Democrat Party Says Provoking 'Red Shirts' Is Not Plan For Rally At Bangkok's Ratchaprasong

webfact

Do you know that Thailand is not the USA?

You might want to study the electoral law in Thailand, that clearly defines what is allowed and what is not allowed in a campaign.

Yingluck runs a non-confrontational, positive campaign. No negative words, rants or blames towards the Democrats, (actually nearly no words at all, ignoring the Dens completely). Yinglucks leads the polls. Thai people like to be with the winner. And Yingluck has a winning smile, is friendly and offers harmony.

No, I did not know Thailand was not the USA.

Anyway, no, I'm not going to do a study so why don't you point us to the part in the Thai electoral law that says a candidate can't run a campaign against an opposing party by highlighting its direct association with anarchic, violent, revolutionary rioters?

Hmmm. Yingluck. No words at all. Avoids talking about issues. Winning because she's pretty and has a lovely smile. That's what Thai people love.

Sounds like you work for PAD?

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The final throes of a truly desperate bunch. They are throwing away any chance of future reconciliation by riling the opposition just for the sake of their political gain. It's only going to turn more against them. I hope their propaganda is drowned out by the many reds who will surely turn out.

Since when do the reds want a reconciliation?

Why do the reds fear so much this kind of meeting organized by PM Abhisit?

Why should this meeting be disturbed by the reds? After all they are always talking about democracy, aren't they?

How would it be a sign of democracy if the reds turn out at the meeting and start to disturb a peaceful reunion?

But, maybe, they are not that much for democracy? Or should it be their democracy? The one that show teeth, hate, disrespect of the others rights, and terrorize those who think differently.... Surely you were not around Ratchprasong last April May, and you did not see what happened here.... I mean when reds were harassing and threatening all who were not reds....

Thank you for writing this down so I don't have to do it. :jap:

Very well said!

At the end of the day you have to feel sorry for the reds because they are just being used (even as human shields) by 1 power hungry, crooked, dangerous-as-hell person.

EC commissions on holiday, no one to stop it and if they do, on what basis?

so its finally time for some blood and guts home truths about the red leaders

no one can dispute the video evidence as to the moral character of the red candidates

its been seen 10,000 times by those who already have a computer and aren't just bottle fed pictures of dead reds and the associated propaganda that goes with them

i think its a great idea to have this rally, Thais are at best forgetful

i hope to see the worst of the worst excesses by the reds re-publicised for all to see

i can see it now

ok here we go then dems we have a great show for you tonight:

red lawyers, you ready for this? get your pencils ready

you wanted press freedom, freedom of speech, democracy as you call it, so lets do that: right now

OK this is what red candidate # said and did:

roll it..........

this is the five * hotel he stayed in while you reds slept on the street

this is what 25 million baht looks like

this is what he has in his bank account from sources unknown while you reds get 500 baht for being here

this is one of his five imported vehicles

this is one of his two mansions

this is him evicting red farmers like yourselves from land they owned to make way for a palm oil producer

this is him inciting you reds to riot

this is him telling you reds to kill your fellow thais

this is him telling you reds to burn bangkok

this is him telling you reds to burn town halls

this is him with the convicted red fugitive Thaksin

this is him with the red (and black) mercenary Sae Daeng

this is him.................

this is him..................

next up we have candidate #

this is her..................

get it?

do you think Farangs can go to this rally?

sounds like it will be very entertaining especially if the reds turn up.......

You might wanna study what the electoral law allows in a campaign and what not. The OP has some hints about it.

EC rules or not

you reds say you want free speech, democracy, freedom of the press etc

the truths the truth no matter how its packaged, the reds keep demanding it, so maybe its time it was exposed for all to see

who knows what evidence Suthep and Abhisist might have that was previously too sensitive

maybe there is an election killer blow ih there

maybe you should be careful what you wish for ...........

Edited by timekeeper

Well, Abhisit want to appeal the undecided voters and not those who already made their choice.

