Health Care In The Uk

ThaiPauly

Something else you should be aware of is that last year everybody on a doctors patient list was sent a letter to ask if they could put your information onto the national data base, (or whatever it is called). If you did not reply to this letter in a timely fashion, questions would be asked at the doctor's surgey where you are a patient. I know, because it happened to me. I just asked the doctor if he would like to pop down to my house for a cup of tea, to prove I was still resident in the UK.

Alan

:( Bugger....have to say it must have got lost in the post

So did mine apparently and I live here.

never seen it in my mail either,there is a notice up in docs waiting room about some sort of patients register,seem to say if you dont want to stay registered to fill in some form,if you want to stay do nowt.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In today's UK Daily Mail they are reporting that, in future, even expats on UK pensions will have to pay for their own health care

Whilst I can understand the need to address the issue of foreign nationals exploiting the system, excluding UK pensioners may be the straw that breaks the camels back for some ex-pat pensioners and may not prove to be cost effective for the government.

The article says that the ex-pat pensioners will have paid NI and income tax for many years, in my case 44 years, but of course many pensioners still pay UK income tax, and for those it might prove to be a move too far.

It's quite feasible that some ex-pat pensioners might say enough is enough and return to UK, when they do they will get their pensions paid at the full rate as well as full access to all welfare benefits, will get free NHS health treatment, free medications, and lets not forget bus passes, all this will cost the government far more.

I think this is a very short sighted and ill thought out move, wasn't it the new government that were going to make pensions fairer for everybody?

Can you imagine a United Kingdom full of whinging miserable old British blokes?

"I should be back home in Thailand, but I need to get me dentures sorted..."

"Where's the tarts? Do you know how much it costs for a short time round here? If it weren't for me bypass operation, I'd be on Soi bintabaht right now"

"What, no Chang? You can't even get a decent bottle of piss here, this tastes like beer!"

"Four quid for a packet of fags? I'm going to give up, just to spite the chancellor; and then whose going to die of pneumonia standing outside the pub, eh?"

Thank heavens for the bus passes, though. So we don't need to stand behind them while they fumble for change in the pockets of their overcoat and undercoat and top coat and primer.

I should enjoy a visit home, before they all repatriate.

SC

very topical and funny and true,but must say them bus passes are great,and not only that you get a free daily paper on the bus,never see the red buses in cnx do that lol.

Whilst I can understand the need to address the issue of foreign nationals exploiting the system, excluding UK pensioners may be the straw that breaks the camels back for some ex-pat pensioners and may not prove to be cost effective for the government.

The article says that the ex-pat pensioners will have paid NI and income tax for many years, in my case 44 years, but of course many pensioners still pay UK income tax, and for those it might prove to be a move too far.

It's quite feasible that some ex-pat pensioners might say enough is enough and return to UK, when they do they will get their pensions paid at the full rate as well as full access to all welfare benefits, will get free NHS health treatment, free medications, and lets not forget bus passes, all this will cost the government far more.

I think this is a very short sighted and ill thought out move, wasn't it the new government that were going to make pensions fairer for everybody?

But, don't forget that those ex-pat pensioners that "might say enough is enough and return to UK" would be doing themselves more harm than good in doing so

For instance, what welfare benefits would they be "entitled to" when the visa requirements to retire in Thailand are far greater than the cut-off point for means tested benefits?

Another thing......where would they live? Relatives/friends? You don't think the councils are under any obligation to house a returning ex-pat, do you?

Plus the fact that they will be liable to things like Value Added Tax (even on domestic fuel, which, btw is going up ANOTHER 16-18% from August, PLUS VAT, don't forget !!!!) Council Tax, Alcohol tax, fuel tax etc, etc.

This septic sceptered isle of ours is, in a word....F*CKED. Getting out, and staying out adds to a persons well-being.

Returning to it on a knee jerk reaction, or on some sort of revenge attack on the powers that be, will end in tears. And those tears won't be shed by those running the place

Penkoprod

Edited by Penkoprod

^^^^^

You are of course correct Penkoprod, I was rather hoping nobody would actually think things through rationaly, I prefer the alarmist approach, ie what would it cost the government if we all went back.?

I spent a couple of weeks in the UK in January as I needed to attend a social function, I vowed then I would never go back, but there might be some who don't have a choice.

