Where Do Buy Or Order Your Big Bike Spare Parts?

vel_tins

Are there any reliable Shops for spare parts, accessories?

Or even second hand parts.

Especially for bigger (imported) Bikes.

And I don't mean the "somchai motocy shop" at the next corner.. :rolleyes:

Edited by vel_tins

I'm sure Tony (BigBikeBKK) will put you on the right path for local stuff. As for me, I import all my parts from either the US, UK, Australia & Europe. I would rather declare, pay my own import duties and know exactly where I stand avoiding multiple middle-men. Customs have been very good to me with all my declarations.

I'm sure Tony (BigBikeBKK) will put you on the right path for local stuff. As for me, I import all my parts from either the US, UK, Australia & Europe. I would rather declare, pay my own import duties and know exactly where I stand avoiding multiple middle-men. Customs have been very good to me with all my declarations.

Like Garry I usually order the parts I need from abroad myself as none of the big bike shops in Thailand stock much in the way of parts for imported bikes. On occasion I've ordered OEM Suzuki parts via Red Baron who source directly from Japan and I've been pleasantly surprised that the final price is often less than if I order the same part from the US and pay shipping and duty. Other shops that can order parts for you include Dirt Shop and 59 Bike and no doubt there are plenty of others. DR Bike is a friendly place and no doubt they can order parts as well, but they specialize mostly in "cruiser" type bikes, so if that's what you ride, perhaps they are a good choice. For sport bikes I'd recommend Chicane or Red Baron.

A lot depends too on what bike you're talking about. Some imported bikes are very common, like the CB 400's SR 400's etc and finding spares in Thailand for such bikes isn't such a challenge. But if you ride something a bit more rare, then chances are you won't find much in the way of replacement parts in Thailand. I've been pleasantly surprised to discover that many Kawasaki parts are interchangeable with Suzuki so whenever I need parts for my Gixxer I first check to see if Kawasaki parts will fit as they are often available domestically, in stock, and cost a fraction of OEM Suzuki parts.

Even the Thai dealerships who sell imported bikes, such as Yamaha, Ducati, BMW and Triumph keep very little stock on hand so when replacement parts are required they usually have to order from abroad and delivery can sometimes take weeks or even months. I was a bit shocked when owners of these expensive brands have been forced to wait such a long time to get their bikes back on the road because the companies chose to ship the parts surface rather than air...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, i could source the parts you need in Singapore as in Singapore we have a wide range of

accessories for big bikes. I think i need not say what we have in Singapore but we have alot.

Do let me know and i can source it for you. I wont say i would source it for you for free but willing

to source for a token sum of commission. Do let me know what u all need. Can feel free to mail me

at [email protected] .

• 8 months later...

Hi all,

Im looking for some parts re rebuild a set of carbs for a Bandit 400. I need 4 main and 4 pilot jets, one fuel ass'y, and a gasket set, and possibly a choke cable. Any ides for someone in Saraburi? Also can you get "Pin Sol" here in Thailand, it is an amazing carb cleaner.

Thanks...

I suggest you check the pinned topic at the top of this forum. The Motorcycle Directory Project lists many shops on google maps with websites, phone numbers, and what is sold for most of the shops. What could be easier?

I use Ebay for a lot of stuff and what I can't find there, I use J&P Cycles for as I have a discount card for them. J&P are only for Harley or metric cruisers though.

Do you have problems with the Ebay sellers shipping to Thailand?

I use Ebay for a lot of stuff and what I can't find there, I use J&P Cycles for as I have a discount card for them. J&P are only for Harley or metric cruisers though.

Some will say 'ship to USA only', but most of the bigger suppliers will ship worldwide if you pay with PayPal.

Some will say 'ship to USA only', but most of the bigger suppliers will ship worldwide if you pay with PayPal.

I've purchased parts via eBay coming from the US with no dramas at all. Most of the parts I order are classed as 'Unobtanium' here in Thailand.