Slew Of Wrong Numbers

samtam

In the last three days I've had about 10-15 wrong numbers, some of them repeats, (viz the caller recalling three times), obviously hearing my message in English and hanging up. Is it just me, or are others having a similar problem? One rang, then rang again and with giggling going on the back, asked how I was, how old I was etc blah blah, very briefly, before I cut him off. <deleted>'s going on?

I use Dtac, and in 7 years this is a first. Is there some sort of game in the local community? If it's not, why isn't is obvious that it's not the correct number to the caller if the person they thought they were calling doesn't answer?

Are they all from the same number, or two? Once a Thai person gets hold of a number, even if they wrote it down incorrectly, they'll wring it dry. Or maybe someone you know or work with posted your number on some Thai dating boards, just to goof on you.

How interesting. After two years with lots of such nonsense and pother problem with AIS I switched to Dtac a year ago. Then, starting last week I also began to get so-called wrong numbers. It is very annoying as the callers are so persistent in speaking in Thai & seem to enjoy 'annoying' the farang. All you can do is to not answer it if you do not recognise the number, which is what I am now doing.annoyed.gif

I've seen a mobile number written incorrectly then published and called by various different people, normally in 'for sale' adverts etc. That would be consistent with a burst of such calls. From time to time I might get a wrong number where the caller will want to keep talking when they work out I can speak English; often call centre staff are bored and seeking to flirt a little. Although the last time this happen it was only in Thai and it took me a while to work out it was my sister in law (the cute one) opps! My mistake.

I'm not saying that some people are "challenged" but they will hit redial if at first the call did not connect correctly, give it a second/third try, maybe, just maybe this time....

You have just been punked by tootsies. Either someone gave out your number as a prank or a toot mistakenly dialled your number and caught your voicemail leading to the sharing of your numbers with other toots.

Had the same problem before, DTAC too, ran up a huge bill when overseas from these calls so now with AIS and no voicemail with a vengence.

In the last three days I've had about 10-15 wrong numbers, some of them repeats, (viz the caller recalling three times), obviously hearing my message in English and hanging up. Is it just me, or are others having a similar problem? One rang, then rang again and with giggling going on the back, asked how I was, how old I was etc blah blah, very briefly, before I cut him off. <deleted>'s going on?

I use Dtac, and in 7 years this is a first. Is there some sort of game in the local community? If it's not, why isn't is obvious that it's not the correct number to the caller if the person they thought they were calling doesn't answer?

When i was ringing my wife in thailand from the uk, i sometimes got crossed over to another line. I rang the correct number but would get through to another person.

My wife rings her family from Belgium, where i am now and sometimes it happens to her too. They are all with dtac i think and she rings from are house phone. But as you are getting quite a lot of calls, i don't think this is the problem. Who knows.

Interesting, thanks for your replies. As of today, (am I tempting fate by saying this?), I have not had any.

On an unrelated note regarding Dtac, I use their service service when I'm overseas. No problem in most countries, but cannot use in UK. Anyone have that problem too?

Change the provider, i've the same problem but in SG and Malaysia. By changing the service provider, the phone works again. Btw, after using AIS, i notice that am paying a fraction of what i pay in DTAC under more or less same usage. You might want to check on that.

Interesting, thanks for your replies. As of today, (am I tempting fate by saying this?), I have not had any.

On an unrelated note regarding Dtac, I use their service service when I'm overseas. No problem in most countries, but cannot use in UK. Anyone have that problem too?