And i don't think the blame game is the best strategy. It puts people off.

"It puts people off"

Yes it does, it puts undecided-voters, and the polls suggest there are still a lot of those, off voting for the PTP/Red-leader party. :o

I suspect that the gloves will come off over the final two weeks of the election-campaign, this may not be pretty or help reconciliation, but the Democrats need to remind the voters just what the UDD/PTP has been doing, since the PPP lost power. I'd love to see Ms Yingluck trying to defend her running-mates, especially in a debate alongside PM-Abhisit, but doubt her minders will permit this.

Better to keep harking-back to the good old days, of a booming world-economy a decade ago, and pushing the magical family-name. She's so 'amazingly fresh and hot', it might distract people from remembering the calls to burn Bangkok down, and looking at who else they're voting for on her 'slate' ! B)

Correct! The glovers have to come off over the final two weeks. Thaksin's propaganda machine is running too fast. It is doing exactly what it is sopposed to be doing; turning Thaskin en the reds from aggressors into victims.

You have to admit that the guy is good.

You might want to study the electoral law in Thailand, that clearly defines what is allowed and what is not allowed in a campaign.

Yingluck runs a non-confrontational, positive campaign. No negative words, rants or blames towards the Democrats, (actually nearly no words at all, ignoring the Dens completely). Yinglucks leads the polls. Thai people like to be with the winner. And Yingluck has a winning smile, is friendly and offers harmony.

Anyway, no, I'm not going to do a study so why don't you point us to the part in the Thai electoral law that says a candidate can't run a campaign against an opposing party by highlighting its direct association with anarchic, violent, revolutionary rioters?

Hmmm. Yingluck. No words at all. Avoids talking about issues. Winning because she's pretty and has a lovely smile. That's what Thai people love.

Okay the OP has a hint:

"I'm studying whether it's against the law if both audio and video (of the unrest) are shown while campaigning," Mr Suthep added. (MCOT online news)

Guess why Suthep has to do that?

I recommend to check my little quiz on the electoral law.

You might also want to consider if you should not add the word alleged or allegedly when you talk about party and a "direct association with anarchic, violent, revolutionary rioters" to avoid making statements that could be seen as defamation or something like libel and slander.

That are laws in Thailand and nobody is above them.

I find it strange that we've had 3 pages of this thread and no one has yet complained - as they did when the red shirt movement held rallies there - about the total lack of consideration given to the ordinary people who work in or use the Ratchprasong area to commute through on a daily basis, and the disruption and loss this event will doubtless bring them.

Did I miss the thread dedicated to the Dems' traffic-easing contingency plans and compensation scheme for time or money lost due to this event?

Or does everyone automatically think that the number of people in attendance is hardly going to raise such concerns?

Just seems strange, that's all. ;)

EC commissions on holiday, no one to stop it and if they do, on what basis?

so its finally time for some blood and guts home truths about the red leaders

no one can dispute the video evidence as to the moral character of the red candidates

its been seen 10,000 times by those who already have a computer and aren't just bottle fed pictures of dead reds and the associated propaganda that goes with them

i think its a great idea to have this rally, Thais are at best forgetful

i hope to see the worst of the worst excesses by the reds re-publicised for all to see

i can see it now

ok here we go then dems we have a great show for you tonight:

red lawyers, you ready for this? get your pencils ready

you wanted press freedom, freedom of speech, democracy as you call it, so lets do that: right now

OK this is what red candidate # said and did:

roll it..........

this is the five * hotel he stayed in while you reds slept on the street

this is what 25 million baht looks like

this is what he has in his bank account from sources unknown while you reds get 500 baht for being here

this is one of his five imported vehicles

this is one of his two mansions

this is him evicting red farmers like yourselves from land they owned to make way for a palm oil producer

this is him inciting you reds to riot

this is him telling you reds to kill your fellow thais

this is him telling you reds to burn bangkok

this is him telling you reds to burn town halls

this is him with the convicted red fugitive Thaksin

this is him with the red (and black) mercenary Sae Daeng

next up we have candidate #

this is her..................

get it?

do you think Farangs can go to this rally?

sounds like it will be very entertaining especially if the reds turn up.......

