Safety Helmets

this particular instance has nothing to do with spelling or grammar, it's more of a situation where a rather obvious attempt at humor has flown right over your head yet caused you to react in a rather disagreeable way. hence my comment about reading comprehension. i don't care if you ever use spell check, as long as you get the frist and lsat letters correct i can understand what you are trying to say.

maybe i should run a spell check as someone private messeged me and told me that everyone thinks i am a buffoon. or something like that.

don't believe everything you read

Thailand's helmet laws are a complete joke given that 95% of helmets are total tutt and wouldn't save you from a headache!

and such a correct statement, i mean the helmets cost 4 Pounds !, i remember when i had a bike in the UK, a bought a helmet which was considered cheap !, but still 10,000 THB ...... i dont think any helmet that comes out of tesco has any safty rating..

2143_1.jpg

Thailand's helmet laws are a complete joke given that 95% of helmets are total tutt and wouldn't save you from a headache!

and such a correct statement, i mean the helmets cost 4 Pounds !, i remember when i had a bike in the UK, a bought a helmet which was considered cheap !, but still 10,000 THB ...... i dont think any helmet that comes out of tesco has any safty rating..

Ah - I am OK then. My helmet cost 10 quid and I bought it at Big C B)

But please do not forget - ANY helmet is better than buuger all

No helmet would save your life in a head on collosion with a car but even those cheaper helmets are some protection.

Depends on what type of crash you have. trust me.

one good reason to wear a helmet, it will help deflect the trash that the locals throw out of their vehicles while driving.

Correct, and it also keeps your head dry on a rainy day and prevents sunburn to the forehead on a sunny day. Its multi functionig.

one good reason to wear a helmet, it will help deflect the trash that the locals throw out of their vehicles while driving.

Correct, and it also keeps your head dry on a rainy day and prevents sunburn to the forehead on a sunny day. Its multi functionig.

you can even connect your beers to the helmet if you want

beerhat-772303.jpg

you can even connect your beers to the helmet if you want

beerhat-772303.jpg

Boater - you must have the largest collection of trivial photos that I know of. :clap2:

Yeh - I know :offtopic2:

more helmets mean less lkey brain damage which means that u not forget how to spell.

I am wearing a hemlet whilst typing just incase.

there again i am using my laptop whilst riding my motor bike.

• 3 months later...

BIB were out today, loads of people getting done for not wearing a helmet on the ring road about a mile down from tesco heading to Lamai, at least i think that was going on, or it was a shirtless, helmet less farang scooter meet, being ticketed by the police smile.gif

BIB were out today, loads of people getting done for not wearing a helmet on the ring road about a mile down from tesco heading to Lamai, at least i think that was going on, or it was a shirtless, helmet less farang scooter meet, being ticketed by the police smile.gif

They were out in Nathon yesterday - it must be Bang Rak's turn next.

They were out in Nathon yesterday - it must be Bang Rak's turn next.

just before you get to the pier, that must be the biggest stop place in samui, they normally get a good 1,000 - 2,000 people there

Wow PS...did you have the wart lasered off or what? biggrin.gif

:lol:

Saw some new helmet designs the other day on the Sun website

www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3749887/Flash-hemets-a-wacky-look-for-bikers.html

The second one (chrome dome) would certainly confuse the BIB :ermm:

Edited by Tropicalevo

Tourist Police at Bophut Town Center have several signs ready for erecting . White with Read helmet saying 100%.

There have been signs like this in Nanthon for several months now...

Both Thai and English.... but it does not take a Rocket scientist to figure out the Thai version.... :rolleyes:

In Ubon there is no police presence at all, so nobody gives a shit about anything, let alone a helmet. ;)

maybe as they are all undercover in the bars and massage parlours ... not to mention someone has to deal in the poker tables

In Ubon there is no police presence at all, so nobody gives a shit about anything, let alone a helmet. ;)

maybe as they are all undercover in the bars and massage parlours ... not to mention someone has to deal in the poker tables

For sure. ;)

Nathon has seen more controls in the last month, looks like they start to take it more seriously. On several days the BiB were standing on many places at the same time, often only stopping and giving the offenders a stern but friendly warning, without taking money. :blink: Totally shocking and unheard of behaviour.

The increased checks even have a visible effect, many more driving with helmets now.