Kfc

dick turpin

No I like when I realize stubborn people will die fast, there is not enough space for everyone in your system anyway. It's a good thing. Keep stuffing your face !jap.gif

How could that possibly be viewed as a reasonable reply to me?! Where have I advocated eating fast food? How am I stubborn? What system are you talking about that is mine? Why do you assume I "stuff my face"? I've already stated quite clearly I am not a big consumer of fast food and readily conceded that it fattening. Here's what happened:

1) You blamed fast food restaurants for Thai obesity.

2) I pointed out Thais choose to eat fast food. They are not forced.

3) You tried to claim they essentially have no choice.

Everything else is me supporting my contention with fact and logic and you making stuff up -- in a sarcastic and disparaging fashion -- to try and support yours. (You even go so far as to suggest that I will die fast and "that is a good thing" -- quite an ugly thing to say.)

Edited by SteeleJoe

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to KFC Burger King and Mc Donald, Thai are getting fatter everyday.

Yes, the way they force the Thais to eat their food is awful, isn't it?

and yet i haven't once had a Thai woman ask me the question, does my bum look big in this ?

even the MIL and she is 78 ! laugh.gif

Thanks to KFC Burger King and Mc Donald, Thai are getting fatter everyday.

Yes, the way they force the Thais to eat their food is awful, isn't it?

and yet i haven't once had a Thai woman ask me the question, does my bum look big in this ?

even the MIL and she is 78 ! laugh.gif

I confess I have had that question here (though very few times in the last 3 decades): the upside is that I was always able to answer honestly, "No, it doesn't. It looks quite nice as a matter of fact."

No I like when I realize stubborn people will die fast, there is not enough space for everyone in your system anyway. It's a good thing. Keep stuffing your face !jap.gif

How could that possibly be viewed as a reasonable reply to me?! Where have I advocated eating fast food? How am I stubborn? What system are you talking about that is mine? Why do you assume I "stuff my face"? I've already stated quite clearly I am not a big consumer of fast food and readily conceded that it fattening. Here's what happened:

1) You blamed fast food restaurants for Thai obesity.

2) I pointed out Thais choose to eat fast food. They are not forced.

3) You tried to claim they essentially have no choice.

Everything else is me supporting my contention with fact and logic and you making stuff up -- in a sarcastic and disparaging fashion -- to try and support yours.

Yes greasy transfat sweetened and favour enhanced industrial foods are good for you.

Your wife and yourself manage to only go to KFC 12 times in your life, that prove they are not addictive.

These are hard facts

I can see we have a very good base for real discussion here

You really are quite dishonest, aren't you? Not to mention completely incapable or unwilling to engage in honest debate.

Yes greasy transfat sweetened and favour enhanced industrial foods are good for you.

Your wife and yourself manage to only go to KFC 12 times in your life, that prove they are not addictive.

These are hard facts

Never said any of that.

You have again not addressed what I actually said and rather and stuff up and then dismissed it. Why bother?

Honestly, as I said I can't be bothered, you guys are are all big enough to know what you are putting in your mouth.

If you don't want to give any credit to any of the dozen of studies showing the relation between transfat flavour enhanced food with obesity, heart disease and so on, I am not going to argue with you.

You really are quite dishonest, aren't you? Not to mention completely incapable or unwilling to engage in honest debate.

These are hard facts

Never said any of that.

You have again not addressed what I actually said and rather and stuff up and then dismissed it. Why bother?

Honestly, as I said I can't be bothered, you guys are are all big enough to know what you are putting in your mouth.

If you don't want to give any credit to any of the dozen of studies showing the relation between transfat flavour enhanced food with obesity, heart disease and so on, I am not going to argue with you.

These are hard facts

Never said any of that.

Have you considered that a lot if not most of the posters on Thai Visa drink, smoke, have high risk sex and ride motorcycles in Thailand in the rain?

A lot of them work or have worked in combat zones or dangerous offshore oil rigs or deep mines?

A large percent date women who would not hesitate to go after them with a knife?

Do you really think they lose much sleep worrying about eating at KFC?

Have you considered that a lot if not most of the posters on Thai Visa drink, smoke, have high risk sex and ride motorcycles in Thailand in the rain?

A lot of them work or have worked in combat zones or dangerous offshore oil rigs or deep mines?

A large percent date women who would not hesitate to go after them with a knife?

You pinned it. I sometimes forget to whom I am addressing to.

I was naively thinking they would think as themselves deserving to eat good quality food just not to ad more danger /crap into their lives, and also because it is on the very best place in the world to be eating healthy ... But who I am to tell anyone what they should eat ?

19 Bahts the egg tart? Wow bargain ! go for it !

Edited by aneliane

What you forget that when you go in a macshit place is that you spend more on a crappy meal than a Thai person gets paid in one day, It puts it in prospective does it not ,

does it?

would you care to explain how all those Thais eating in those "macshit" places manage to scrape together the price of a meal then? i haven't walked into an empty fast food restaurant yet.

