Any Reports On The New Lady Dermatologist At Ram1?

jaideeguy

Just returned from a visit with the new lady dermatologist in Ram 1 and If you thought that Dr V was a beautiful and good dr, You will be impressed with this new Dr. CHATBONCKCICH KHEMACHBEWAKUL. more beautiful and quite thurough and cheap as well. She froze 4 or 5 thingies off my face and charge for liquid nitrogen was only 240thb on top of her consultation fee of 300. Checked me out all over and that was quite fun. I would highly recomend her, but challenge you to pronounce her name........

Didn't think that she was that beautiful.

She froze about 10 spots and did an inspection, bill was 2,600 Baht. Consultation 500, liquid nitrogen treatment 2000(300 baht per spot discounted) misc 100.

I will be checking our Sripat hoping for a more reasonable price.

Wow, 2,600 is quite high. maybe I hit her on a good day or maybe she fell for my 'pakwahn' and gave me the discount?? or maybe she just liked my caratosis[sp?]. As far as her beauty......it's a good thing that we all have diferent tastes....i thought she was the most beautiful dr in the whole hospital.

Yes, looks are certainly high on one's list when it comes to finding medical doctors who have the best skill levels. And not just doctors, lawyers as well are bound to be best informed and better represent the customer if they are good looking..

Youth too; the gods forbid one end up with a teaching professional physician or advocate of considerable experience and remarkable knowledge.

I know I never recommend a health care provider who is not good looking; what would be the point?

I repeat....[looks and age aside] she was a very professional and thurough physican and her good looks were just 'icing on the cake'. I've seen at least 10 different dermatologists over the last 25 yrs in Asia and I would rate her at least as high as Dr V?, sho's position she assumed at Ram.

I have in the past seen the head male derma dr at Ram1 and IMHO....he was a 'quack'.

re ... elecrtrifieds .... 199 Thanon Moon Muang - near Sompet Market

here .... 150 yards to the left of the cafe ... right next to the car lot

dave2

But, does he have liquid nitrogen??....the stuff that is usually not available outside of a hospital that 'freezes' the unwanted thingies off our fragile falang skin.

I can't make it any more clear. He has clinics at Ram and Sripat. I think all hospitals have liquid nitrogen. Why not call him and ask him?

Isn't that what these forums are about?? sharing info and experiences and we all know how frustrating a phone call to a Thai can be, so that's why I asked that simple question......You were promoting the guy and I just asked a simple question and your answer is 'give him a call'.......easily done in the west, but not so easy here.

Thanks....

A rude reply. Call.

What a bunch of ridiculous responses regarding a dermatology doctor. Can't get an appointment, have to wait 90 minutes, do they use nitrous???!!!! As far as I'm concerned there are no quality doctors for dermatolgy in CM. Poor diagnosis telling me I had skin cancer and they wanted to do op. Twice a year I go to Bumrungrad Hosp in BKK, my appointment in ON TIME, my doctor is more thorough than any doctor I saw in the US. My most recent visit I had a biopsy that came back positive - so had to see plastic surgeon for removal and skin transplant. Everything on time, efficient...and BUPA paid. You folks who run around for skin problems that might be serious so you can save a little money....well it's your life. Last guy who went to Ran got a lousy diagnosis, went back to the US and had 1/2 of his ear removed....melanoma...and not diagnosed correctly at Ram...it's your choice. At Bumrungrad you can look up any doctor and see their credentials. What's the price for 1/2 of your ear???

Ricardofel 8 years ago I worked in Bangkok. Went to Bumrungrad for a skin check as I was, and still am, a chronic sufferer from too much exposure to the sun in my younger days. I saw a dermatologist who ,after a thorough check assured me meI was OK. 1 month later I am in Australia and still concerned about a mole that appeared to be changing color. Next day I was in surgery having a melanoma,in an advanced stage, removed ,my second. So you can pump up Bumrungrad all you like but mistakes get made by Doctors,with credentials, in all hospitals.Its a very sweeping statement that there are no quality dermatologists in CM.That is only your opinion and I'm sure there are many here who will disagree with you.

Ricardofel 8 years ago I worked in Bangkok. Went to Bumrungrad for a skin check as I was, and still am, a chronic sufferer from too much exposure to the sun in my younger days. I saw a dermatologist who ,after a thorough check assured me meI was OK. 1 month later I am in Australia and still concerned about a mole that appeared to be changing color. Next day I was in surgery having a melanoma,in an advanced stage, removed ,my second. So you can pump up Bumrungrad all you like but mistakes get made by Doctors,with credentials, in all hospitals.Its a very sweeping statement that there are no quality dermatologists in CM.That is only your opinion and I'm sure there are many here who will disagree with you.

You are right...only my opinion from my experiences at both hospitals. It also depends on the doctor you choose. I would never go to a young doctor who has less experience........anyway....only my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

Just returned from a visit with the new lady dermatologist in Ram 1

I went to see her today to look at a lesion on my neck that gets in the way of shaving and just isn't going away. Also, some large lesions on my back. Have to say it was a good thing they took my blood pressure before I saw her - absolutely lovely. ;) Main reason for seeing her specifically was her schedule and the fact a male doctor stood me up on my appointment (plus reviews here).