But, don't forget that those ex-pat pensioners that "might say enough is enough and return to UK" would be doing themselves more harm than good in doing so

For instance, what welfare benefits would they be "entitled to" when the visa requirements to retire in Thailand are far greater than the cut-off point for means tested benefits?

Another thing......where would they live? Relatives/friends? You don't think the councils are under any obligation to house a returning ex-pat, do you?

Plus the fact that they will be liable to things like Value Added Tax (even on domestic fuel, which, btw is going up ANOTHER 16-18% from August, PLUS VAT, don't forget !!!!) Council Tax, Alcohol tax, fuel tax etc, etc.

This septic sceptered isle of ours is, in a word....F*CKED. Getting out, and staying out adds to a persons well-being.

Returning to it on a knee jerk reaction, or on some sort of revenge attack on the powers that be, will end in tears. And those tears won't be shed by those running the place

Penkoprod

I suppose they have to raise the money somehow to pay the pensions and hospital bills. Thank goodness for the Polish immigrants who will take jobs as cleaners and auxiliaries at the hospitals, or think what it would cost?

SC

If you're so unhappy, why don't you try running the country? Anyone can stand to be an MP. Or is it not that important to you?

Did you make your opinion known by writing to your electoral candidates, offering to sell your vote to whoever would cut tax and increase pensions for expats? Or was it not that important to you?

Even if you don't live there, you can still vote for the BNP or Lord Such or whoever might listen to you.

My father had extensive dental work on the NHS last year. He was seen and treated within a couple of months. I couldn't believe how quickly he was treated. He also has knee surgery in a similar time scale. He was unaffected by waiting lists. My mother had cancer a couple of years ago and suffered no delays at all, and received the latest treatment available. I thought I was getting something good with relatively cheap medical care here until I realized it was all free in the Uk.

Dental work is no longer anything close to free, unless (I assume) you are receiving Social Security.

Other than that - sometimes medical treatment is good, sometimes its bad.... But its always free (apart from prescriptions).

Different discussion really. My father was diagnosed with cancer and was given a follow-up appt a couple of months later.... Needless to say he died before his appt.

My ex-husband spent weeks in a Phuket hospital with a constantly changing diagnosis. He went back to the UK and was told everything looks fine, come back in 2 months time....

He came back to Phuket only to need hospital care again. Went back to the UK where (finally) they diagnosed his real problem - something the Phuket hospitals had been unable to achieve.

Actually for an NHS patient there are 3 fees payable depending on work needed - and each step covers all problems and covers up to 6 months of dental work/care. NHS dental charges from 1 April 2011 Band 1 course of treatment – £17.00

This covers an examination, diagnosis (eg X-rays), advice on how to prevent future problems, a scale and polish if needed, and application of fluoride varnish or fissure sealant. If you require urgent care, even if your urgent treatment needs more than one appointment to complete, you will only need to pay one Band 1 charge.

Band 2 course of treatment – £47.00

This covers everything listed in Band 1 above, plus any further treatment such as fillings, root canal work or if your dentist needs to take out one or more of your teeth.

Band 3 course of treatment – £204.00

This covers everything listed in Bands 1 and 2 above, plus crowns, dentures and bridges.

If unemployed, low paid or OAP, then you get a plastic card that gives all the above gratis. It really is a good deal these days (and these are the latest prices - they have risen since last year).

Penkoprod

I suppose they have to raise the money somehow to pay the pensions and hospital bills. Thank goodness for the Polish immigrants who will take jobs as cleaners and auxiliaries at the hospitals, or think what it would cost?

SC

If you're so unhappy, why don't you try running the country? Anyone can stand to be an MP. Or is it not that important to you?

Did you make your opinion known by writing to your electoral candidates, offering to sell your vote to whoever would cut tax and increase pensions for expats? Or was it not that important to you?

Even if you don't live there, you can still vote for the BNP or Lord Such or whoever might listen to you.

