Help With Documents For Buying/Selling Car

Hi everyone.

My friend is going back to his home country, but it doesn't look like he'll be able to get his car sold before he leaves, so he wants to transfer ownership to me to sell for him.

I have a couple questions about this.

For the seller (my friend):

His work permit and non-B visa expired a few weeks ago, so he is on a tourist visa. So to sell the car, he needs to go to immigration to get a certificate of residence, correct? Does he need anything else (other than the car book and transfer papers)?

For the buyer (me):

I have a non-Ed visa (I'm doing my master's here). So I will also need the cert. of residence from immigration, right? For this, what do I need to take with me to immigration? Is a copy of my lease agreement enough? Will I need anything else for the dept. of land transport to transfer ownership?

If anyone has any other advice, it would be much appreciated.

BBTJ

Bunch of existing info here on this, but here we go again

seller needs copy passport with valid permit to stay. Some very few DLt require certificate of residence issued by Immigration or sellers Embassy

foreign buyer needs copy of passport with valid permit to stay, some DLT require to actually see original passport

certifcate of residence

most Imigration will issue certificate of residence based on your lease, supposing lease is complete with copy Tabien Baan and ID card, all signed

Some DLT accept 90 days report as certificate of residence