And what exactly does it put into "prospective"?

I am interested in learning about this "Thai person" you describe. Are they male or female, urban or rural educated and to what degree to what degree? do you converse with them to discover their income or do the tell you outright?

and why would forgetting this dubious factoid of yours put anything at all into perspective? one would think the perspective would come in remembering.

Yes sorry to have spoilt your MSG transfat party... No they don't get you fat or hooked up, they are very good for you! Keep gobbling them !

Everything in moderation. At least people who eat them don't usually go around boring everyone else with how much better their choice of food is. :whistling:

As I said I apology for having trying to chipped KFC golden altar.

Long live MSG and transfat !

I was naively thinking they would think as themselves deserving to eat good quality food just not to ad more danger /crap into their lives, and also because it is on the very best place in the world to be eating healthy ... But who I am to tell anyone what they should eat ?

I think it is one of the big reasons they leave California to come here. No one is here to save them from themselves.

A lot of guys are tired of the nanny state idea even though it makes sense. Every guy I know in Thailand has had a motorcycle accident, some very serious. I ride a motorcycle every day. I kiss strangers and walk in slums after midnight. It is why I came here. My sainted mother died and my wife divorced me. No one has told me what to do for 6 years. I can see where you are coming from. I was married to a Western woman for 18 years.

would you care to explain how all those Thais eating in those "macshit" places manage to scrape together the price of a meal then?

Apparently, there aren't any fast food restaurants outside "Sin city" or tourists areas and real Thai people don't live there. Ergo those people we see in the fast food restaurants aren't actually Thai and thus they can afford to eat there...or something.

Hope you have better luck getting answers from him than I did. (I'm especially curious to know if the fact that many Thais can not afford to eat in these places means no one else should -- which seemed to be implied)

I think it is one of the big reasons they leave California to come here. No one is here to save them from themselves.

A lot of guys are tired of the nanny state idea even though it makes sense. Every guy I know in Thailand has had a motorcycle accident, some very serious. I ride a motorcycle every day. I kiss strangers and walk in slums after midnight. It is why I came here. My sainted mother died and my wife divorced me. No one has told me what to do for 6 years. I can see where you are coming from. I was married to a Western woman for 18 years.

Oh I see... So this is "little boys who can do what they like without their mummy's land", only they just old and think they're little boys lol

I do now understand better the answer I am getting here ... Well you live and learn ...

Oh I see... So this is "little boys who can do what they like without their mummy's land", only they just old and think they're little boys lol

I do now understand better the answer I am getting here ... Well you live and learn ...

Actually that is about right. Men don't grow up their toys just get more expensive. The only problem is by the time they finally found a good tree (Thailand) their axe is dull.

These are hard facts

Never said any of that.

Kerry, there have been times in my life when i was quite possibly addicted to 2 out of the 4 vices mentioned in your first sentance.

Suffice to say, i have also been addicted to many other things you DID'NT mention....YET in all seriousness i can say I HAVE NEVER been addicted to KFC, or any other such "chew and spew" style, supposedly MSG-laden, restaurant food..

After reading this thread though,i can quite clearly see where i am going wrong and what i must now do.

In taking my next bargirl home i will be sure to season her with copious amounts of this dreaded MSG..

It will either cure me of my addiction to bargirls OR make her taste a helluva lot better!

Oh grilled chicken ! ? Is this why you considered KFC healthy ?

Fresh Chicken Marinated With Salt, Sodium Phosphate, and Monosodium Glutamate. Seasoned With: Maltodextrin, Salt, Bleached Wheat Flour, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean and Cottonseed Oil, Monosodium Glutamate, Spice, Palm Oil, Natural Flavor, Garlic Powder, Soy Sauce (Soybean, Wheat, Salt), Chicken Fat, Chicken Broth, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Extractives of Turmeric, Dehydrated Carrot, Onion Powder, and Not More Than 2% Each of Calcium Silicate and Silicon Dioxide Added As Anticaking Agents.http://naturalbias.com/kfc-grilled-chicken-unthink-your-health/

Fresh Chicken Marinated With Salt, Sodium Phosphate, and Monosodium Glutamate. Seasoned With: Maltodextrin, Salt, Bleached Wheat Flour, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean and Cottonseed Oil, Monosodium Glutamate, Spice, Palm Oil, Natural Flavor, Garlic Powder, Soy Sauce (Soybean, Wheat, Salt), Chicken Fat, Chicken Broth, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Extractives of Turmeric, Dehydrated Carrot, Onion Powder, and Not More Than 2% Each of Calcium Silicate and Silicon Dioxide Added As Anticaking Agents.http://naturalbias.c...nk-your-health/

My stomach is growling.