Erm Lord Such is dead - but the Monster Raving Loony Party lives on! (unfortunatly so does the BNP - without any seats though). I think most returning pensioners would go live with family for a while then apply for the waiting list based on over crowding etc - as they are vulnerable, they will go quite high in the housing lists - as OAP a lot of the charges you are talking about will be reduced or paid by the state (depending on income - means tested) - same with council tax. VAT on gas/electric is 7% still I think. There are moves to increase VAT proper (probably to 20%) if it hasn't happened already - and it is not charged on basic food, kids clothing/shoes or books, only luxuries (other than household fuel as mentioned). It is truly unfair how pensioners are treated once they leave the UK - they have paid into a system that should pay them out - lets face it if they had been able to opt out of NI and paid into a savings plan instead over that time (including the employers contribution too don't forget) then they would have no worries for income or medical expenses (i.e. good insurance plan) - as they are still paying in, but not using the resources they could well use in old Blighty, they should be encouraged to stay away not penalised! (and no, I am not one of them (a pensioner) - I do not pay NI since I left and never will - I have my pension set up in the form of investments and land, and a good insurance package here!)

//Edit: Just wanted to add that Ronnie Biggs, one of The Great Train Robbers, came back to the UK from Brazil where he had lived for 30 odd years on his stolen cash - becuase he was sick and had run out of cash, so he came home and got the NHS looking after him - then he was returned to prison where he gets everything for free!

Edited by wolf5370

The unfortunate thing is the POOR NHS is being miss used and doing things that it was not set up to do, Like treating health tourists from all over the world , Smokers who have self inflicted deceases, and fat people who just eat to much ,along with Car Accidents that need treatment. Migrants with HIV, alcohol abuse Drugies, and all the rest the list goes on and US the British Public pay for it . let the rants begin

Edited by Thongkorn

In today's UK Daily Mail they are reporting that, in future, even expats on UK pensions will have to pay for their own health care

Can you imagine a United Kingdom full of whinging miserable old British blokes?

"I should be back home in Thailand, but I need to get me dentures sorted..."

"Where's the tarts? Do you know how much it costs for a short time round here? If it weren't for me bypass operation, I'd be on Soi bintabaht right now"

"What, no Chang? You can't even get a decent bottle of piss here, this tastes like beer!"

"Four quid for a packet of fags? I'm going to give up, just to spite the chancellor; and then whose going to die of pneumonia standing outside the pub, eh?"

Thank heavens for the bus passes, though. So we don't need to stand behind them while they fumble for change in the pockets of their overcoat and undercoat and top coat and primer.

I should enjoy a visit home, before they all repatriate.

SC

very topical and funny and true,but must say them bus passes are great,and not only that you get a free daily paper on the bus,never see the red buses in cnx do that lol.

Free news papers on the bus!! No way! And you say these buses are free? You'll be telling us next that they don't drive like lunatics and they sometimes come on time.

ive been out of uk for 18months(in los)back home now went to doctors yesterday,for top up of tablets issued in thailand,told her i lived in thailand,but she insisted i come in for a check up,think she wants me to stay here lol,

They get paid a fee if they give you a check up.

What great timing for the government to say that they won't be taking care of ex-pat pensioners any longer. :bah:

Ranks alongside the pensions freeze that was recently announced :angry:

It is baltently obvious that we are not wanted nor welcome to return to our home country.

I still have a place in the UK as I did not wish to burn all my bridges, but it would now appear that its just not worth going home for any medical treatment, and won't be able to get in when I reach official retirement age...if I live that long. I have a medical condition that currently requires me to spend 4 hours a day in hospital and costs me 9,000 baht a day, I had hoped to go home and maybe get treatment there, but with waiting lists as they are and the fact that my condition is not life theatening means I could be looking at a six month stay, which unless I circumvent the rules could lose me my status as a non-tax payer as far as my savings go. I really don't like being decietful.

Just living expenses would probably be more than what I am paying now for what I consider to be the pretty good healthcare I am currently getting, and who's to say I would get better treatment there anyway? My kids keep on at me to come home and get the problem sorted , but they really have no idea of the implications.

We paid our taxes in full , and the reason it appears that we are targeted is because of the governments lax rules on immigration over the last 20 years or so, and immigrants "rights" so we all get stuffed.

Try that out in Thailand, !!, at least they have got that right, no free healthcare for aliens...why didn't the UK adopt a policy like this years ago? We would never have lost all our rights if they had. Having said that 90% of Thai's could never in a million years afford the treatment I am getting, I had this conversation with my Doctor a few days ago and asked him if an average Thai would be given the anti-biotics I am on, his answer was a catagorigal "No", he said even middle to upper class Thai's would only get basic meds that may never rectify thier condition, so I consider myself very fortunate that I can afford it.

