Could Not Get Premiere Elements 1.0 To Run

smo

After installing Adobe Premiere Elements (from a software CD purchased at Panthip) on my desktop, when I ran the program a message window came up.

The title of the window:

“ASLMessage Window – Adobe Premiere Elements.exe – Application Error”

The content:

“The application failed to initialize propably (0xc00000ld). Click ok to terminate the application.”

[The funny thing is the same piece of software installed on my laptop ran without a whimper.]

What I did trying to fix the problem was to run all kinds of registry cleaners and then re-install the program. To no avail – yes I did remove the program first before doing any other thing. In one frustrated instance I even re-installed Window (XP with SP2) on the desktop but that did not help either.

So it’s time to post on this forum and hope that someone would come up with a workable solution. Thank you much in advance.

smo

After installing Adobe Premiere Elements (from a software CD purchased at Panthip) on my desktop, when I ran the program a message window came up.

The title of the window:

“ASLMessage Window – Adobe Premiere Elements.exe – Application Error”

The content:

“The application failed to initialize propably (0xc00000ld). Click ok to terminate the application.”

[The funny thing is the same piece of software installed on my laptop ran without a whimper.]

What I did trying to fix the problem was to run all kinds of registry cleaners and then re-install the program. To no avail – yes I did remove the program first before doing any other thing. In one frustrated instance I even re-installed Window (XP with SP2) on the desktop but that did not help either.

So it’s time to post on this forum and hope that someone would come up with a workable solution. Thank you much in advance.

smo

hi'

is there a major difference in between your laptop and your PC?

ram or cpu speed?

may be a simple different way to install it now that what you did on the laptop first ...

tell us :o

francois

[hi'

is there a major difference in between your laptop and your PC?

ram or cpu speed?

may be a simple different way to install it now that what you did on the laptop first ...

tell us :o

francois

Not sure what you meant by "simple different way..." but the installation of the program on both machines was a no-brainer. Only when I ran the program on the desktop then the problem came up. As I said before the program ran fine on the laptop.

BTW, the laptop is a P4 2.8 whereas the desktop is a P4 3.0 HT with 4 times the amount of RAM than that on the laptop. Hope you can give me a diagnosis to the situation. :D

smo

We are not really supposed to discuss illegal practices (such as running dodgy copies of commercial software) on the forum :o

Make sure you have all the necessary Direct-X stuff etc. installed and working.

Get the latest drivers for your video card etc.

No other ideas a the moment :D

Thank ya all for the link and the tips re DirectX.

I reloaded my desktop's DirectX 9 driver. Without much conviction though because the laptop is way behind technologically and yet ran PE without any problem. So no surprise that nothing changed for the better after re-installing the said driver.

Interesting, or shall I say arrested, development though. Actually I could never remove PE completely because the installation "wizard" kept getting cancelled during the process. And if I just wanted to "repair" then everything went "fine" except PE never showed up anywhere afterwards.

I'm giving up on this. PE can rest in no man's land for all I care. Have Premiere PRo running on the desktop already - so now I'm forced to skip the baby steps and take the big plunge! Oh, well.

smo