What To Do After Having A Single Entry O-Visa? More Info Inside

So here is my story/question:

Last year I got an O-visa multiple entries. I stayed about 8 months with this visa.

Now I went to apply again for this visa here in the Royal Thai Consulate in Antwerp, Belgium, but they didn't want to give me another O-visa multiple entry only a O-visa single entry.

The last 4 years I've been staying +6 months per year with my wife (not official, got the Thai ceremony wedding) in Thailand. The system has changed the past few years that I don't know anymore which way I can take. Also those 2 week border runs are not an option.

Now this time I'm going to get my marriage papers fixed in Thailand. So my questions is, after I get officially married, can I extend my visa in some way after the 3 months that I'm staying there??

I'm only 30 years old, so not even close to retirement.

Hope you guys can help me out

if you need more information feel free to ask

After you get married you can extend your stay by 60 days for the reason to visit your Wife.

You can also extend for 12 months if you have 400,000 Baht in the bank or 40,000 monthly income.

You can also apply for another Non Imm O Visa in the area.

After you get married you can extend your stay by 60 days for the reason to visit your Wife.

You can also extend for 12 months if you have 400,000 Baht in the bank or 40,000 monthly income.

You can also apply for another Non Imm O Visa in the area.

So just after the 3 months I just can go to the Immigration office in Chaengwattana to apply for that extension. About that 400 000 baht, how long should it be on that Thai account already? And does it need to show transactions ? Cause I'm planning to just leave it as a saving account. How about if my wife earns enough to support both of us the time that I'm in Thailand?

400,000 needs to be in a bankaccount in Thailand in your name for at least 2 months. To proof that you will need to show an updated bankbook AND a letter from your bank confirming this.

You can just keep the money sitting in that account, but it is wise to be able to show soem evidence of moneybeing spend. A second bankbook with some money in it or copies of ATM slips will do. (Only show when asked for this).

Your wife's income is not taken into consideration.

400,000 needs to be in a bankaccount in Thailand in your name for at least 2 months. To proof that you will need to show an updated bankbook AND a letter from your bank confirming this.

You can just keep the money sitting in that account, but it is wise to be able to show soem evidence of moneybeing spend. A second bankbook with some money in it or copies of ATM slips will do. (Only show when asked for this).

Your wife's income is not taken into consideration.

Ok I'll make 2 accounts than, mostly I just take cash from Belgium and go to exchange every few weeks. Sounds more save as well :D.

Thanks for the info, very helpfull.

Does every bank just open an account for you ? I heard that not every bank will allow you to open an account with them, they need to see the workpermit. Any advice on that?

Grtz

Edited by chillem