But having said all this I feel really let down by consecutive UK governments that havae allowed the country to get in a mess such as this :annoyed:

Rule (badly) Brittania :ph34r:

What great timing for the government to say that they won't be taking care of ex-pat pensioners any longer. :bah:

Ranks alongside the pensions freeze that was recently announced :angry:

It is baltently obvious that we are not wanted nor welcome to return to our home country.

I still have a place in the UK as I did not wish to burn all my bridges, but it would now appear that its just not worth going home for any medical treatment, and won't be able to get in when I reach official retirement age...if I live that long. I have a medical condition that currently requires me to spend 4 hours a day in hospital and costs me 9,000 baht a day, I had hoped to go home and maybe get treatment there, but with waiting lists as they are and the fact that my condition is not life theatening means I could be looking at a six month stay, which unless I circumvent the rules could lose me my status as a non-tax payer as far as my savings go. I really don't like being decietful.

Just living expenses would probably be more than what I am paying now for what I consider to be the pretty good healthcare I am currently getting, and who's to say I would get better treatment there anyway? My kids keep on at me to come home and get the problem sorted , but they really have no idea of the implications.

We paid our taxes in full , and the reason it appears that we are targeted is because of the governments lax rules on immigration over the last 20 years or so, and immigrants "rights" so we all get stuffed.

Try that out in Thailand, !!, at least they have got that right, no free healthcare for aliens...why didn't the UK adopt a policy like this years ago? We would never have lost all our rights if they had. Having said that 90% of Thai's could never in a million years afford the treatment I am getting, I had this conversation with my Doctor a few days ago and asked him if an average Thai would be given the anti-biotics I am on, his answer was a catagorigal "No", he said even middle to upper class Thai's would only get basic meds that may never rectify thier condition, so I consider myself very fortunate that I can afford it.

But having said all this I feel really let down by consecutive UK governments that havae allowed the country to get in a mess such as this :annoyed:

Rule (badly) Brittania :ph34r:

"But having said all this I feel really let down by consecutive UK governments that havae allowed the country to get in a mess such as this" Erm you do realise just who was in power for thae last 13 years! Hardly fare blaming Conservatives when they just got handed it back after all that time with the economy the worst its been since 1919 and massive debt - bearing in mind that it was the best economy in a cenuraty the Conservatives handed to them back in 1997, which they had built following the winter of discontent and an extreamly poor economy in 1979 and via a world recession, technological revolution (which saw massive unemployment as computers and machinery replaced workers) and the big bang in the 80's.

"But having said all this I feel really let down by consecutive UK governments that havae allowed the country to get in a mess such as this" Erm you do realise just who was in power for thae last 13 years! Hardly fare blaming Conservatives

Consecutive means one after the other, TP is blaming previous Gov'ts as well as the present.

"But having said all this I feel really let down by consecutive UK governments that havae allowed the country to get in a mess such as this" Erm you do realise just who was in power for thae last 13 years! Hardly fare blaming Conservatives

Consecutive means one after the other, TP is blaming previous Gov'ts as well as the present.

laugh.gif Thanks for lifting the mood of this thread moss....if only for a moment. I could go on and on but would soon sound like I was barking...or at least resident there.

My bad - miss-read it as "Conservative" - note to self: read the f$*%#ing post properly - doh!

Last year after being out of the UK for 2 years I fell ill and flew home for treatment, went to the hospital, gave my parents address ( as I have sold my house ) and my old doctors address

Was admitted fixed up over a 3 week stay in hospital, and was never asked for proof of anything.

When I was thinking of coming to live in Thailand I wondered what were the NHS implications, will they fund any visits to hospital in Thailand etc ( bit cheeky,but if you dont ask you dont get). I went to the NHS in Whitehall. I was told that if you spent more than 90 days of the year out of the UK you lose the lot, all your benefits. WHAT!!!!!!!!!! Listen me a moment please. I was born here, I paid all my taxes and NI payments and now you are telling me that I have nothing, but if I come over from Africa and plead poverty or Asylum then you give them the lot!! She said she was not saying that at all and I tols her thats what is sounds like to me! She then told me that when you reach 65 ( might soon be 66 ) you will get everything back on the NHS (though nothing out here, dam_n) So it really is going to be down to your age what you are likely to get. Not very satisfactory, it seems that a lot of what folks from outside the UK have been bringing up his breach of human rights, maybe you can make that work for you,but, then again does not seem to apply to the British does it we have no human rights anymore or rights in what was once our country.

