Headlight Adjustment

Bagwan

Is there such a thing as a garage in the Pattaya area who uses a kosher headlight alignment checker? When I asked my usually reliable garage they looked askance. I could carry out the required adjustments after all it isn't rocket science, but I suffer from congenital laziness.. So lazy in fact that I can;t be bothered to tell my wife to read up and do it.

Anybody know of one?

Edited by Bagwan

it's not rocket science. go out at night and find a level soi / parking lot and just aim the beams

at the side of a building or wall, maybe 50ft away. adjust up-down and left-right usually by turning

screws on the top and side of the lamps. it's a regular requirement for most safety inspections but

we don't have that here as far as i know. especially the new generation of tungsten-halogen-blue

tinted watchtower lamps, if the high-beams are off, i imagine that must be seriously annoying. :annoyed:

oh, xenon gas high-intensity-discharge, thats the new thing. and can be retro-fitted on most cars. i

imagine maybe the dealership might a proper special headlamp adjustment set-up but you probably won't

find it anywhere else. by that i mean a "high-end" new car dealer. yeah, just get the wife to do it. :lol:

Edited by cali4995

Many thanks for information. The only check that has been carried out on my venerable NV is that the brakes and lights operate. Usually get the nod through although I don't offer a tip.

Now to find a Krypton tuning machine.

Edited by Bagwan

Many thanks for information. The only check that has been carried out on my venerable NV is that the brakes and lights operate. Usually get the nod through although I don't offer a tip.

Now to find a Krypton tuning machine.

yes with all the accidents relating to "brake failure" or other systems "catastropic failure"

i rather doubt if they do much other than to see if the bulbs "light-up" when switched on. :lol:

or that the brake pedal doesn't fully go to the floor when depressed. and it has 4 wheels. :unsure:

Edited by cali4995