Al Jazeera We Tv No Sound

TrippRitter

Yep, very annoying, it's been getting progressively worse for several weeks now. This morning it was unwatchable, or rather it was watchable but you couldn't hear anything :rolleyes::realangry:

Edited by Paagai

Al Jazeera does reports on stuff (reality, for example) that makes Fox Noise viewers and nodders uncomfortable.

Uncomfortable? People who can't stand the truth? Who love the lies and distortions of the Murdoch "empire' Makes them downright apoplectic , more like it .Aljazeera gives an unrivalled realistic perspective . May if long continue to give me a more honest view of global happenings

Al Jazeera does reports on stuff (reality, for example) that makes Fox Noise viewers and nodders uncomfortable.

Uncomfortable? People who can't stand the truth? Who love the lies and distortions of the Murdoch "empire' Makes them downright apoplectic , more like it .Aljazeera gives an unrivalled realistic perspective . May if long continue to give me a more honest view of global happenings

Agreed.

Aljazeera sound cuts out 3-4 times a day here in Sansai. Sometimes for long periods of time. Very annoying.

This has also been puzzling for me TrippRitter :ermm:

in fact on 13 May I posted about this in the audiovisual and hi-fi thread on this forum

In May I felt sure it was more likely to be a problem with my LCD TV rather than the cable tv company

( even though my LCD was brand-new ).

But two or three weeks after I posted this even more strangely this problem “ spread “ to all the other WE tv channels so I naturally assumed it was my TV set so I got them to replace it. But now I notice the same problem happening again just on Al Jazeera at the moment.

Surely by now they would be aware of this at WEtv ?

But when I heard Obama and Hillary Clinton recommend it as a source of news I thought what's the catch? :blink:

And how many in that "crowd", UG? As many as the one that says 9/11 was god's punishment for tolerating gays, feminism, abortion, etc.

There are extremists everywhere - but one side has far, far, more. And they have their own network in the US.

Al Jazeera isn't for everyone,. It isn't program after program of paid actors yelling, screaming and arguing over non-sense. I have more respect for the national enquirer than I do FOX news.

I watch Al Jazeera and Fox. Fox News and even the National Enquirer have both exposed some disturbing facts about Barry’s background while the other channels are as quiet as a church mouse on this issue?

..."There are extremists everywhere - but one side has far, far, more. And they have their own network in the US."

Fox News is more centrist, with the mainstream media, along with CNN, MSNBC, and Al Jazeera in particular, all way far to the left (which is why Fox News stands out). It's really comical because Fox News leads significantly in all the ratings, which is really telling.

People who don't watch Fox News really have no idea, but they love to talk about it as though they know (quite common among the left actually). The left-wing perception is that Fox News is all about Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly. The news part of Fox News is FAR more informative than any other news media, hence it's overwhelming popularity.

Edited by venturalaw

..."There are extremists everywhere - but one side has far, far, more. And they have their own network in the US."

Fox News is more centrist, with the mainstream media, along with CNN, MSNBC, and Al Jazeera in particular, all way far to the left (which is why Fox News stands out). It's really comical because Fox News leads significantly in all the ratings, which is really telling.

People who don't watch Fox News really have no idea, but they love to talk about it as though they know (quite common among the left actually). The left-wing perception is that Fox News is all about Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly. The news part of Fox News is FAR more informative than any other news media, hence it's overwhelming popularity.

Fox news has no clue as to what centerest would be. They are way to far right to know that. Fox news has been considering adding animation to its broadcasts to improve on the entertainment value. Honest news is not for them. I like how the news casters have a book you can buy.LOL

Maybe you like it because Glen Beck is for cutting off all foreign aid with the exception of Israel. He really had me until at the end of his rant he came up with that one.

On the other hand the news on Al Jazeera news does way to many reports and not enough news. As for the Islamic issues I have no problem with that. They at least will look at both sides of the issue. During the Israelis invasion last year they had the most unbiased reporting on the subject.

Yes the audio has been bad for two days that I am aware of.

Edited by hellodolly

During the Israelis invasion last year they had the most unbiased reporting on the subject.

When the "peace" flotilla attacked Israeli soldiers last year - while trying to run the defensive blockade - Al Jazeera had a reporter on board who claimed that the Turkish mercenaries had not done anything but sit peacefully and they repeated it over and over again for the first 24 hours. When the Israeli footage of dozens of "peace" activists beating soldiers with steel pipes came out, they had to do a lot of back pedaling.

Al Jazeera is just as much a "propoganda' outlet as Fox, but a lot less polished and a lot less entertaining.

Edited by Ulysses G.

There maybe a larger issue here.That is murdochs global control of media. ,in the Western world. He dominates in U,S.A. Australia and Great Britain. Has so much power he is getting close to dictating election results and certainly already controls some political platforms. His is the only media group with this much global reach and power.In the English speaking world

Edited by afarang

I do apologize for disturbing Wrestlemania XXVII - Handbags Edition, but let me weigh in on the issue in the OP.

Al Jazeera, with sound: http://www.livestati...english-english

Or in higher quality, if you have the bandwidth: http://english.aljaz....net/watch_now/

Note that the first link also has many other news stations including BBC World, Deutsche Welle, and everyone's favorite: CSPAN!

Then when you get bored with real news, there's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.. www.thedailyshow.com , which inlcudes full episodes. Like yesterday's : http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/mon-june-20-2011-ray-nagin

(Why are we subscribing to WeTV again?? )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I suspect it's only Americans that could take Fox seriously :whistling:

As well as other educated individuals. On the other hand, those who criticize without watching - well, they will never be capable of understanding.