What Is The Real Estate Market Like In Pattaya At The Moment ?

You will get people on here that have been trying to sell their properties for yonks and cant because they are so greedy and bought a pile of siht in the first place...well priced condos in a good location are selling well and also budget condos in Central Pattaya, most new developments are sold out, anything else forget it.....depends what currency you are on..AUS is a great time to buy

The property market is stagnant at the moment mainly due to overpricing, poor exchange rates and lack of people.

These words are from a real estate agent, who like the rest in Pattaya do not see a boom.

"As to whether this year will see the big recovery that so many people always talk about, personally I doubt it. Before the local property market can get back to where it was a few years ago, there are a number of things which have to change. And those changes are not likely to happen overnight. I rather suspect that there will be some steady improvement, year on year, from last year, as there was last year from the year before. Certainly that has been our experience during the first half of the year. All the same, notwithstanding this steady improvement, my personal belief is that we still have some way to go before the market really starts to take off again"

What many people do not realize is that when they buy (or even rent) a home anywhere in Thailand is that the resident ant colonies object to neat and tidy occupants. Traditional style homes, the ones that are built on stilts, seldom have problems with insect infestations due to the minimal number of entry points. All concrete homes have a massive insect problem that may never be rectified.

What many people do not realize is that when they buy (or even rent) a home anywhere in Thailand is that the resident ant colonies object to neat and tidy occupants. Traditional style homes, the ones that are built on stilts, seldom have problems with insect infestations due to the minimal number of entry points. All concrete homes have a massive insect problem that may never be rectified.

Complete & utter nonsense !!

I suppose this may be true if stilts are the only option the ants have. But my house is not traditional and sits on the ground; there is a minor ant trail from time to time but not the "massive insect problem" you warn about. Mosquitoes are more of a problem but only out in the garden.

:cheesy:

Complete & utter nonsense !!

one should also not forget that all "concrete" homes are breeding places for crocodiles who prefer a multitude of entry and exit points. fortunately the crocodiles are usually found only in the lower storeys and the monkeys in the attic don't bother the human occupants of "concrete" homes only at night when they are partying.

p.s. Thai home on stilts are only safe from invasion of flying insects if signs in various insect languages "No insects allowed!" are attached. to be on the safe side additional signs "Insects violating entry rules will be rectified!" should be fixed.

:whistling:

To an extent this is quite true.

I have seen severe termite damage in 10th floor high-rise Pattaya condos, somewhere that I never expected to see them. I've also seen ant trails on the 20th floor of some buildings here. The advantage of concrete though is that the little beasties cant eat the structure. So as long as you find them and stop them (and they cant travel through concrete, only up and down the service conduits and such-like) then the worst that you may have to do is to replace doorframes and wooden trim.

In a traditional wood house they can actually burrow into the wood and destroy the frame from the inside out. Or indeed eat through the stilts.

The best solution for traditional houses is to build them on concrete stilts. A squirt of insecticide once a month will stop anything going up the outside of the stilts. Or even ecological sticky trunk gum such as one uses on trees in Europe.

There seems to be a lot of new condos in the under 1m baht range selling but they are of smaller size.

In general, Thailand property sales are booming

In Pattaya new 1M Baht condos are very small and/or located well off the beaten track. I wouldnt want to live in one.

The 1M Baht tag also rarely includes everything (furniture package, foreign name, meters, transfer fees).

As for sales booming, I would restrict that to sales of new property and even then I'm not sure booming is the right word. Steady would be more accurate, I think.

Sales of used property are not booming.

Mine doesn't so "all" is not true.