Hilton Buffet

ciaociao

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How does the 300 baht Hilton buffet compare to the Apex buffet that I last paid 180 baht for (it may have gone up recently)?

one is Bentley, the other one Honda Jazz.

You are too kind to the Pattaya Hilton, which compared to other Hiltons is more like a Toyota Camry.

How does the 300 baht Hilton buffet compare to the Apex buffet that I last paid 180 baht for (it may have gone up recently)?

You are too kind to the Pattaya Hilton, which compared to other Hiltons is more like a Toyota Camry.

Not sure I agree with that. We had a tour with the Asst. GM a few months ago. Got a complete tour. Very nice hotel with some really nice touches. I've probably stayed in close to 100 Hiltons worldwide...this one is pretty nice.

Not sure I agree with that. We had a tour with the Asst. GM a few months ago. Got a complete tour. Very nice hotel with some really nice touches. I've probably stayed in close to 100 Hiltons worldwide...this one is pretty nice.

It is subjective, but I beg to differ. The standard of finishing at Pattaya Hilton is pretty cheap, if you look carefully. Even that Flare restaurant...lots of curtains to hide a very ugly/cheap interior. I guess something like KL Hilton is much more classy, in my humble opinion. But I guess it boils down to personal tastes?

Edited by doggie888888

I have eaten here 3 or 4 times and find well worth the price. Quality food. It has always been 300bt and no ++, Last time I ate there was June 10th, Friday buffet and it was 300baht and no ++. I would advise to make reservation for the Friday sea food.

I have eaten here 3 or 4 times and find well worth the price. Quality food. It has always been 300bt and no ++, Last time I ate there was June 10th, Friday buffet and it was 300baht and no ++. I would advise to make reservation for the Friday sea food.

The Friday seafood buffet is now 400 baht.

The Friday seafood buffet is now 400 baht.

Thanks for that Michaelaway. Did they also start adding on the ++? The biggest seller they had that last time I was there was the unlimited peeled shrimp which everyone was loading up on.

The Thai buffet is excellent, and good value. the Italian and Seafood are OK

The ambience is is non existent. The whole place is cheap and tacky and already falling to bits.Cheapen the Hilton brand

Certain expats appear to have bought season tickets to the same seats

I've been to the evening buffet a few times (700B), pretty good. I do agree with the above posting about the poor finishing. If you look up from the balcony you can see the poor condition of the facade, all scratched and stuff.

Presumably we are talking about the Hilton on the top of Central Festival? If its a shoddily constructed as the mall it must be pretty bad. And I won't resurrect the thread about the builders appearing to have left out the floor-to-support concrete rebar in the basement car park.... Which incidentally has to be the worst designed car park in the world.

The Thai buffet is excellent, and good value. the Italian and Seafood are OK

The ambience is is non existent. The whole place is cheap and tacky and already falling to bits.Cheapen the Hilton brand

Certain expats appear to have bought season tickets to the same seats

By Thai buffet, do you mean the "Asian noodles" day? Is it just noodles? Sounds expensive for mostly noodles ...

My buddha some of you blokes have got a pot to piss in if you think 300 baht is expensive. My lunch today was 1,200.

My challah, think you mean we DON'T have a pot to piss in.

Anyway, 1200 baht for lunch, sure, if it's WORTH it!

Still not clear on what the food is actually like on this 300 baht buffet. A noticeable lack of DETAIL in the reports. Guess I'll have to check it myself.

Good idea, and remember: A picture is worth 1,000 words ;)

OT

I have eaten at the Edge Buffet at Hilton more than 20 times.

Today I ate a breakfast buffet at Casa Pascal. Delicous!

All the people at my table LOVED it!!!!!!

Amazing food...smiling staff...Great price included drinks.

I will be back.

Edited by IAMSOBAD

My buddha some of you blokes have got a pot to piss in if you think 300 baht is expensive. My lunch today was 1,200.

Still not clear on what the food is actually like on this 300 baht buffet. A noticeable lack of DETAIL in the reports. Guess I'll have to check it myself.

I stand corrected

Lunch was a delight. Tandoori bbq fish, butter chicken, daal and keema naan washed down with Kingfisher beer.

I have eaten the buffet at the Hilton and for 300 baht it is fantastic...a wide range of quality food, salad, cheeses, international cuisine, desserts and good coffee

You paid B1200 for Indian food...you was robbed!

I stand corrected

Lunch was a delight. Tandoori bbq fish, butter chicken, daal and keema naan washed down with Kingfisher beer.

I have eaten the buffet at the Hilton and for 300 baht it is fantastic...a wide range of quality food, salad, cheeses, international cuisine, desserts and good coffee

You paid B1200 for Indian food...you was robbed!

