Uk Vist Visa Short Term- For Thai Wife

Raindancer

I have applied for and and been accepted for an appointment with VFS in BKK, having completed all the ON LINE application criteria. All seems well, but a well meaning friend has now told me that I need to have my wife tested for TB tests , two days in a row with the final result being given to me after the third day.... before I arrive at the VFS in BKK with supporting documentation as stated in my application.

Can anyone confirm that this is the case?

Many thanks

can not confirm but I know if I thought the friend was credible I would have it done any how. I presume that it is not a expensive test. I do know that it is not a requirement to go to the states.

Hope all is well and the wife has a enjoyable visit.

Good Luck

can not confirm but I know if I thought the friend was credible I would have it done any how. I presume that it is not a expensive test. I do know that it is not a requirement to go to the states.

Hope all is well and the wife has a enjoyable visit.

Good Luck

Many thanks for the info....Will go to the local hospital and have it done anyway...Would have thought that TB is done by blood tests . But am a novice at this medical level. Thank you for your reply.

Useful info here

http://www.vfs-uk-th.com/tb.aspx

requirement for TB screening is only for visits over 6 months.

Thank you so much for alleviating a concern that was beginning to bother me for such a simple visit. Great news. Could not understand why a short term visit was so rigorous and intensive according to the information from a well meaning person .

Cheers

:-)