Jetsky Scam Caugth In The Act: With Pictures

nikkoid66

I'm confused. Did'nt the TAT say they'ed investigated everything, whatever that might be, and they have confirmed there is no problem with the jet skis anywhere, everything is really great and any problems of any sort are caused by the Burmese.

:jap:

The TAT? :lol:

They have no interest in the type of experience people have once they cross into Thailand. Send them a question about a scam problem and you would be lucky to get a canned reply. Not believe? Send them a note about a problem.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do these morons keep hiring the jetskis?

Surely everyone now knows what goes on, stop hiring them and they go bust simple!!!! :annoyed:

Just because you and I know about it doesn't mean the throngs of new tourists who come to Thailand all the time have any idea about it.

Even if you did a bit of research on an upcoming holiday to Thailand it is unlikely you would come across any literature on this scam.

hardly any research needed, just google pattaya and scam on the same line

i tried in vain to warn a few first timers in pattaya about all the scams in town and all i've got is being told

i'm too negative or paranoid and that they're in holiday and want to have fun.

i don't waste my time anymore warning people, they will learn the lesson on their skin, serves them right.

Surely everyone now knows what goes on, stop hiring them and they go bust simple!!!! :annoyed:

after years of living and traveling abroad i concluded that tourists going in holiday do

all the shit they would never dare to do at home as they are vacationing and they "must" have fun

at any cost, no matter if they break a leg or get scammed, it's all fun for them, even getting badly scammed

might be part of the adventure i'm afraid...

no wonder many thais think farangs are all crazy <deleted>.

I tried to warn a couple of Aussies the other day who were about the rent the jet skis. They said they knew all about it and rented the skis anyway. I stuck around and watched them have to pay 20,000 in damages for each ski which they did not wreck, but the scammers claim they did.

You can lead a horse to water...

They should tell people to stop visiting Thailand period!

All government officials would be well ware of the scam and now and the millions of baht that it produces on a annual basis , they allow innocent tourist's to be trapped like spiders in a net all governments from visiting countries should be doing more to advise people visiting pattaya not to rent jet ski's .

The day I stop visiting Thailand (already far less than I used to) will be when the scams extend to the things that can't be avoided or where so much has to be avoided that there is no longer any point, like staying in a hotel or having a beer at an average beer bar. Until then I think its sad to see what these vile "people" are getting away with, but its still the case that if you know the score you can avoid it. Its when you know the score but you can't avoid it that the game has to be over.

If the mayor or TAT were genuine I know there are simple measures they could take. Eg, distributing a leaflet with some of the major scams to everyone that checks in to a guest house or hotel. But they aren't genuine, for whatever reasons (greed, hatred of foreigners, fear?) they will do nothing and just smile about it all behind the foreigners backs. Its also sad that I have very little respect left now for the country, its people or its culture.

You can lead a horse to water...

exactly my same experience with other scams.

so many fresh farangs think to be smartass but when they go abroad they're just a fish out of water

and get scammed as soon as they set foot off their banana boat.

no point in trying to educate them, they don't want and they think they don't need and they see you

as a paranoid negative expat bugger or just as a plain loser who can't enjoy thailand as they do.

I tried ALL THE ABOVE!

I was told WE on TV are not allowed to start any grassroot movement because it breaks forum rules.

So...We need to have a party and at the TV party maybe the subject will come up. Just maybe???

I will invite my pal the Mayor.

Who can arrange that from our TV bosses?

I was told WE on TV are not allowed to start any grassroot movement because it breaks forum rules.

So...We need to have a party and at the TV party maybe the subject will come up. Just maybe???

I will invite my pal the Mayor.

Invite the mayor? :lol: For what, to give away your game plan? Or to have his photo taken so it can be put on more ads and banners around town, because clearly there are not enough photos of him around Pattaya.

You really don't think any of this would exist without the approval of those in charge, do you? They could stop this today if they wanted to, but they don't, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand why. If the police are getting 20% of the scam money, what percent do you think is going to those above the police?

Wake up mate. Nothing is being done about this for a reason.

No they never rented the jet ski one indian guy was grabbed by the throat and shoved down the beach .

Watched an Indian get punched in the side of the head yesterday evening. Cops came, two new ones I've never seen before, Indian paid out 10,000b and the fact he was assaulted wasn't even addressed even though he was trying to tell the "police" about it. The police start to leave after the Indian pays up and as the police are walking away one of the Thai boys runs up and kicks in the Indian in the back as soon as he turns to leave. Police do nothing again.

This place is rotten and corrupt to the core. From the highest city position to the lowest beach urchin.

Tokay I agree 100 percent.

Sarcasm on my part was meant to make a point...hence my use of "my pal" the mayor.

If we all used the internet we could make a big dent but it takes full house cleaning of the BIB to stop it.

opposite the police station yesterday evening a brawl on the beach, right in front of many women and children, actually the scammers didnt come out so well, the main man got blood on his face despite all the amulates he was wearing, so off they went across to the police station, can guess the rest no doubt

Edited by rafval

because the russians, indians, and iranians are clueless about this place. i've seen them bring their families. that is just mad. you never see western europeans doing this.

educate them? that's not possible because these people are poor package tourists who can't read english.

anybody else would do a google about pattaya before they traveled there. their hopeless..

I was just told my niece is going to Thailand with 4 friends in 3 weeks. I called her to ask if she was aware of the scams or things to do whilst there.

She works on a computer all day but had done absolutely no searches of what to do or what not to do. She had no idea of any scams and didn't have a clue what to see whilst there. Her grand idea is that they'll think of something to do when they get there. The big thing for her is simply that she is going to another country.