When I was thinking of coming to live in Thailand I wondered what were the NHS implications, will they fund any visits to hospital in Thailand etc ( bit cheeky,but if you dont ask you dont get). I went to the NHS in Whitehall. I was told that if you spent more than 90 days of the year out of the UK you lose the lot, all your benefits. WHAT!!!!!!!!!! Listen me a moment please. I was born here, I paid all my taxes and NI payments and now you are telling me that I have nothing, but if I come over from Africa and plead poverty or Asylum then you give them the lot!! She said she was not saying that at all and I tols her thats what is sounds like to me! She then told me that when you reach 65 ( might soon be 66 ) you will get everything back on the NHS (though nothing out here, dam_n) So it really is going to be down to your age what you are likely to get. Not very satisfactory, it seems that a lot of what folks from outside the UK have been bringing up his breach of human rights, maybe you can make that work for you,but, then again does not seem to apply to the British does it we have no human rights anymore or rights in what was once our country.

One of the truisms of any thread which concerns Brits abroad.

It will inevitably turn into a whiny thread about migrants and their so called 'benefit's over hard working locals.

Of course, the irony is lost on them....

"... and look at these shoes! I've only had 'em three weeks. Even if you complain, no-one listens, so you might as well not bother"

Monty Python

And Alf Garnett, come to that.

SC

ive been out of uk for 18months(in los)back home now went to doctors yesterday,for top up of tablets issued in thailand,told her i lived in thailand,but she insisted i come in for a check up,think she wants me to stay here lol,

Before I moved out here I went to the doctors for the necessary jabs. Thought I would mention the fact that I was moving over here and asked if I would need to be taken off of their register. The surgery managers reply was yes. But only if you tell us. They not only get paid a fee if they check you over. They also get paid by number of patients registered with them.

I think the problem might arise now maybe over the census that they had a while back? Anyone any views on that one.

I also am a fully paid up member of the Uk with 44yrs service and still paying taxes, on let property. It annoy's the hell out of me.

jb1

Before I moved out here I went to the doctors for the necessary jabs. Thought I would mention the fact that I was moving over here and asked if I would need to be taken off of their register. The surgery managers reply was yes. But only if you tell us. They not only get paid a fee if they check you over. They also get paid by number of patients registered with them.

I think the problem might arise now maybe over the census that they had a while back? Anyone any views on that one.

I also am a fully paid up member of the Uk with 44yrs service and still paying taxes, on let property. It annoy's the hell out of me.

jb1

The census is anonymous.

The British government works on a current liabilities basis; today's tax pays today's pensions. So people who paid their tax when there were a lot fewer pensioners than there are now enjoyed a slightly lighter burden than the current UK tax payers.

Middle-aged people in government tend to look kindly on pensioners, since they are more likely to be a pensioner themselves in the future, than to be raising a young family, for example. We should be grateful for all the young Poles and other immigrants willing to come and work in the UK to support our own pensions in the future. If we had any entitlement to such.

Anyway, we get whatever government we vote for and have no-one to blame but ourselves.

SC

To carry on from what OP kicked off with it seems to me that the situation in the near future is likely to be this. We could go back to the UK, live in the cold have a poor quality of life sure in the future that one day we will fall very ill and be comforted in the fact that the NHS might be there for us as we near the end of our mortality.

The option is to live here in the hot with a far better quality of life with one issue to resolve, that of healthcare and how we address it. The health schemes I have seen are expensive, inadeqate and generally pull the plug at 80/85, does not seem a good deal to me. I might just one day go to sleep and toddle off this mortal coil.

What I intend to do is to put a sum away each month to cover emergencies if required, if not then the fund is in a joint account and is left to the other partner.

Team GB does not want us, we are a burden to them, it is very sad that the wealth we helped create for them now not of any note whatsoever, keep watching the goal posts are contsantly changing and they never seem to benefit the indegineous population, more like the Untied Nations. Not my green and pleasant land and just wait till the E U start levying their own taxes on top of the national ones, why would you want to go back?

