Beware - New Visa Application Charges Fri 1 July

All potential Australian visa applicants should note that new visa application charges come into effect this Friday (1 July, 2011). Any visa applications submitted without the correct visa application charge will be an invalid application.

Also keep in mind that the DIAC deemed AUDTHB exchange rate will be adjusted on this day too, and given the recent strength of the AUD$ I am predicting a significant increase in visa application charges where they are paid for in Thailand. It should be remembered that just because an application has to be lodged offshore, this does not mean that the visa application charge cannot be paid for in Australia. In some circumstances this can save you a lot of money.

Current Visa Application Charges

Tourist (subclass 676) - AUD$105 (THB3250)

Partner (subclass 309&100) - AUD$1735 (THB54050)

Prospective Marriage (subclass 300) - AUD$1735 (THB54050)

I will post the new charges on Friday.

Bridge

Thanks very much for the heads up,

For once luck was on our side as we just submitted an application yesterday ( 29th )

Didnt know about the change but glad to save any money possible.

AS I predicted a few days ago there have unfortunately been some large hikes in DIAC Visa Application Charges:

New Visa Application Charges (effective from today 1 July, 2011)

Tourist (subclass 676) - WAS AUD$105 (THB3250)- NOW AUD$110 THB3650

Partner (subclass 309&100) - WAS AUD$1735 (THB54050)- NOW AUD$1995 THB66150

Prospective Marriage (subclass 300) - WAS AUD$1735 (THB54050) - NOW AUD$1995 THB66150

Just a few observations:

If paying in Thailand (THB) the increase in the VAC of THB12100 is a massive 22.39%

If paying Australia (AUD) the increase is the VAC of $260 is a still high at 14.99%

Before paying a VAC I recommended checking the AUDTHB exchange rate of the day. Depending on the rate it may be better to pay in Oz or Thailand.

Bridge

AS I predicted a few days ago there have unfortunately been some large hikes in DIAC Visa Application Charges:

New Visa Application Charges (effective from today 1 July, 2011)

Tourist (subclass 676) - WAS AUD$105 (THB3250)- NOW AUD$110 THB3650

Partner (subclass 309&100) - WAS AUD$1735 (THB54050)- NOW AUD$1995 THB66150

Prospective Marriage (subclass 300) - WAS AUD$1735 (THB54050) - NOW AUD$1995 THB66150

Just a few observations:

If paying in Thailand (THB) the increase in the VAC of THB12100 is a massive 22.39%

If paying Australia (AUD) the increase is the VAC of $260 is a still high at 14.99%

Before paying a VAC I recommended checking the AUDTHB exchange rate of the day. Depending on the rate it may be better to pay in Oz or Thailand.

Bridge

Still not as big as the rise back in the mid to late 90's......went from about $440 to $1400 overnight :)

Sooo the dollar has risen against the baht steadily over the last year. They process everything in Bangkok (and pay in baht I guess). The processing time has gone from 3 months to 10 months this year. And now they rip you a new one for an extra 22% cost!

Well done Australia. The land of the okker, the land of the unconscionable ripoff. How can they justify this?

Sooo the dollar has risen against the baht steadily over the last year. They process everything in Bangkok (and pay in baht I guess). The processing time has gone from 3 months to 10 months this year. And now they rip you a new one for an extra 22% cost!

Well done Australia. The land of the okker, the land of the unconscionable ripoff. How can they justify this?

My wife and I are applying at the end of the month. This is a real kick in the guts. Does anyone know if the processing time of all cases is now 10 months? My wife is Filipino and we have an 8 month old son who is an Australian citizen by descent and he has an Australian passport. Would these circumstances shorten the processing time?