You might wanna study what the electoral law allows in a campaign and what not. The OP has some hints about it.

EC rules or not

you reds say you want free speech, democracy, freedom of the press etc

the truths the truth no matter how its packaged, the reds keep demanding it, so maybe its time it was exposed for all to see

who knows what evidence Suthep and Abhisist might have that was previously too sensitive

maybe there is an election killer blow ih there

maybe you should be careful what you wish for ...........

This thing is going to be big.

Okay the OP has a hint:

"I'm studying whether it's against the law if both audio and video (of the unrest) are shown while campaigning," Mr Suthep added. (MCOT online news)

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4488080

You might also want to consider if you should not add the word alleged or allegedly when you talk about party and a "direct association with anarchic, violent, revolutionary rioters" to avoid making statements that could be seen as defamation or something like libel and slander.

Come on! For the last 2 years we have only heard the red propaganda machine telling lies about the democrat government. Mass rallies and fabricated evidence on a weekly basis. Now that the democrats want explain their side of the story, on stage, in public, people start talking about breaking the law?!

That's right! The only mission Yingluck has is to fly below the radar and smile. Big brother will do the dirty work behind the scene! That's old school.

OK, alleged. Who's playing the FEAR card now?

The Dems playing the Fear card. PT wants to bring *Thaksin back*, they say. to appeal those people who fear/hate Thaksin.

Problem: Thaksin was the most popular PM ever, during his days as PM. And it is only a tiny minority who actually hate him or hate the reds. Many people still support Thaksin and/or the reds. And probably much more don't care, don't hate Thaksin and don't mind if he would come back or not.

The Dems playing a game that they cannot really win, alleged target are the undecided voters, but they have probably those in mind who would choose the NO Vote option. For that ultra wing they are now trying to look a little bit like tough girls.

The Dems playing the Fear card. PT wants to bring *Thaksin back*, they say. to appeal those people who fear/hate Thaksin.

Problem: Thaksin was the most popular PM ever, during his days as PM. And it is only a tiny minority who actually hate him or hate the reds. Many people still support Thaksin and/or the reds. And probably much more don't care, don't hate Thaksin and don't mind if he would come back or not.

The Dems playing a game that they cannot really win, alleged target are the undecided voters, but they have probably those in mind who would choose the NO Vote option. For that ultra wing they are now trying to look a little bit like tough girls.

Can you please state your sources regarding the "only tiny majority who actually hate him or the reds, etc...."

Surely you have accurate data to back up your statement.... Or is it just part of the usual bulls..t propaganda that we can see too often...?

the truth hurts,and i for one welcome this rally

what you see and hear will not change a red,but the truth will be shown and noway will thailand be in the hands of red gangsters again 100%

like it or not this is thailand and dems will be in power again,things will be bad you seen nothing yet, even if pt get 40%.60% still dont want it and thats the way it is going to be,the likes of posters on here who joined over the last few months and dont know how thailand works shame on you,all your random crap dont wash and cant change a thing.

this is thailand,say it again this is thailand.there is so much you guys miss look at the big picture and who wants a gangster in power and why.ive lived here a long time have kids and i fear whats to come.so should you but have no clue 3 weeks to wait,i hope your happy your lives in thailand will never be the same

Can you please state your sources regarding the "only tiny majority who actually hate him or the reds, etc...."

Surely you have accurate data to back up your statement.... Or is it just part of the usual bulls..t propaganda that we can see too often...?