She doesn't seem to care. I've told her father to have his bank details handy as he is sure to get a call to transfer some funds.

Some people just should not be given passports.

Edited by Wallaby

No they never rented the jet ski one indian guy was grabbed by the throat and shoved down the beach .

Watched an Indian get punched in the side of the head yesterday evening. Cops came, two new ones I've never seen before, Indian paid out 10,000b and the fact he was assaulted wasn't even addressed even though he was trying to tell the "police" about it. The police start to leave after the Indian pays up and as the police are walking away one of the Thai boys runs up and kicks in the Indian in the back as soon as he turns to leave. Police do nothing again.

This place is rotten and corrupt to the core. From the highest city position to the lowest beach urchin.

Tokay....

whether you like it or not....

you are an unwilling participant in pattaya....

if you disagree, which we all do, then leave.... the scene--pattaya

thailand has alot of other even much more attractive, inviting, seducing and enchanting spots.... if one cares to spend sometime and search....

Tokay, do not complain any more.... just leave like so many other fedup farang....

or do you have some other interests in the areas....? LOL ;)

Edited by vont

Tokay....

thailand has alot of other even much more attractive, inviting, seducing and enchanting spots.... if one cares to spend sometime and search....

Tokay, do not complain any more.... just leave like so many other fedup farang....

and quite why should Tokay stop complaining?.

At least he is doing his best to keep the topic current and so hopefully warn newbies to the possible financial melt down that can follow renting a jet ski.

Believe me it is not a nice site to watch unsuspecting holiday makers realize the depth of mess that they are in.

I have seen this myself over 35 times not read about or been told about it but watched it.

I understand his frustrations that the people who should be sorting this crime out are sitting on their hands and doing nothing.

But the problem is real and pretending otherwise is as bad as sitting on your hands.

Tokay....

At least he is doing his best to keep the topic current and so hopefully warn newbies to the possible financial melt down that can follow renting a jet ski.

Believe me it is not a nice site to watch unsuspecting holiday makers realize the depth of mess that they are in.

I have seen this myself over 35 times not read about or been told about it but watched it.

I understand his frustrations that the people who should be sorting this crime out are sitting on their hands and doing nothing.

But the problem is real and pretending otherwise is as bad as sitting on your hands.

----------------

oh dear.... tokay, i am on your side and am in complete agreement with your observation.

what i meant to say is.... if the persons in charge are not interested in cleaning up their acts or their employees' acts....

why on earth, does anyone want to frequent those places of biz? why oh why?

i also feel completely and totally empathy with those tourists swamping into pattaya and phuket....

why oh why.... does anyone want to frequent those places.... when as i mentioned there are plentiful other even more interesting and arresting places in thailand to visit and do all other even more challenging activities....

but then it is your money, spend it any which way and any how you feel like....

but then also, when you are taken.... who do you wish to blame....?

if the poster/responder wishes to complain on thaivisa.... be my guest....

but if i were you, i would definitely find some other place or location.... where it is my cup of tea....

hope you get what i mean now.... cheers :)

Tokay....

----------------

oh dear.... tokay, i am on your side and am in complete agreement with your observation.

what i meant to say is.... if the persons in charge are not interested in cleaning up their acts or their employees' acts....

i also feel completely and totally empathy with those tourists swamping into pattaya and phuket....

why oh why.... does anyone want to frequent those places.... when as i mentioned there are plentiful other even more interesting and arresting places in thailand to visit and do all other even more challenging activities....

but if i were you, i would definitely find some other place or location.... where it is my cup of tea....

Most people will gravitate to tourist areas where there is an infrastructure set up for the needs of tourists that is why people go to Phuket, Pattaya, Koh Samui etc

Secondly you are sadly deluded if you think that it is only the tourist areas that have scams.

Scams are a way of life in Thailand and no matter where you go there will be a scam just waiting for the unsuspecting traveller.

Tokay....

----------------

Most people will gravitate to tourist areas where there is an infrastructure set up for the needs of tourists that is why people go to Phuket, Pattaya, Koh Samui etc

Secondly you are sadly deluded if you think that it is only the tourist areas that have scams.

Scams are a way of life in Thailand and no matter where you go there will be a scam just waiting for the unsuspecting traveller.

my fellow, you are entirely too negative about life in general in thailand....

a few other farang and myself have been in and out of thailand since 1960 or so....

at least a bunch of us can categorically say that.... we have never been scammed either by chinese, malay, thai, vietnamese or other minority groups....

but sad to say.... there are more farang who seem to know all.... tried to entice several of us into buying into whatever they were trying to unload samui, pangnga, lanta land and develpment.... lol B)

Tokay....

----------------

a few other farang and myself have been in and out of thailand since 1960 or so....

at least a bunch of us can categorically say that.... we have never been scammed either by chinese, malay, thai, vietnamese or other minority groups....

but sad to say.... there are more farang who seem to know all.... tried to entice several of us into buying into whatever they were trying to unload samui, pangnga, lanta land and develpment.... lol B)

If you have been in Thailand that long then undoubtedly you have been scammed somewhere along the way you just didn't realise it. :lol:

Tokay....

----------------

-----------------

-----------------

If you have been in Thailand that long then undoubtedly you have been scammed somewhere along the way you just didn't realise it. :lol:

------------

come to think more seriously about it now....

i must admit you are quite right my fellow....

i've had been scammed so many times, over and over and again and again.... mostly by my very own thaivisa good hearted members.... which we easily forgive and forget.... lol :jap: :jap: :jap:

Edited by vont