Mosquito Fogger

DavidOxon

I can certainly understand why. It is not as if you are going to use them every minute of every day. We use swatters, coils, sprays both insect (house) and citronella(oerson), electric bats,the whole box and dice, and still get bitten. We get fogged about every 2 months and the effect lasts about a week .I would suggest going to your Tessaban ( local council) and getting the info. from them. At the moment ,it is really bad . We have had so much rain, water is lying around everywhere.As for carcinogens, I suspect there is much more floating around on a daily basis ,from Thais burning their rubbish, plastics ,tyres tubes, etc..I cannot get them to stop this horrendous practice.

• Like 1

David,

Do you seriously want a fogger and the carcinogens that go in them?

Why not use a swatter. A lot better for your health.

Good plan.... come and help me then, just under a rai to go round with a swatter!

I tried to do some gardening yesterday morning and got at least a million bites!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

David

If you just want some more areas sprayed or more times, maybe it'll be more cost efficient to grease a palm or two. I know some store owners in town that get the guys to come in the back and spray. I sure you can talk(pay) them into coming more often as well.

Find the guy that does it for your village, save yourself the poison treatment of using the blower. They costs about 8,000 baht and break down often. We get our two rai done twice a year or as wanted for 100 baht each treatment.

The Guy from the Tessabhan walks down the street about once a week fogging the drains. House keeper calls him over when she hears his machine and he does around the house and garden too, he seems quite happy and no money changes hands (I stay out of it).

just saw some guys doing this around by where I live today. Never seen them before and wondered what Ghostbusters were doing near my house lol. Once they explained I got them to go all the way around for a small tip and some water each.

Will be interesting to see what the results of this chemical warfare are.

just saw some guys doing this around by where I live today. Never seen them before and wondered what Ghostbusters were doing near my house lol. Once they explained I got them to go all the way around for a small tip and some water each.

Will be interesting to see what the results of this chemical warfare are.

It will help for about 2 days. Then it's back to normal. :D

• 1 year later...

I lived in the Caribbean for many years and used a small fogger for years it worked great and Im talking about clouds of Mosquitos sometimes chasing me down the beach but this thing did really well and lasted about week during the worst time I would like to get another her anyone know if they have them here its only about 2.500 baht from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HMA7OK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000HMA7OK&linkCode=as2&tag=facdirjewclu-20">Burgess 1443 40-Ounce Outdoor Propane Insect Fogger</a>

• 9 months later...

The fogging can be more effective if done on a schedule. We pretty much eradicated the mosquitoes at a resort we had.

Basically what I learned about fogging:

1: it only kills the adults

2: mosquitoes don't travel far in their life.

So the two main mosquitoes that we targeted were the Tiger (Dengue) and the Anopheles (Malaria) both hatch from 5 to 14 days after the egg is laid.

How we approached it was for the first 3 weeks I had the guys fog the place every 3 days, after that we cut back to weekly and after a couple months to bi-weekly.

So what my plan had been is the first shot, kill all the adults, however some of them would have already laid eggs which would hatch from 1 - 14 days from the time of the first fogging. So we just kept nailing them every 3 days to try and get all the new hatches before they laid eggs.

We rarely ever saw a mosquito after that. It was a very large property, about 50 rai or so, which in our case is better since if you are fogging yours and your neighbors are not, well they can just fly over from next door.

I am not sure where purchasing got the chemicals for the fogger but it was cheap, something like 2,000 baht for a couple liters, which was enough for 3 or 4 shots on the 50 rai and I told them not to be thrifty.

Easy way is Rent-O-Kill does fogging, give them a call and tell them what you want..... I know they usually try to sign you up for a termite and cockroach contract, which I have and am happy with, but I am sure they will just declare war on just your mossies if you ask them to.

Edit: To add to this, make sure you get rid of any standing water on your property or put fish in any ponds. The little guppy things seem to live just fine in the birdbath without pumps and whatnot and will eat the larva if in the water.

Edited by wade72
  • Like 1

Get the guys, that have the equipment, and who do the village and get them to do it. Even then its only a stop gap measure.Avoid early morning and dusk and wear shoes,long pants and a long sleeve shirt

I would move long before I condemned myself to having to dress that way all my life.

I lived in the Caribbean for many years and used a small fogger for years it worked great and Im talking about clouds of Mosquitos sometimes chasing me down the beach but this thing did really well and lasted about week during the worst time I would like to get another her anyone know if they have them here its only about 2.500 baht from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HMA7OK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000HMA7OK&linkCode=as2&tag=facdirjewclu-20">Burgess 1443 40-Ounce Outdoor Propane Insect Fogger</a>

If it is Only about 2,500 baht from Amazon get one from Amazon. You know you will have a better chance at getting a reliable one.

The fogging can be more effective if done on a schedule. We pretty much eradicated the mosquitoes at a resort we had.

Basically what I learned about fogging:

1: it only kills the adults

2: mosquitoes don't travel far in their life.

So the two main mosquitoes that we targeted were the Tiger (Dengue) and the Anopheles (Malaria) both hatch from 5 to 14 days after the egg is laid.

How we approached it was for the first 3 weeks I had the guys fog the place every 3 days, after that we cut back to weekly and after a couple months to bi-weekly.

So what my plan had been is the first shot, kill all the adults, however some of them would have already laid eggs which would hatch from 1 - 14 days from the time of the first fogging. So we just kept nailing them every 3 days to try and get all the new hatches before they laid eggs.

We rarely ever saw a mosquito after that. It was a very large property, about 50 rai or so, which in our case is better since if you are fogging yours and your neighbors are not, well they can just fly over from next door.

I am not sure where purchasing got the chemicals for the fogger but it was cheap, something like 2,000 baht for a couple liters, which was enough for 3 or 4 shots on the 50 rai and I told them not to be thrifty.

Easy way is Rent-O-Kill does fogging, give them a call and tell them what you want..... I know they usually try to sign you up for a termite and cockroach contract, which I have and am happy with, but I am sure they will just declare war on just your mossies if you ask them to.

Edit: To add to this, make sure you get rid of any standing water on your property or put fish in any ponds. The little guppy things seem to live just fine in the birdbath without pumps and whatnot and will eat the larva if in the water.

Very informative. Rent-o-Kill in Chiang Mai? Do you have a website, phone number, or address? Thanks!