Recent Visit By Roman Polanski

mouse

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic brings out the reactionaries amongst us; how about stringing him up from the nearest tree when you get the chance?

If anyone has any feelings of forgiveness after 30 years, it would be a nice thing. It seems however that the reactionary elements all want to stand up and be counted, well done.

How many of you men would walk away if you were talking to a very cute girl and getting on well, she has consented to accompany you home. There, after getting comfortable and excited etc, she lets drop that she is underage.

Oh, all of you, congratulations, you are very good men!

You can only forgive someone who asks for it. By evading his punishment.... irregardless if it was 100 years, he has not asked for forgiveness.

If he had faced his crime at the time and served his due sentence, people would be more inclined to react the way you want them to be.

If the Kanchanaburi policeman double murderer of Brits had managed to elude police for a long period of time, would we all be saying.... "oh it's ok, forgive him."

would you expect us to??

OR....

as in the case of the subject of this discussion, he already knew she was 13.. so your scenario doesn't really match. Having already known her age, he went on to administer a powerful tranquilizer, followed by alcohol, and then forced himself on her with a sodomizing act. How many of you men here would do that?

I don't know. I know I wouldn't.

Did he know how old she was? I've seen nothing to indicate that he knew that she was 13. He offered her an illegal tranquilizer and she accepted it....she knew what it was...she had taken this same type of illegal tranquilizer before. He offered her a glass of champagne and she accepted it..I believe that the champagne came befoe the tranquilizer...after the first glass it is not clear if he offered it or if she just poured her own. I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just trying to fill in the spaces and make a more accurate depiction of the evidence we have about this incident....and....as usual...I would like to stress that no one cross examined her to question the veracity of her claims....we have one side of the story only here.

This topic brings out the reactionaries amongst us; how about stringing him up from the nearest tree when you get the chance?

If anyone has any feelings of forgiveness after 30 years, it would be a nice thing. It seems however that the reactionary elements all want to stand up and be counted, well done.

How many of you men would walk away if you were talking to a very cute girl and getting on well, she has consented to accompany you home. There, after getting comfortable and excited etc, she lets drop that she is underage.

Oh, all of you, congratulations, you are very good men!

You can only forgive someone who asks for it. By evading his punishment.... irregardless if it was 100 years, he has not asked for forgiveness.

If he had faced his crime at the time and served his due sentence, people would be more inclined to react the way you want them to be.

If the Kanchanaburi policeman double murderer of Brits had managed to elude police for a long period of time, would we all be saying.... "oh it's ok, forgive him."

would you expect us to??

OR....

as in the case of the subject of this discussion, he already knew she was 13.. so your scenario doesn't really match. Having already known her age, he went on to administer a powerful tranquilizer, followed by alcohol, and then forced himself on her with a sodomizing act. How many of you men here would do that?

I don't know. I know I wouldn't.

Did he know how old she was? I've seen nothing to indicate that he knew that she was 13. He offered her an illegal tranquilizer and she accepted it....she knew what it was...she had taken this same type of illegal tranquilizer before. He offered her a glass of champagne and she accepted it..I believe that the champagne came befoe the tranquilizer...after the first glass it is not clear if he offered it or if she just poured her own. I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just trying to fill in the spaces and make a more accurate depiction of the evidence we have about this incident....and....as usual...I would like to stress that no one cross examined her to question the veracity of her claims....we have one side of the story only here.

He did know she was 13. He had known her for several weeks before the rape.

He supplied the tranquilizer and the alchohol to her. Whether he forced it upon her or she asked for it is inconsequential and immaterial. According to the law of the land that Mr. Polanski was living in at the time, as an adult, he is expected to maintain control of the situation.

It's the same point of his conviction. At those ages, children can not be held liable for their behavior. The adult, Mr. Polanski, is responsible to maintain an "even keel" and is expected to conform his behavior to the law, which is a reflection of the society he chose to live in.

If Botswana society or Brazilian rain-forest Indians say 13 is ok to have sex parties, he should live there.