Visa For Thai Wife To The Uk

My wife is applying for a UK visitors visa. She had one less than 2 years ago.

She applied then when she was working and had good bank records, but now she hasn't been working and I am going to say, maybe foolishly, that I will be paying for everything, which I am.

Maybe I am worrying unnecessarily, as I am going to send my bank books which only show about 30,000 a month for the last six months.

Should I borrow some cash(large amount, which is no real problem) and show that in my account or would they suss that one out?

Any thoughts/experience/advice/warnings appreciated.

N :o N

Hi Neeranam,

I think you're worrying unduly. Certainly, I wouldn't artificially inflate your bank account as they will suss it out and, to be honest, I don't think you need to do it.

The fact that your wife has had a visa fairly recently, and presumably complied with its terms and conditions, will stand her in good stead when seeking the new one. Furthermore, when you are settled in Thailand, why would your wife choose not to return with you? To this end, also submit a copy of your passport showing details of your immigration status in Thailand. Also provide a covering letter which details your circumstances in Thailand and the purpose of the proposed visit to the UK.

Scouse.

Hi mate,

Yes I think I am worrying unduly but when it comes to visas I do especially after paying over 100,000 baht for the flights. My Scottish background!!

Ok, cheers for that advice - I'll copy my passpot non-imm visa. I have got a letter from my work saying that I work there and my measly salary.

NN