Transfer Land Ownership

Recently I applied for visitors visa to UK for my Thai GF

She has a rice farm and I thought that this would be a reason for her to return home to Thailand.

I asked for the deeds to the land to submit with the application -

I then discovered that the land was still registered to her mother who died about 6 or 7 years ago.

She has 3 brothers and 1 sister and it seems as if they have decided between them which bit of land they all farm.

I don't know if her mother made a will or is this the way it's done in Thailand?

How would they make this official and get proper land ownership title deeds?

I don't to interfere too much and cause trouble between her brothers and sister, but is there an easy solution?

I don't think you should interfere at all, this is your GF personal family matters

It's not unusual that ownership is not transferred until (much) later. Most Thais clear this at the land office without involving lawyer at all. Is it going to be solved in time for what you need? No way :)

Thread carefully Tim, problem between the children about how to split the land, who gets the better piece etc is common

You didn't mention what type title deed(s) are involved. If it is possessory rights farm land them that is different than land with a Chanote. If Chanote and all siblings agree on their share, then it would be best if the land is formally divided by the local land office and individual Chanotes issued. Then there is the issue of the registered owner, rightful heirs must be appointed. As said, tread carefully.

I have no idea what kind of deeds the land is registered.

The ony reason I am asking is that it would make a stonger case for her visa application if the land was registered in her name.

I don't want to interfere and I have not spoken about this to her or her family.

As you advise maybe I should let them carry on as they are - thay all seem quite happy with the arrangements as they are now.