Edited by nong38

Happily 'they' did let me take with me, all of the money I had worked my whole life to earn, so I did take it when I left ! Their loss !!

And I am now free to spend it educating my kids or buying medical-care or living-the-good-life, as I please ! :drunk:

Edited by Ricardo

A friend of mine has just returned from a short spell in the UK where he was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Because he was not resident in the UK he was told that he would be invoiced for the treatment he received, despite being fully paid up on his NI and he had spent his life serving Queen and country in the British army. He is now back in Thailand and there is no chance that the invoice will be paid.

However, he did say that he could not fault the expert treatment and that there was no waiting list nonsense whatsoever.

I needed an operation for cancer back in 2006, and I can say that the work up to the op was excellent, lots of MRI, CT and Bone scans etc. The op was OK too/ However, the hospital ( major London NHS hospital ) stay was a nightmare with just plain BAD staff. That I survived without contracting a disease from the filthy toilet facilities was luck. Another patient had the same op as me on same day, and when I saw him a week after, he had developed a wound infection. IMO everything except the hospital stay was excellent. As a registered nurse of over 20 years service, I was horrified with my care. Won't go into it more now, but you'd be better off in a good Thai hospital.

Last year after being out of the UK for 2 years I fell ill and flew home for treatment, went to the hospital, gave my parents address ( as I have sold my house ) and my old doctors address

Was admitted fixed up over a 3 week stay in hospital, and was never asked for proof of anything.

While working at a London NHS hospital, I was constantly astounded at how many elderly non English speaking, obviously never worked/ paid tax in the UK foreigners were treated at UK taxpayer expense. Whenever I queried it, I was told that the administration were not permitted to query a patients elegibility for treatment.

There were also many reports within the staff ( not verified by myself ) that overseas patients would fly in, see a 'friendly" GP and be referred to the NHS for free treatment.

Used to make me sick- paying high taxes for them to be abused by corrupt patients.

While working at a London NHS hospital, I was constantly astounded at how many elderly non English speaking, obviously never worked/ paid tax in the UK foreigners were treated at UK taxpayer expense. Whenever I queried it, I was told that the administration were not permitted to query a patients elegibility for treatment.

There were also many reports within the staff ( not verified by myself ) that overseas patients would fly in, see a 'friendly" GP and be referred to the NHS for free treatment.

Used to make me sick- paying high taxes for them to be abused by corrupt patients.

You know it is very sad what has happened to the UK, 100 years ago we virtually ran the world now look at the state of the place, my friends we are better off here enjoying a relatively peaceful life. I have no problem trying to fit in with the Thais and they seem to accept me too. If I wre back home I would be having to fit in with rif raf they have acquired because they wont fit in with the locals, I have fond memories of what was once my but, this is my home now and no regrets.

You know it is very sad what has happened to the UK, 100 years ago we virtually ran the world now look at the state of the place, my friends we are better off here enjoying a relatively peaceful life. I have no problem trying to fit in with the Thais and they seem to accept me too. If I wre back home I would be having to fit in with rif raf they have acquired because they wont fit in with the locals, I have fond memories of what was once my but, this is my home now and no regrets.

Even the nostalgia's not what it used to be...

I blame it on decimalisation and colour television.

SC

Something else you should be aware of is that last year everybody on a doctors patient list was sent a letter to ask if they could put your information onto the national data base, (or whatever it is called). If you did not reply to this letter in a timely fashion, questions would be asked at the doctor's surgey where you are a patient. I know, because it happened to me. I just asked the doctor if he would like to pop down to my house for a cup of tea, to prove I was still resident in the UK.

Alan

You've got this one wrong sir.......you are treated by your local NHS district ( board ). They work on very tight and limited budgets, they are entitled to know that you are their financial responsibility, and not the next districts.

Each NHS board has the flexibility to spend it's funds according to the needs of the LOCAL POPULATION !! For example, there may be a need for more cardiac units in Glasgow, but a need for more geriatric care in Bournemouth. The local board decides what capital projects are necessary, and where the funding should go. Your an example of the kind of person that the NHS comes across every day, "Fast with an opinion, Slow with the Facts".

So in future just respond to the letter requiring up to date info on you, and don't get smart mouthed with over-worked doctors.

If you turn up for emergency treatment there will be no questions.

Not sure about signing up with a Dr on your return,

as all other treatment needs a referal from a GP.