China Cups Where To Buy In Chiangmai

SausageKing

Hi all does anybody know where to buy a bone china mugs or cups in chiang mai ? I tried robensons but no luck,Tried central but no luck ? lots of thick type ceramic types but its not what i want,with bone china you can see the light through it when you hold it up to the light,thais tell me the cups are all the same ? I know they are not. Easy to buy in U/K/USA or maybe am looking the wrong place. any positive ideas please. many thanks Rob/sk.

post-112062-0-65983500-1308967055_thumb.

There are some in Lampang I cant remember which one that I used to buy from them and they export under other brands. They had a temporary shop in Rimping now gone.

www.homepottery.com/

www.indraceramic.com

( :jap: Moderator this time please do not disable my account for posting this links I have no affiliate with them I recommend them because they are honest hard working Thai people and I'm sure they are NOT the type of Thai people that will take advantage of you guys and use Thaivisa as their goldmine for free advertising)

Edited by Maccheroncini

I have a whole stack in England but can't say I've seen them anywhere in Thailand. The most likely place you would find them is Central Chidlom in Bangkok. If they don't have them it might be pretty much impossible.

I saw them up for sale once at the Rin Ping supermarket, near airport branch and I think also at the river branch.

But, this must be 2 years ago, so have no idea if they still have them in stock and I can remember that they were very expensive, about 380 baht an item I think.

Worth checking out if you are in that area.

I will go and look if they have still have thanks. I tried index today but no joy, ummmm, If anyone has anymore ideas am all ears. Rob/sk

I saw them up for sale once at the Rin Ping supermarket, near airport branch and I think also at the river branch.

But, this must be 2 years ago, so have no idea if they still have them in stock and I can remember that they were very expensive, about 380 baht an item I think.

Worth checking out if you are in that area.

I know I've seen them at Central Dept store at KSK, but it's been a while. I'll be in that area on Wednesday and will take a look to see if they still have them. I know they have a huge selection of bone china at their big Central Chidlom store in Bangkok, but that doesn't help you much, does it?

Well thank you very much to take the time to go and look for me.Rob. Cheers.

I know I've seen them at Central Dept store at KSK, but it's been a while. I'll be in that area on Wednesday and will take a look to see if they still have them. I know they have a huge selection of bone china at their big Central Chidlom store in Bangkok, but that doesn't help you much, does it?

Went to Central Dept store at KSK and looked around the housewares dept. The best china they have is Thai-produced, "fine china" according to the inscription on the bottom of the pieces. It's not quite translucent like fine bone china, but pretty close. They have one pattern called "Pink Rose" that has that English tea-set look. Look under the display of that pattern and you'll find some footed tea mugs on the lower shelves. This pattern has cups in three different sizes, ranging from the dainty cups and saucers that probably couldn't accomodate a man's finger to two sizes of larger mugs.

The price was very good, something like less than 150 baht for each cup.

There were also some ceramic mugs with prettier rose patterns near the railing for the escalator. I believe they are on sale. However, these pieces we not as close to being bone china and their Pink Rose fine china.

After looking over the quality of the Thai-produced fine china I'm really glad we went to the hassle of bringing over the bone china that has been in Hubby's family forever. Here we use it every day. No point in "saving it for good", when we don't have kids and if we break a piece, oh well, it's a set for 12 and we're only two people. So far, it's been amazingly good for everyday use. I've just chipped a couple of pieces and then Hubby took over the dishwashing and has had no chips or breaks for a couple of years.

Thank you very much for taking the trouble of looking for bone china cups/mugs for me and i will go and take a look tomorrow . Not sure why hard to find in Thailand ? You would think SE Asia would be flooded with bone china. so thanks again. Rob/sk

Went to Central Dept store at KSK and looked around the housewares dept. The best china they have is Thai-produced, "fine china" according to the inscription on the bottom of the pieces. It's not quite translucent like fine bone china, but pretty close. They have one pattern called "Pink Rose" that has that English tea-set look. Look under the display of that pattern and you'll find some footed tea mugs on the lower shelves. This pattern has cups in three different sizes, ranging from the dainty cups and saucers that probably couldn't accomodate a man's finger to two sizes of larger mugs.

The price was very good, something like less than 150 baht for each cup.

There were also some ceramic mugs with prettier rose patterns near the railing for the escalator. I believe they are on sale. However, these pieces we not as close to being bone china and their Pink Rose fine china.

After looking over the quality of the Thai-produced fine china I'm really glad we went to the hassle of bringing over the bone china that has been in Hubby's family forever. Here we use it every day. No point in "saving it for good", when we don't have kids and if we break a piece, oh well, it's a set for 12 and we're only two people. So far, it's been amazingly good for everyday use. I've just chipped a couple of pieces and then Hubby took over the dishwashing and has had no chips or breaks for a couple of years.

Thank you and will try both places and central department store. many thanks.Rob/sk

there is a place behind tescos on the superhighway the road the bars are on but not sure if they do that bone china .

there is a place behind tescos on the superhighway the road the bars are on but not sure if they do that bone china .

They don't....

Second that.. definitely don't . Only good if you want some good cheap mugs, always lots of dinner plates and a good place to pick up a teapot if you need one. Nothing there close to bone china.

Thanks for that and i was just about to go their now,lucky i read this post,Well i will go look in central department store.Rob/sk

They don't....

Second that.. definitely don't . Only good if you want some good cheap mugs, always lots of dinner plates and a good place to pick up a teapot if you need one. Nothing there close to bone china.

Thanks for that and i was just about to go their now,lucky i read this post,Well i will go look in central department store.Rob/sk

They don't....