge 100 Baht to put your information in their system if you are a new patient. I'm pretty sure they would be less than BPH, which I personally don't care for... For hep B you have to get three injections. I think the third one is at least 6 months after the second...

After your second Hepatitis B innoculation, check to see if you have antibodies. Although the literature reports that less than 10% will not be protected, I am of the opinion that the number is closer to 20%. It is better to know if the innoculations worked than to just jab.

As well, consider taking the vaccinations separately and not in the dual dose. It is less costly and produces the same benefit.

Once you are at it get a tetanus booster. Probably one of the most valuable vaccinations in the land of scrapes, jabs, cuts and compund fractures.

After your second Hepatitis B innoculation, check to see if you have antibodies. Although the literature reports that less than 10% will not be protected, I am of the opinion that the number is closer to 20%. It is better to know if the innoculations worked than to just jab.

As well, consider taking the vaccinations separately and not in the dual dose. It is less costly and produces the same benefit.

Once you are at it get a tetanus booster. Probably one of the most valuable vaccinations in the land of scrapes, jabs, cuts and compund fractures.

Tetanus would be the single most imortant vaccination in TH. But a booster only works if its less than 10 years since last time. If you are not sure, start tetanus (stivkrampe) from zero, IOW three shots in 6 months.

Hepatit and tetanus is more likely to work if you do not take them same days, leave a week between them