How about the last election or the latest polls?

the truth hurts,and i for one welcome this rally

what you see and hear will not change a red,but the truth will be shown and noway will thailand be in the hands of red gangsters again 100%

like it or not this is thailand and dems will be in power again,things will be bad you seen nothing yet, even if pt get 40%.60% still dont want it and thats the way it is going to be,the likes of posters on here who joined over the last few months and dont know how thailand works shame on you,all your random crap dont wash and cant change a thing.

this is thailand,say it again this is thailand.there is so much you guys miss look at the big picture and who wants a gangster in power and why.ive lived here a long time have kids and i fear whats to come.so should you but have no clue 3 weeks to wait,i hope your happy your lives in thailand will never be the same

I would not say that 'do not want' are all these who don't vote for PT. Beside the Democrats non of the other smaller parties (the ones who will make it into the parliament) send a clear Anti-Thaksin signal.

The Dems are now aiming for the Anti-Thaksins. Not sure how successful that will be because I think the majority of Thais don't mind. They are not exactly Thaksin lovers, but will have no problem to vote for PT or no issues if one of the smaller parties they voted for joins a coalition with PT.

Most Thais are tired of the bickering. Sometimes its time to get over it. That is what the Yingluck campaign does. Nothing controversial. The Dems trying exactly the opposite.

So you are saying he is, or was popular? Ok, then let's have a look at the Proportional votes of the 2007 election by comparing the valid votes of all adult citizens who were eligible to participate.

In 2007 TRT Party received 14,071,799 of the Proportional votes, and the Dems received 14,084,265 of the Proportional votes.

Can we say that in 2007 Abhisit was more popular than Thaksin (Samak)?

Luckily, now the Proportional votes are becoming more important then that they were in 2005. In 2005 it was all about the Constituency votes.

Or let's look at it this way. From all the 38,981,412 Thai People that were eligible to vote in 2007, TRT Party received 14,071,799 votes.

Why the huge decline in votes in 2007 from the landslide wins in 2001 and 2005? Because people were fed up with over-the-top corruption and started voting for the Dems.

I believe that today his propaganda machine is trying to make him very popular again by portraying him as the "warrior for justice". Our own Super Hero. And it might work.

Remember, the best way to confuse (and then brain-wash) people, is by making them believe the exact opposite.

Abhisit has been harping on reconciliation and now why this provocation..and to explain why 90+ civilians were slaughtered.. :bah:

Simply because of lies like the one above 90+ civilians were not slaughtered.

Well, Abhisit want to appeal the undecided voters and not those who already made their choice.

And i don't think the blame game is the best strategy. It puts people off.

"It puts people off"

Yes it does, it puts undecided-voters, and the polls suggest there are still a lot of those, off voting for the PTP/Red-leader party. :o

I suspect that the gloves will come off over the final two weeks of the election-campaign, this may not be pretty or help reconciliation, but the Democrats need to remind the voters just what the UDD/PTP has been doing, since the PPP lost power. I'd love to see Ms Yingluck trying to defend her running-mates, especially in a debate alongside PM-Abhisit, but doubt her minders will permit this.

Better to keep harking-back to the good old days, of a booming world-economy a decade ago, and pushing the magical family-name. She's so 'amazingly fresh and hot', it might distract people from remembering the calls to burn Bangkok down, and looking at who else they're voting for on her 'slate' ! B)

Correct! The glovers have to come off over the final two weeks. Thaksin's propaganda machine is running too fast. It is doing exactly what it is sopposed to be doing; turning Thaskin en the reds from aggressors into victims.

You have to admit that the guy is good.

I would say he is good but he surely is brazen and not lacking in chutzpah.

Okay the OP has a hint:

You may try to intimidate others, but I don't need to check the law when retelling events I've witnessed personally. What a dark nation you would choose to live in.

Abhisit has been harping on reconciliation and now why this provocation..and to explain why 90+ civilians were slaughtered.. :bah:

Simply because of lies like the one above 90+ civilians were not slaughtered.

ok you going to settle for 70, 71, 82? Try and get a grip. 1 human being is 1 too many. You are in denial.

