Tires

Spaniel

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the replies. So, what's the verdict? Air or nitrogen? I think I will stick with air since you have to pay for the nitrogen and it seems not to be much if any better and it not easily available.

FWIW I think that sort of reasoning could have been done without a thread honestly, another reason I was steering clear...

Well you didn't steer to clear as you made 3 posts to the question. Thanks for your input.

Yo Ho. the Old Spaniel sure sniffed that one out.:D

Actually no he didn't, I have quite steered clear of the OP.. I've not contributed anything in terms of advice on the OP and will continue not to, merely agreeing with the few tuned in members who know their facts and laughed at and fended off the obviously obtuse members who say they know, but clearly are clueless and claim in the same sentence they never tried it though in any real life application of any credible amount. Oh! Or read it on the Internet :lol: ...

What is your 25 years exp in ? Im sure I can come up with a better one than you lol I mean this is the internet. But you still dont know what you are talking about my friend.

What are you 15 years old with the "lol"?? Check around the board you're not a newbie, there's plenty enough threads which state my experience...I'm not one dimensional like so many others so I have a wealth of experience on a wide range of topics..

JFYI it takes a special person to refer to me as "my friend" and based on your displayed intellect, you don't qualify..

As an ex ''racer''

See you don't even have that piece of information right, you've confused me with a weekend warrior, retired straight liner like yourself.. I'm not an "ex" anything.. Erm, except being single :rolleyes: ...

Edited by WarpSpeed

Longer Tire Life – When it comes in contact with other materials, oxygen causes oxidation. Oxidation can make rubber brittle and cause it to lose tensile strength.

now you are overdoing it Kwasaki-San <_< no matter how much Nitrogen you fill inside the tires their outsides are still exposed to the average 28% oxygen normal air contains. what really hurts tires and makes the compound brittle is the ultraviolet spectrum of our sun.

correct tire pressure does indeed enhance fuel efficiency and reduces wear and tear. but that does not mean that i have to follow the manufacturers recommendations and suffer discomfort when using Thai roads. in my wife's shitty Benz it feels like sitting in a jeep at correct pressure (30-32psi). that's why the car is driven with 26psi (all four tires) except when going once i a blue moon to Suvarnabhumi or downtown Bangkok.

Doesn't that bring down fuel economy significantly?

most probably insignificant when driving slow speeds in Pattaya city traffic. as far as wear and tear is concerned i'm even convinced that lower tire pressure combined with slow speeds on bad roads reduces wear and tear.