I'Ve Made It To Chiang Rai ! Good Bye Pattaya.

fm2002

Well I made the move to Chiang Rai from Pattaya. Been here a week and finally got my internet hooked up. Wanted to thank all who helped me. Found a nice place to live and so far enjoying the Rai life. Had a little problem with my foot so I haven't been out much, but hoping to get out and about next week. Hope to see you all around !

P.S. Anyone know a good old style barber where I can get a cut and a shave ?

I use the guys opposite the Thai Air Office on the Phahonyotjin Road. Typical cut "down to the bone" THB 60

P. S. Welcome to the Rai

Thanks I'll check it out.

How about a good "straight" Thai massage ?

Pai massage, also on the Phahonyotjin Road but the other side, almost opposite the turning for JedYod Rd.

Welcome to Chiang Rai. There is a barber on the main road in Hong O that will give you a shave and a haircut very cheap.

Travel further down the road toward the national park and hot springs and you will find Don's Deli, Bakery, Little Longhorn Saloon and Cafe on the waterfront. Watch for the signs on the left. Sunday we have 100 Baht buffet of light foods and the saloon is open. The Cafe is closed on Sunday. Our foods are some of the best in Thailand. When you come by ask for Don or call 081 894 6401,

I use the guys opposite the Thai Air Office on the Phahonyotjin Road. Typical cut "down to the bone" THB 60

P. S. Welcome to the Rai

Went to the place yesterday. The place was just what I was looking for. Thanks

Welcome to Chiang Rai. There is a barber on the main road in Hong O that will give you a shave and a haircut very cheap.

Travel further down the road toward the national park and hot springs and you will find Don's Deli, Bakery, Little Longhorn Saloon and Cafe on the waterfront. Watch for the signs on the left. Sunday we have 100 Baht buffet of light foods and the saloon is open. The Cafe is closed on Sunday. Our foods are some of the best in Thailand. When you come by ask for Don or call 081 894 6401,

Hey Don. You might remember me I sent you a email about my interest in different cuts of meat ie: strip loin, tenderloin etc. Anyway I went by twice to eat while I was here last time, but you were away. As soon as I can get around I'll be by. Don't you have a party coming up?

So in what part of town did you end up finding a home?

And welcome to the potluck this Sunday. The bad foot shouldn't be a problem at that. We don't usually dance. Well, sometimes, but not usually. intheclub.gif

At the worst, you may end up at the back of the food queue if you can't move fast. But there is always plenty to eat.

And welcome to the potluck this Sunday. The bad foot shouldn't be a problem at that. We don't usually dance. Well, sometimes, but not usually. intheclub.gif

At the worst, you may end up at the back of the food queue if you can't move fast. But there is always plenty to eat.

I ended up at the Sanuk Residences. It's about 6 km out of town off of highway 1020.

Was reading about the potluck. Wasn't sure how one was included???

I ended up at the Sanuk Residences. It's about 6 km out of town off of highway 1020.

Included by turning up with food to share. A really nice way to spend an afternoon. Hope the weather improves though.

Everyone is included. And you're at the top of the list. C'mon.

I was just re-reading the first few pages of the potluck thread. I notice quite a few people who posted haven't made it to the potluck yet. Maybe this time..................

There is plenty of shelter at the place, so if it showers a bit tomorrow, no biggie.

A warm if wet welcome to the Rai...And remember what happens in Pattaya stays in Pattaya.lol...Try not to spread the knowledge of Chiang Rai i.e.how good it is here or it could all change....Iam sure you will find your own way around in time now live tbe dream.All tbe best to hou Dave

A warm if wet welcome to the Rai...And remember what happens in Pattaya stays in Pattaya.lol...Try not to spread the knowledge of Chiang Rai i.e.how good it is here or it could all change....Iam sure you will find your own way around in time now live tbe dream.All tbe best to hou Dave

Thanks for the warm welcome. I think people who call Pattaya home are a rare breed. Don't think they would make it a week up here. For me I knew Pattaya wasn't for me and Chiang Rai although a bit slow suits me fine. Can't wait to explore and make it my home.

Pattaya has changed so much IMO over the last 8 - 10 years, Just not what it use to be. Comming from Hawaii I thought I needed to be near the ocean. Now I am up north in Chiang Mai and loving every minute of it.

I wish you well !

I'm mostly Hawaiian Jeffrey so I understand the draw of the Ocean. I'm fortunate enough to have an apartment next to one (not in Thailand). So the way I figure if I can find a place up here in CR I can have the best of both worlds; Ocean and Mountain

Pattaya has no Ocean and I wouldn't be caught dead in it. Well I guess if I stayed there long enough I might be caught dead floating in it from apparent suicide :(