In 2007 TRT Party received 14,071,799 of the Proportional votes, and the Dems received 14,084,265 of the Proportional votes.

Polls in Thailand I don't trust and they also mean nothing. Especially with up to 44% of people that are still undecided.

Why shouldnt the Democratic Party hold a rally at such a venue. If the UDD Thug brigade say its provocation it only goes to show they no nothing about democracy( simple fact ) . A nasty evil bunch of villians in Thailand . When I was close to them at Rajadamri on their sorties in Bangkok since last year it was so tempting to tell them to their face , but such are these low life it would have been endangering my personal safety.

And why shouldn't opposition parties stage counter rallies which is quite normal in democracies.

These low life as you call them welcomed me when they held their demos and were on the whole remarkably peacefull.

They certainly didn't instigate the violence and the fact that they accounted for nearly all the victim of violence says it all. Despite a huge surge surge in censorship by the Democrats since then they have been unable to hide the truth and Thais will show their disgust at the elections which is the right way to do it. The army may again order other parties to join the democrats in usurping the will of the people so lets hope they get an overall majority.

You might want to take a look at Thai electoral law. Organized interference with political campaigning will see the offending party banned.

Your propaganda doesn't match reality as the reds escalated the violence every time. They had a goal. Get the current government out before October1 2010, when the next head of the army was chosen. They (as they saw it) had to get red blood (rhetoric intended) to flow on the streets, thinking that like every time in the past; when the military confronted civilians the government fell almost immediately (check Thai history). It failed this time because the people of Thailand didn't see the reds as civilians, they saw them as an armed insurgency (which they were) and a paid mob (which they were) attempting to provoke the government into violence. They almost accomplished that, but by them escalating the violence at every stage it failed.

I don't follow the polls. Since you refer to them often, why don't you post them.

Why shouldnt the Democratic Party hold a rally at such a venue. If the UDD Thug brigade say its provocation it only goes to show they no nothing about democracy( simple fact ) . A nasty evil bunch of villians in Thailand . When I was close to them at Rajadamri on their sorties in Bangkok since last year it was so tempting to tell them to their face , but such are these low life it would have been endangering my personal safety.

And why shouldn't opposition parties stage counter rallies which is quite normal in democracies.

These low life as you call them welcomed me when they held their demos and were on the whole remarkably peacefull.

They certainly didn't instigate the violence and the fact that they accounted for nearly all the victim of violence says it all. Despite a huge surge surge in censorship by the Democrats since then they have been unable to hide the truth and Thais will show their disgust at the elections which is the right way to do it. The army may again order other parties to join the democrats in usurping the will of the people so lets hope they get an overall majority.

You might want to take a look at Thai electoral law. Organized interference with political campaigning will see the offending party banned.

Your propaganda doesn't match reality as the reds escalated the violence every time. They had a goal. Get the current government out before October1 2010, when the next head of the army was chosen. They (as they saw it) had to get red blood (rhetoric intended) to flow on the streets, thinking that like every time in the past; when the military confronted civilians the government fell almost immediately (check Thai history). It failed this time because the people of Thailand didn't see the reds as civilians, they saw them as an armed insurgency (which they were) and a paid mob (which they were) attempting to provoke the government into violence. They almost accomplished that, but by them escalating the violence at every stage it failed.

Exactly!!

The 90+ figure also includes a number of members of the RTA, who presumably committed suicide in your book. With the possible exception of the soldier videoed being shot to death after he surrendered to the "peaceful protesters" rather than drive his truck over them.

Opinion is fine, facts are fine, deliberate lies are against the rules.

This is the video you are referring to.

There's really no need for reconcilliation. If the Reds stand for anything other than Thaksin and his largess, they should abandon him and form a new movement seeking whatever it was that Thaksin gave them (other than the cost of their votes) and return to civilised norms. The criminal element are thus marginalised and for everyone else, it's win-win. There's no reason to negotiate with them except to demand their disbandment.