Hardly. The restaurant is rated as the best in bkk and the beer was imported. Value for money I say.

My buddha some of you blokes ain't got a pot to piss in if you think 300 baht is expensive. My lunch today was 1,200.

I do have a very large pot to piss in (the wife uses the toilet) but if you think paying 1200 baht for lunch in Thailand is good value ,you have more money than sense(no offence intended)

just make sure Darrel is there first....

My kids love running up and down restaurant aisles screaming. Reckon I will give the Hilton a try at a paltry 300 baht a pop. I can take the kids there every day

I would like to suggest that everyone with children take them to the Hilton buffet and that expensive Indian place in BKK every day as that way I will be certain to enjoy a nice, quiet, cheap meal in all the places I go to. :)

I thought Kingfisher Beer was the India equivalent of Chang. blink.gif

In Britain Stella Artois is marketed (and priced) as a premium brand.

In mainland Europe it is considered to be a cheap mass-market brand which is hardly surprising, given that it is made by Interbrew.

My buddha some of you blokes ain't got a pot to piss in if you think 300 baht is expensive. My lunch today was 1,200.

I do have a very large pot to piss in (the wife uses the toilet) but if you think paying 1200 baht for lunch in Thailand is good value ,you have more money than sense(no offence intended)

Hmm. Where did I describe 1,200 baht as 'good value'? Let me make it easy for you as you are clearly struggling. Imported beer was 200 baht a pop x 2 + VAT and service takes it to approx 500 for 2 beers. Then, my share of several dishes adds up to 1,200 baht a head.

You must understand that not everyone is satisfied with eating at roadside food stalls, or 2 star Pattaya hotel buffets. There are other places in the world where people pay hundreds of dollars for a meal. I am on a good salary, with a healthy expense account so I am happy to splash occasionally. By all means, stay on your bread and water diet if it pleases you

It is subjective, but I beg to differ. The standard of finishing at Pattaya Hilton is pretty cheap, if you look carefully. Even that Flare restaurant...lots of curtains to hide a very ugly/cheap interior. I guess something like KL Hilton is much more classy, in my humble opinion. But I guess it boils down to personal tastes?

we are talking about food in this thread and not about playing hide and seek behind curtains :ph34r:

Hmm. Where did I describe 1,200 baht as 'good value'? Let me make it easy for you as you are clearly struggling. Imported beer was 200 baht a pop x 2 + VAT and service takes it to approx 500 for 2 beers. Then, my share of several dishes adds up to 1,200 baht a head.

You must understand that not everyone is satisfied with eating at roadside food stalls, or 2 star Pattaya hotel buffets. There are other places in the world where people pay hundreds of dollars for a meal. I am on a good salary, with a healthy expense account so I am happy to splash occasionally. By all means, stay on your bread and water diet if it pleases you

Good value, value for money, these of course are relative perceptions. For example, you can often buy a better plate of pad Thai in a street stall for 40 baht than a 300 baht charge in a Hiso restaurant. For some people, the inflate might be worth it if they personally value the fancy ambiance and service. Not many though!

Good value, value for money, these of course are relative perceptions. For example, you can often buy a better plate of pad Thai in a street stall for 40 baht than a 300 baht charge in a Hiso restaurant. For some people, the inflate might be worth it if they personally value the fancy ambiance and service. Not many though!

I've had plenty of lousy 40B plates of pad thai in a street stall. Watching them kinda wash the plates in a tub with cold water and sitting next to many others on a plastic chair and eating off a worn out metal table. No ambiance for sure.

I think somewhere in between is not a bad place to be????

....sitting next to many others on a plastic chair and eating off a worn out metal table. No ambiance for sure.

That is ambiance. Not farang ambiance, but ambiance all the same. Some people travel half way round the world just to enjoy that authentic ambiance and to escape from the synthetic laminated farang type that one probably finds in the Hilton.

....sitting next to many others on a plastic chair and eating off a worn out metal table. No ambiance for sure.

That is ambiance. Not farang ambiance, but ambiance all the same. Some people travel half way round the world just to enjoy that authentic ambiance and to escape from the synthetic laminated farang type that one probably finds in the Hilton.

Agreed. And at first I also loved it. But after 10 years, it does get old. Sitting on the Hilton's outdoor terrace with those amazing views is hardly synthetic? Pretty awesome.

Sitting on the Hilton's outdoor terrace with those amazing views is hardly synthetic?

No, but not exactly Hilton ambiance either. The view is a result of the location, not the brand name.

I was thinking more of the inside of the place.