Day Trip Sunday June 26

arnoldjr

Hey Guys,

Was looking at taking a day trip to Khao Yai this Sunday rain or shine. Anybody interested? My regular riding buddy just sold his bike and I don't wanna give up my Sunday rides. Never been there and was hoping someone, or a few people who have been there before would be up for a quick blast out there early morning maybe 6 or 7am leaving from Bangkok.

Take Ramkhamhaeng out till the 3 way intersection then hang a right and the first left go all the way till the 3 way intersect and hang a left then at the first light hang a right.,, khao yai's one of my favorite rides! take the road that goes around khao yai, wang nam keo or something like that, awesome views.

what ya riding?

Take Ramkhamhaeng out till the 3 way intersection then hang a right and the first left go all the way till the 3 way intersect and hang a left then at the first light hang a right.,, khao yai's one of my favorite rides! take the road that goes around khao yai, wang nam keo or something like that, awesome views.

what ya riding?

Not quite sure where u mean. What # highway would that be that takes you there? I am actually thinking about going out Phahon Yothin Road all the way to Highway #2 aka Mithraprop Road. Seems like the most direct route I have seen. Any thoughts on that route. Will be making the trip on a 2011 Ninja 650r. Its been great to me so far.

This is a fantastic one day loop from Bangkok to Khao Yai and Wang Nam Khieo:

WangNamKhieoLoopMap.jpg

Just remember, sometimes the National Park can be a bit wild! ;)

110309Ride7Sm.jpg

Normally it take about 45 minutes to drive through the park. Yesterday it took well over an hour on account of all of the trees that had been blown down and the litter on the road. Pretty impressed how quickly they were able to re-open the road.

110309Ride6Sm.jpg

Some of the trees were HUGE! and many were still blocking the road forcing us to go around on the soft shoulder which was 'interesting' :D

I should have taken more pictures, but we wanted to get back to Bangkok before dark! Here's a good one-

110309Ride8Sm.jpg

Some video from a different ride through Khao Yai-

Ride On!

Tony

what ya riding?

Not quite sure where u mean. What # highway would that be that takes you there? I am actually thinking about going out Phahon Yothin Road all the way to Highway #2 aka Mithraprop Road. Seems like the most direct route I have seen. Any thoughts on that route. Will be making the trip on a 2011 Ninja 650r. Its been great to me so far.

The most direct route isnt always the best because of the traffic, take the route we recommend you'll love it and will be able to see greenery much quicker. The ride 'to' khao yai is good enough alone for the route we recommend, almost no traffic at all and trees for almost the entire route.

what ya riding?

Yeah... that's a rather miserable way to go... Good luck! T

what ya riding?

Yeah... that's a rather miserable way to go... Good luck! T

Ok I'm convinced. Did a bit more research and the route you suggested looks like the way to go for a one day loop. Thanks for the info.

-Joe