Fresh Chicken Marinated With Salt, Sodium Phosphate, and Monosodium Glutamate. Seasoned With: Maltodextrin, Salt, Bleached Wheat Flour, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean and Cottonseed Oil, Monosodium Glutamate, Spice, Palm Oil, Natural Flavor, Garlic Powder, Soy Sauce (Soybean, Wheat, Salt), Chicken Fat, Chicken Broth, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Extractives of Turmeric, Dehydrated Carrot, Onion Powder, and Not More Than 2% Each of Calcium Silicate and Silicon Dioxide Added As Anticaking Agents.http://naturalbias.com/kfc-grilled-chicken-unthink-your-health/

I think KFC still uses them but I'm not sure. I really don't eat anything there but the tarts and ice cream.

Pressure fryers!! That's why you can't get the same taste at home frying chicken.

Frying under pressure is quicker, and can be done at a lower temp and turns out a better product than a standard open fryer.

That and the marinating. The salt plumps an otherwise skinny chicken and some kind of acid (citric or whatever) makes tender it also kills bad bacteria in the chicken.

I marinate most things I cook at home because salt and lime or lemon juice kills bacteria and makes the product tender.

You can marinate vegetables too, vinegar and olive oil are good to use. Given the proper treatment you can make anything taste like chicken. :jap:

Fresh Chicken Marinated With Salt, Sodium Phosphate, and Monosodium Glutamate. Seasoned With: Maltodextrin, Salt, Bleached Wheat Flour, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean and Cottonseed Oil, Monosodium Glutamate, Spice, Palm Oil, Natural Flavor, Garlic Powder, Soy Sauce (Soybean, Wheat, Salt), Chicken Fat, Chicken Broth, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Extractives of Turmeric, Dehydrated Carrot, Onion Powder, and Not More Than 2% Each of Calcium Silicate and Silicon Dioxide Added As Anticaking Agents.http://naturalbias.c...nk-your-health/

I think KFC still uses them but I'm not sure. I really don't eat anything there but the tarts and ice cream.

Pressure fryers!! That's why you can't get the same taste at home frying chicken.

Frying under pressure is quicker, and can be done at a lower temp and turns out a better product than a standard open fryer.

That and the marinating. The salt plumps an otherwise skinny chicken and some kind of acid (citric or whatever) makes tender it also kills bad bacteria in the chicken.

I marinate most things I cook at home because salt and lime or lemon juice kills bacteria and makes the product tender.

You can marinate vegetables too, vinegar and olive oil are good to use. Given the proper treatment you can make anything taste like chicken. :jap:

Well, sure, in theory that all makes sense. But then you actually try a piece of KFC chicken and.. It's just not very tasty stuff is it, compared to other fried chicken out there? (Say a good local Had Yai style fried chicken cart?)

Well, sure, in theory that all makes sense. But then you actually try a piece of KFC chicken and.. It's just not very tasty stuff is it, compared to other fried chicken out there? (Say a good local Had Yai style fried chicken cart?)

Minimum wage fast food employees can mess up anything. Although bad management is the worst offender. There are a hundred things that they can do wrong to cut corners or be lazy. Perfectly executed KFC is hard to beat but that is not what you get most times.

All the Thais say that KFC is better than Thai fried chicken. Of course, what do they know about Thai food? :whistling:

"Better" in thai means "more enhancers". This is a country where fruits are eaten green with an MSG side dip.

Last time I've check Kentucky in not in Thailand

Edited by aneliane

What you forget that when you go in a macshit place is that you spend more on a crappy meal than a Thai person gets paid in one day, It puts it in prospective does it not ,

I was at the mall eating a fish sandwich at MacDonald's watching all the Thai people across the way eating Japanese food for 400 baht per customer. I guess that puts it in perspective for me. 6 Farang in Mac's and none in the Japanese place.

The Thai people go to Starbucks. I can't afford it I drink at the little coffee place on the street with the robusta.

I use my 800 baht nokia and 12 year old Thai school kids are sporting the newest Apple phone. I drive a 10 year old Toyota and the 21 year old chick living next door is driving a BMW. Do you want me to go on or are things in perspective now?

Things we are remote from seem small and unimportant.

Does that put it in perspective?

SC

Not regretting one bit turning vegan

Thanks for sharing that once again.

Food Nazi

-noun

One who insists on dictating what others should call themselves based upon their diets. The food nazi usually is very insecure and desperately strives to belong to an "elite" group of people (usually vegeterian or vegan), causing he/she to try and exclude as many people from that group as he/she can, by resorting to lowly and immature insults.

Food nazis should be approached with care, as their unstable and volatile state of mind could cause them to burst out into violence if they are of the suspicion that the other person is better than them, which is true for 99.99% of the population.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=food%20nazi

Edited by Ulysses G.