Beach Sand Needed

HI,

Im looking for a resource or contact who can supply beach sand. To be used on a private property. Would need probably 4 to 5 large lorry loads.

Location Koh Phangan.

Any resources or advise would be grateful.

Thanks

Edited by ibizastorm

I am not sure where you will find beach sand, that they will let you take it away, (technically any beach areas, belongs to His Majesty the King,) but it's also going to contain salt, which will not be good for plants.... also not good for making concrete, just so you know,

I know some of the Nursery and landscape companies get there sand from stream / river beds.. so you might want to ask some of them... but more likely to be pick up truck loads, than lorry loads, unless they can get an excavator in to where it is coming from... but I have watched them get it by the scoop load, so as not to get too many rocks etc in the sand....

Hope that helps!

Even if you could find a beach with some spare sand (it's all disappearing from KPG), nowadays you're more likely to get a truckload of rubbish (glass/plastic/asbestos) mixed with it.

Even if you could find a beach with spare sand I am pretty sure its illegal, despite what others may do. Additionally its damaging to what little of the environment remains.

Agree with SBK there...

Going back two or three years now, there used to be a large truck / lorry .... on the centre road (from Tesco) just past the Temple (forget name) about 1/3 the way up that road to Chalaoklum .. With "Dirt Devil" or some thing like that... written on the side... not seen it in recent visits,.... anyone know if they are still around?

I assumed they were selling mixed coconut fiber and some sort of soil..? .... .Which is better than burning the husks... I know someone looking for bulk "soil" ....

Phone number or new location would be of help if anyone knows!;) PM me... !

Agree with SBK there...

Going back two or three years now, there used to be a large truck / lorry .... on the centre road (from Tesco) just past the Temple (forget name) about 1/3 the way up that road to Chalaoklum .. With "Dirt Devil" or some thing like that... written on the side... not seen it in recent visits,.... anyone know if they are still around?

I assumed they were selling mixed coconut fiber and some sort of soil..? .... .Which is better than burning the husks... I know someone looking for bulk "soil" ....

This must be coming for the sand land quarry -off Hing Kong- belonging to my previous landlord.

It's easy to find him, if you go to Hing Kong, just ask for the Puyai Baan: it's him! B)

P.S.: PM sent...

this is the most rediculas post i have ever seen. Like asking where u can buy sea water from. Use your loaf.

it is not as though the sand in the beach has serial umbers on it. If so i had better wash allthe sand off my body when i leave the beach next time or i might get nicked for nicking sand lol

Edited by BigC

Even if you could find a beach with spare sand I am pretty sure its illegal, despite what others may do. Additionally its damaging to what little of the environment remains.

u can buy white sand nice and fine by the lorry. if u want i could find out. or u could ask a building contractor

this is the most rediculas post i have ever seen. Like asking where u can buy sea water from. Use your loaf.

it is not as though the sand in the beach has serial umbers on it. If so i had better wash allthe sand off my body when i leave the beach next time or i might get nicked for nicking sand lol

Sure, use beach sand, and if its for construction the salt in the sand will perish the cement. Additionally, it will contribute to erosion and destruction of the very thing people come to the islands for in the first place. But hey, its free and I want it so it must be ok, right?

That's my point. For starters it is not use full for much. So it is pointless even buying it. If someone does have a use for it. Then well there is allot of it about and if only 1 person takes some then it probably won't effect the envorment.

There is not much dmande for it for commersial use.

Maybe someone wants to simulate a beach in their garden.

If so then white sand is nice and fine.

i just cannot understand why people who are lost at sea dehydrate through lack of water are they not blinde. it is every where.

i have a glass of it right here...........errrrrr.... DOH !!!!!

As has been said beach sand is not much use for anything and there's lots of it about so why not just go to you local seafront bungalows or restaurant and have a chat with the owner.

I'm sure after buying the owner a few drinks he will have no objection to you hauling away a few truck loads of sand

:whistling:

The beach at Coral Springs, in Jamaica's northern parish of Trelawny, was 400 metres of white sand. The bulk of the sand in the 0.5-hectare beach, of approximately 500 truckloads, was found missing in July 2008.

stolen-beach-201008c.jpg

As has been said beach sand is not much use for anything and there's lots of it about so why not just go to you local seafront bungalows or restaurant and have a chat with the owner.

I'm sure after buying the owner a few drinks he will have no objection to you hauling away a few truck loads of sand

:whistling:

When I was a kid we used to go out collecting crabs along the shingle beach in Scotland. Even at high tide the water never breached the sea wall.

Around 15 years ago people started arriving with bags which they would fill up with the beautiful shiny stones which we took for granted as being part of the scenery.

Now we have year round beach patrols and signs warning of fines for the theft of our beach. Its not the simple taking of the stones which bothers us so much as the beach erosion which has led to the tide rising much further and causing damage to surrounding houses and land.

I'm sure you OP...and all like you mean no harm but collectively this behaviour damages the environment. Get yourself a water feature instead.....no wait....!

Agree with SBK there...

This must be coming for the sand land quarry -off Hing Kong- belonging to my previous landlord.

It's easy to find him, if you go to Hing Kong, just ask for the Puyai Baan: it's him! B)

P.S.: PM sent...

Thanks Lazy gourmet, we checked this guy out, he's no longer in the "dirt business"..... no one seems to be on KP.... except for buying large bags of coconut fibre..... or small bags of soil... which is mostly coconut fibre any way....

For the OP... and to get back on topic!

As for sand,.... & NOT beach sand .... there are several places one can get good quality builders sand, I suspect it comes from the same quarry in Hing Kong.... but we used the hardware store, in the middle if the island...as quarry closed on Sunday! (middle road from Tesco) 300 baht for 1/2 pickup load delivered, I'm sure buying direct or larger quantity ..... it would be less per meter.... so perhaps worth checking out, and save the beautiful beaches on KP or anywhere for that matter!!!! ;)

Thanks Lazy gourmet, we checked this guy out, he's no longer in the "dirt business"..... no one seems to be on KP.... except for buying large bags of coconut fibre..... or small bags of soil... which is mostly coconut fibre any way....

It doesn't surprise me...

That land being Por Bor Tor 5, which forbid any kind of deep excavation