Nursing Home For Dad

My pop is in a nursing home in the US and the expense is

quite a burden on the family.

Is it possible to bring him to Thailand on a long term basis

and have him cared for here ?

Will immigration reject him even if he can show the necessary

assets and has a son here on long term Visa ?

Anyone here ever done this for a parent or grandarent ?

Thank you for any information or experience you can share.

Has no one brought a family member over here to Thailand to reduce nursing home expenses ??

How does immigration view this sort of thing ?

Thank you

Presumably he would just come on a retirement visa. You could then set him up in a nice apartment somewhere and emply a full time nurse to look after him. Should be cheap enough.

My mate in Buriram had the same situation, his father who was in his early 80's was in a nursing home in the UK and not very happy, he was been left unattended and was very unhappy. hence his health was going down by the week, so his son who lived in Thailand decided to move him from the home, to Thailand, he employed a qualified Thai nurse, he was paying her more than the local hospital where she worked, she had her own room and lived with them, he lived for another 5 happy years in Thailand and loved every day of it, coming to the visa situation, he had no problems with visas, his father took him to the border a few times and got to know a couple of the officials, after this he just use to take his passport and they would stamp it, i think i am right what i have said, but to be on the safe side i will P/M my mates number and you can have a chat to him.