Hilton Buffet

ciaociao

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would you class this place as kid friendly......

Any play areas or is it all upmarket ?

I sincerely hope that anyone under 16 is completely banned. Nothing worse than hearing brats misbehaving when you're trying to enjoy a nice meal, especially if you have paid 300B for it.

From another forum:

300B++. 12th floor.

Monday = sushi

Tuesday = Italian

Wednesday = soup and salad bar

Thursday = Asian noodles

Friday = seafood

Saturday = dessert and ala Carte menu

Sunday = Sunday Brunch and carvery 1200b, not 300b!!!

Along with the plague and biblical swarms of locusts etc there really cant be anything worse than families. They reduce eveything to mediocrity and banality, with an offensive soundtrack as an unwelcome bonus.

300 all week M-Th

400 Friday

A shame but not surprising. The only one I liked the sound of was the seafood Friday one, but for 400++ I think I would rather go to the Thai open-air place in South Rd twice and have a beer each time! Or even the hotpot buffet in Central, for 285.

Will certainly go and look at the Hilton next Friday though, just to see what they have.

Been there a few times. Hi-so places with hi-so prices are not really my idea of a good meal. Sorry, just my view.

The desserts were the only thing with any creativity, and these were ''fair to middling''

300 all week M-Th

400 Friday

A shame but not surprising. The only one I liked the sound of was the seafood Friday one, but for 400++ I think I would rather go to the Thai open-air place in South Rd twice and have a beer each time! Or even the hotpot buffet in Central, for 285.

Will certainly go and look at the Hilton next Friday though, just to see what they have.

Good... i will be there with ALL my kids...

Would you class this place as kid friendly......

Any play areas or is it all upmarket ?

I sincerely hope that anyone under 16 is completely banned. Nothing worse than hearing brats misbehaving when you're trying to enjoy a nice meal, especially if you have paid 300B for it.

Yes, at the humongous price of 300 Baht it better be as quiet at a library!

At 300 baht, it is a very good deal. Order water for 30 baht, or something like that. The tea is excellent and comes in a full pot, and at 120 baht or so, is not going to break the bank.

The desserts are very good, and there are a wide variety to choose from.

The ambiance is excellent. Starbucks is more expensive because of the environs, and so the Hilton is as well, and is well worth it for a few baht.

Select the day which is most appropriate for you; I went on a Friday and do not eat seafood, so my choices were limited but that would not stop me from returning.

I have also eaten dinner there and at 700 baht, although more than I would usually pay, I would not complain if someone suggested going there one night. The food quality is excellent and there is more than enough variety for anyone.

The service, something which is missing in most restaurants here, is better than anywhere I have experienced here in a long time.

Although there were children there, they seemed to be very well behaved, a lot better than I was at their age.

I have yet to meet anyone who has been there only once.

At 300 baht, it is a very good deal. Order water for 30 baht, or something like that. The tea is excellent and comes in a full pot, and at 120 baht or so, is not going to break the bank.

I have yet to meet anyone who has been there only once.

All that ++ sounds expensive to me, compared to what is available elsewhere.

You may have just met someone who hasnt been once and isnt going to.

Especially as it seems I can be sure of not seeing any screaming kids in those other places, as they will all be at the Hilton. :lol:

My buddha some of you blokes have got a pot to piss in if you think 300 baht is expensive. My lunch today was 1,200.

My challah, think you mean we DON'T have a pot to piss in.

Anyway, 1200 baht for lunch, sure, if it's WORTH it!

Still not clear on what the food is actually like on this 300 baht buffet. A noticeable lack of DETAIL in the reports. Guess I'll have to check it myself.

My buddha some of you blokes have got a pot to piss in if you think 300 baht is expensive. My lunch today was 1,200.

Still not clear on what the food is actually like on this 300 baht buffet. A noticeable lack of DETAIL in the reports. Guess I'll have to check it myself.

I stand corrected

Lunch was a delight. Tandoori bbq fish, butter chicken, daal and keema naan washed down with Kingfisher beer.

I have eaten the buffet at the Hilton and for 300 baht it is fantastic...a wide range of quality food, salad, cheeses, international cuisine, desserts and good coffee

I stand corrected

Lunch was a delight. Tandoori bbq fish, butter chicken, daal and keema naan washed down with Kingfisher beer.

I have eaten the buffet at the Hilton and for 300 baht it is fantastic...a wide range of quality food, salad, cheeses, international cuisine, desserts and good coffee

How does the 300 baht Hilton buffet compare to the Apex buffet that I last paid 180 baht for (it may have gone up recently)?

My buddha some of you blokes ain't got a pot to piss in if you think 300 baht is expensive. My lunch today was 1,200.

300 isnt expensive. 400++ seems comparatively expensive for farang food that I dont particularly like, when much tastier cheaper food is available elsewhere locally.

I used to spend the equivalent of 1000B or more on lunch regularly back in Europe. I never would here though as I would be full before I eat 250B worth. That's the beauty of living here.

That's what I think anyway. You have your own pot and you can do what you like in it. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:The hilton is 5 star hotel. The Apex is a 1 star hotel. Which would have better food??B)

I stand corrected

How does the 300 baht Hilton buffet compare to the Apex buffet that I last paid 180 baht for (it may have gone up recently)?