Her English is excellent and very easy to talk with, not intimidating as some male doctors, and explains everything and willing to listen to your questions and concerns. Due to the irritation of the lesion on my neck I have to come back in a week for a biopsy after it heals - no shaving there now. Those on my back were just large moles that she said do increase in size with age. In my case, one of them puts me around 110 years old. :D

Because of the size she used the laser to remove them and took several minutes for each (had only two of the largest ones done). She injected the sites to numb them and I barely noticed the injection and zero feeling of the laser burning away.

Highly recommend her.

BTW - when I started speaking Thai later, the Doc and nurses all switched to Thai also and become quite chatty with me. :D

The cost may seem a bit steep to some but the service and professionalism is sometimes worth the extra. I need a saline cleaning solution, an anti-bacterial ointment and dressing bandages as it needs changed twice a day. She asked me if I wished to buy them at the hospital or outside. Guess she hasn't got the memo yet. :)

Breakdown:

For her:

300 - consult and evaluation

600 - doing the laser procedure

Hospital:

312 - medications

900 - CO2 laser use

100 - General medical equipment

xxx - the other small odds and ends

2231.00 after my automatic deduction.

If you are happy with the quality of treatment you received, I would say 2,231 Baht is not expensive.

It's about 45 quid sterling and you might be lucky just to talk to her privately in the UK. for that price!

If you are happy with the quality of treatment you received, I would say 2,231 Baht is not expensive.

It's about 45 quid sterling and you might be lucky just to talk to her privately in the UK. for that price!

Honestly, I started to pull out my credit card expecting the worse only to see the bill and had plenty of cash to cover it.

Just returned from a visit with the new lady dermatologist in Ram 1

I went to see her today to look at a lesion on my neck that gets in the way of shaving and just isn't going away. Also, some large lesions on my back. Have to say it was a good thing they took my blood pressure before I saw her - absolutely lovely. ;) Main reason for seeing her specifically was her schedule and the fact a male doctor stood me up on my appointment (plus reviews here).

Her English is excellent and very easy to talk with, not intimidating as some male doctors, and explains everything and willing to listen to your questions and concerns. Due to the irritation of the lesion on my neck I have to come back in a week for a biopsy after it heals - no shaving there now. Those on my back were just large moles that she said do increase in size with age. In my case, one of them puts me around 110 years old. :D

Because of the size she used the laser to remove them and took several minutes for each (had only two of the largest ones done). She injected the sites to numb them and I barely noticed the injection and zero feeling of the laser burning away.

Highly recommend her.

BTW - when I started speaking Thai later, the Doc and nurses all switched to Thai also and become quite chatty with me. :D

The cost may seem a bit steep to some but the service and professionalism is sometimes worth the extra. I need a saline cleaning solution, an anti-bacterial ointment and dressing bandages as it needs changed twice a day. She asked me if I wished to buy them at the hospital or outside. Guess she hasn't got the memo yet. :)

Breakdown:

For her:

300 - consult and evaluation

600 - doing the laser procedure

Hospital:

312 - medications

900 - CO2 laser use

100 - General medical equipment

xxx - the other small odds and ends

Have to say it was a good thing they took my blood pressure before I saw her - absolutely lovely

Any photos? :rolleyes:

Just returned from a visit with the new lady dermatologist in Ram 1 and If you thought that Dr V was a beautiful and good dr, You will be impressed with this new Dr. CHATBONCKCICH KHEMACHBEWAKUL. more beautiful and quite thurough and cheap as well. She froze 4 or 5 thingies off my face and charge for liquid nitrogen was only 240thb on top of her consultation fee of 300. Checked me out all over and that was quite fun. I would highly recomend her, but challenge you to pronounce her name........

Didn't think that she was that beautiful.

She froze about 10 spots and did an inspection, bill was 2,600 Baht. Consultation 500, liquid nitrogen treatment 2000(300 baht per spot discounted) misc 100.

I will be checking our Sripat hoping for a more reasonable price.

Following up.......

After paying the above bill, I promptly went back and spoke with her about it, giving her my opinion that it was high.

Along with some "explanation" she said that my follow up visit would be free if no treatment was required.

After some internal debate, I decided to go to my follow up appointment. She found that additional treatment was required and said there would be no charge. Good.

The additional treatment involved some more nitrogen treatment on one spot she treated before plus treatment on about 9 other spots which she did not treat the first visit two weeks before. I am sure they all did not appear in the two week interval and that most of them were there when she did the first treatment. She did acknowledge that she had missed some places the first time.

Why are many posters here so concerned about the physical appearance of physicians and --- it seems -- such cheap charlies?

It is all just to give people like you something to twitch about.

Thanks for your helpful on topic post. Your demonstration of understanding the influence of sex and money on people is enlightening.