Shop Rental Fee

susanschwaiger

Hoi,

Anyone has expereience with shop renting?

If in Naklua area, a small shop room about 12 Squre Meter size, how much will be the monthly rental? Is this price with decoration or without?

..... and normally, how long is the contract period?

Thanks in advance

Susan

In Pattaya any shop rental will be too high, but there seem to be some dumbasses who wll pay (at least for some time). I recommend, that you take your time, compare, compare, compare, consider loacation, environment, parking, and if not needed 100 % in the city, move out a bit. Abt. 15 km of Pattaya, we could have rent a nice new office building (maybe 100 sqm downstaires with 2 levels living above) at about 20,000 Bht/month, maybe negotiable down to 16-17 k Baht. Compared this with the price in Pattaya, where you easily pay +10 k for a doghouse.

But is all depends on your budget, sales estimate and return. B)

In town on a side Soi of 12 sq.m. undecorated should be about 3000 Bt. ($100 USD)

If you have a Thai friend have them make the calls and help. They see you and the price goes up.

This is a basic room, store front, side street. about 12 sq.m. with basic toilet

usually 1 year lease. with 1 or 2 months deposit. You pay extra for power and water.

This is what I have found.

Thanks. That is good news.

Yesterday, I went to a herb stuff shop in a soi nearby the roundabout.

Looks quite nice, about 16 SM, fully decorated, with toilet, air-con, etc. The Thai lady owner told me the rental is 10K/month.

If I get my working permit, a price like that seems still acceptable.

SS

I don't think you will be able to do acupuncture (rather I don't think you will be able to get a WP or other needed permissions) in Thailand.

Hmmm.. will see. It depends.

If cant work, then just do volunteer in Confuc_kous Shcool. ALso nice

You will need a WP to volunteer as well.

I don't think you will be able to do acupuncture (rather I don't think you will be able to get a WP or other needed permissions) in Thailand.

there's a farang chiropractor operating his own clinic near Tops beach road for years....

Edited by William Osborne

Not at all.

Nationals of any EU member country do not require work permits to work in any other EU member country.

Yup, absolutely right..

Even a Schengen Visa can cover so many EU countries now.

If Asisa can also acheive this... That would be convenient.

WP for expats is required in every country.

Not at all.

Nationals of any EU member country do not require work permits to work in any other EU member country.

My wife rented a shop on Soi Beukhao 2 years ago .It was around 36 sqm .Main road frontage and toilet area .Rent was B7,000 a month plus B80,000 up front ( for god knows what !).

Most people on that row of shops only lasted a year as B70,000 was require up fron the 2 nd year .

She now rents a shop in a suburb of Chiang Mai about the same size on a busy road .Rent B3,000 a month with just one monts deposit up front . :D

Edited by Thaifan2

Not at all.

My wife rented a shop on Soi Beukhao 2 years ago .It was around 36 sqm .Main road frontage and toilet area .Rent was B7,000 a month plus B80,000 up front ( for god knows what !).

Bt.13600 per month is reasonable I would have thought for that size and location.

there's a farang chiropractor operating his own clinic near Tops beach road for years....

and? If you had said acupuncturist I'd have been surprised. Chiropractic isn't the same but Thailand has surprised me in the past so perhaps susan will be lucky but I expect that in the case of acupuncture it will be impossible.

and? If you had said acupuncturist I'd have been surprised. Chiropractic isn't the same but Thailand has surprised me in the past so perhaps susan will be lucky but I expect that in the case of acupuncture it will be impossible.

Impossible for farang or Asians to get a WP for acupuncture?

I know of at least 2 shops in Bkk that have non Thai practising acupuncture, I can only assume they have work permits.

These are 3 storey shophouses and are making a fortune, the latest craze is, sorry dont know the medical terminolgy susan will know, tapping the skin with a needle then placing a suction cup on the needle marks and drawing blood.

This process is over 1,000 baht a visit, recommended at least 10 visits (yeah right, recommended by whom?).

The last shop I was in had at least 12 patients when I visited, and others waiting in line.

Plus add on all the other (quack) herbal remedies for sale, make no mistake, this is big business.

the latest craze is, sorry dont know the medical terminolgy susan will know, tapping the skin with a needle then placing a suction cup on the needle marks and drawing blood.

Hi,

That is Dermal Needle treatment with cupping.

Normally used for muscle pain, or releasing the heat/poison.

In Europe, they have similar Bleeding Therapy :)))))

Then get one.

I'm not here with tourist visa. Company' HR will handle it properly.

Surely can find sth meaningful to do here .. not so difficult.

But in Thailand there are restricted occupations that foreigners are not allowed to work in so no WP will be issued.

Don't know if that would apply to your business though.

And as a foriegner if you start a business you will need a 51% Thai ownership.

the latest craze is, sorry dont know the medical terminolgy susan will know, tapping the skin with a needle then placing a suction cup on the needle marks and drawing blood.

Hi,

That is Dermal Needle treatment with cupping.

Normally used for muscle pain, or releasing the heat/poison.

In Europe, they have similar Bleeding Therapy :)))))

Is that the one with the leeches????

Then get one.

I'm not here with tourist visa. Company' HR will handle it properly.

Surely can find sth meaningful to do here .. not so difficult.

But in Thailand there are restricted occupations that foreigners are not allowed to work in so no WP will be issued.

Don't know if that would apply to your business though.

And as a foriegner if you start a business you will need a 51% Thai ownership.

Actually Americans can own a business 100%.

I did some looking at the MoL and MoH websites and haven't found any statement yet other than acupuncture falls under the MoH. (Work permits for it would still be issued from MoL, IF permission was granted by the MoH) There is a program that teaches acupuncture in Thailand and I have found no evidence yet of any foreigner practicing acupuncture in Thailand legally. That does not mean that there are none.

Actually Americans can own a business 100%.

I did some looking at the MoL and MoH websites and haven't found any statement yet other than acupuncture falls under the MoH. (Work permits for it would still be issued from MoL, IF permission was granted by the MoH) There is a program that teaches acupuncture in Thailand and I have found no evidence yet of any foreigner practicing acupuncture in Thailand legally. That does not mean that there are none.

One of my diploma is issued from a top institute in Beijing and bears the logo of "WHO" . And every year, there are Thai doctors coming to China to learn Acupuncture. Today, I saw on web the doctor who was my tutor during internship also taught Thai students ! What a small world.

I feel it's so important to set up social relationship for long stay in Thailand. Embassy, CN associations (Chinese have been doing biz in Thailand for ages), Thai professionals, etc.

“It is a long lane that has no turning”