So you are saying he is, or was popular? Ok, then let's have a look at the Proportional votes of the 2007 election by comparing the valid votes of all adult citizens who were eligible to participate.

Can we say that in 2007 Abhisit was more popular than Thaksin (Samak)?

Luckily, now the Proportional votes are becoming more important then that they were in 2005. In 2005 it was all about the Constituency votes.

Or let's look at it this way. From all the 38,981,412 Thai People that were eligible to vote in 2007, TRT Party received 14,071,799 votes.

Why the huge decline in votes in 2007 from the landslide wins in 2001 and 2005? Because people were fed up with over-the-top corruption and started voting for the Dems.

I believe that today his propaganda machine is trying to make him very popular again by portraying him as the "warrior for justice". Our own Super Hero. And it might work.

Remember, the best way to confuse (and then brain-wash) people, is by making them believe the exact opposite.

PPP won 199 of possible 400 seats in the constituencies. they won 34 seats of possible 80 seats in the proportional voting.

And that after the gerrymandering of the constituencies and the voting system by the military.

This election will have different constituencies again.

For the proportional vote there isn't any Samak anymore, but Yingluck and she is very popular according to the polls.

The promising new comer - 'lets give it a try' - bonus for Abhisit in 2007 don't exist anymore and people have seen how is under the Dems. Check the latest polls how convincing it was.

I find it strange that we've had 3 pages of this thread and no one has yet complained - as they did when the red shirt movement held rallies there - about the total lack of consideration given to the ordinary people who work in or use the Ratchprasong area to commute through on a daily basis, and the disruption and loss this event will doubtless bring them.

Did I miss the thread dedicated to the Dems' traffic-easing contingency plans and compensation scheme for time or money lost due to this event?

Or does everyone automatically think that the number of people in attendance is hardly going to raise such concerns?

Just seems strange, that's all. ;)

Let's wait for the reaction from the shop owners and traders there first. However perhaps no trade will be "lost" as they'll be too busy participating ;)

The 90+ figure also includes a number of members of the RTA, who presumably committed suicide in your book. With the possible exception of the soldier videoed being shot to death after he surrendered to the "peaceful protesters" rather than drive his truck over them.

Opinion is fine, facts are fine, deliberate lies are against the rules.

This is the video you are referring to.

There's really no need for reconcilliation. If the Reds stand for anything other than Thaksin and his largess, they should abandon him and form a new movement seeking whatever it was that Thaksin gave them (other than the cost of their votes) and return to civilised norms. The criminal element are thus marginalised and for everyone else, it's win-win. There's no reason to negotiate with them except to demand their disbandment.

There is something drastically wrong with this video and not speaking from a political party but as an ex-paramedic. Something is not right, if anyone can show me the camera from a different angle then please do so

thats besto ne ive heard to date no one except Taksin and reds cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif even as a total red hater i had to laugh at that one. Well done for best joke of year cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Remember, last election PPP won 48.5% of the seats in the parliament. With Samak!

Now PT has Yingluck and even putsch general Sonthi doesn't have any hard feelings.

Didn't the Democrats get more Proportional-votes than PPP, in the December-2007 election ?

So it's surely slightly-misleading to say only "last election PPP won 48.5% of the seats", without mentioning the proportional-vote which they lost, for balance.

Perhaps Ms-Yingluck's smile will overcome PTP's many other problems, so long as she isn't exposed to a debate, with the other party-leaders.

But the Democrats have every right to remind the voters of exactly what many of her fellow MP-candidates said or did a year ago. B)

Okay the OP has a hint:

You may try to intimidate others, but I don't need to check the law when retelling events I've witnessed personally. What a dark nation you would choose to live in.

I don't try to intimidate anyone, but if you read the OP you will see that Suthep isn't that sure about what would be allowed and what not.

The relevant law is called: Organic Act on the Election of Members of the House of Representatives and the Installation of Senators, B.E. 2550.

The relevant section would be section 53.