Just Got Non-imm 'o' Visa

It seems clear to me that OP was asked to provide for a reason for the visa  and would probably not have received it without the large bank account.  And that the Embassy accepted his bank account as the justification to issue the visa.  Good luck for him and if it is to be a general practice may help those with funds but not the age.  My second guess would be that over 400 or 800k would be the break point if indeed this becomes general policy.  Anyone else up to try?

Well, as I said earlier, I was NOT asked to provide any reason.

However, viewed from another angle, what you said could nevertheless be seen as correct, if you consider that the bank information I was asked to provide was in fact THE reason!

And if you are still looking for a reason why I obtained the visa (although I am sure we've all observed people doing things from time to time without any reason...), then I would agree, THIS must have been the reason. Why? Simply because I can't see any other one! Other than this and the basic info required in the appl. form, there is no other information at all I provided them.

One detail however, not sure it has any importance: on the application form, I filled the 'Permanent address of residence' field with my address in Thailand.

Au contraire Lopburi.

In post No 11 Morbius states:

"As for the reason for requesting a non-imm O multiple entry, I did not give any (I was not asked to)".

Sure it was the money wot done it for him and good luck to him.

Well said! It might be due to luck, but perhaps also to some thoughtful preparation. Before applying, I had asked myself how much I should show in my bank account in case I would be asked. I imagine that this is what Lopburi called "breakpoint". After doing some research (and the excellent ThaiVisa website helped me a lot in that!), I found that, for certain visas and, depending on the case, there was a requirement to show at least 200K or 800K baht. So I decided to play it safe, and I transferred about 1M. So, what is the real breakpoint, and could I have shown less? I do not know...

Thai consulate in Antwerp and Thai embassy Brussels

also give Non Imm B Multiple Entry rather freely.

I dont think they contact Dr Patpong

to ask wether the beneficiaries

are entitled or not. :o

In the Thai embassies/consulates located in

countries neighbouring or close to Thailand

it has gotten more difficult to obtain them.

The funds shown played NO PART in your successful application. An error. Nothing more, nothing less You do not comply with requirements for an issue of that visa. I suspect the consular officer misread your date of birth.

A mistake, did you say? Well possible... However, in that case, it's the second time they would be making this mistake with me! In fact, I had obtained the same non-Imm 'O' visa from the same Thai embassy some 16 months ago, in the exact same circumstances. So, this was second time I got this visa.

Dr Patpong,

Quite so. I didn't state this myself because I didn't want to openly contradict Lopburi twice in the same post and I didn't want to embarrass Morbius by asking if, although he says he is under 50, he looks under 50.  :D

No need to embarrass yourself by replying Morb.

No embarassment to me at all, SALN!

And whether I look under or over 50, shall I just start a poll with this question? :D

After all, Morbius's picture is in my avatar, and everyone can see it...! :o

I received 2 x 3 month Multiple O visa in Melbourne Aust

Filled out the form and in the line that asks for reason for visit

"To write a book"

No mention of what funds I had

48 hours from go to whoa

Still cant get passed that first page , may be I need another trip to LOS