Shipping Personal Items From Thailand To Philippines

jaideeguy

Used to be that 'unaccompanied baggage' was the cheapest, fastest and safest way to ship a couple of large suitcases, but I don't think that they do that any more, as my last over minimum weight bag, philippine air wanted $75.

Are there any shipping services that can get a box over in a couple of weeks?? LBC [a Philippine shipping company] doesn't have a presence here in LOS.

Any suggestions???

Balikbayan boxes are being sent all the time, but they are similar in price. I personally don't have a number for you to call but ask around among the Filipinos. Go to any catholic church on sunday and there will be lots of answers for you among them there. Usually most bigger towns have some kind of Filipino organization that will help.Balikbayan boxes take more like a month to get there though.

Edited by bunta71

I've seen a service at swampy that looks like it's unaccompanied baggage.

At least they claim to be cheaper than excess baggage.

It may be worth checking out or if any TV members are passing through departures in the next few days (I'll be there on 9 July) and can check and report for you.

It's in the check in hall at the back along the Air Asia check in rows (D / E I think?). I think there's an oversize bag check in around there.

I've seen a service at swampy that looks like it's unaccompanied baggage.

At least they claim to be cheaper than excess baggage.

It may be worth checking out or if any TV members are passing through departures in the next few days (I'll be there on 9 July) and can check and report for you.

It's in the check in hall at the back along the Air Asia check in rows (D / E I think?). I think there's an oversize bag check in around there.

Yeah, I remember seeing a sign saying 'unaccompanied baggage' there the last time I past thru, but if you have the time, could you please ask there for me.....how much would 2 25kilo boxes/suitcases cost BKK/MNL and I'll be flying on PAL at the end of july. Would be good to know in advance. Thanks in advance PP.