How To Get True Visions Tv At Home

davejonesbkk

How does one sign up for True Visions? What is the minimum contract period?

How quickly can they come and have it all setup by?

I already have the following True packages/products:

True Online for home internet - 10mbps package

True Move phone with unlimited Edge per month

I also purchase a True Wifi 30 day card for 500 baht each month for working on my laptop in Starbucks etc

If I get Truevisions too can I combine these all into 1 package and get a better price?

Just go to any True Service Center or True Outlet and signup. Shouldn't be any different than how you signed up for TrueOnline and TrueMove, unless those accounts are really under someone else's name. A year's contract will normally apply, to include deposit per set top box (2,000 baht/box) and a small installation fee. Normally, you get hooked up well within a week...normally within 3 to 4 days based on my TrueVisions DSTV (dish) and CATV (cable) experience. I don't think True does combined packages/combined billing...each service is completely separate. Sometimes they have some promotions where if you sign up for this and that service, you'll get a reduced installation fee or a few months reduced price on this or that service, but it's still separate packages/billing when the dust settles.

Here's a TrueVision web page for more info, packages, prices, signup, etc. http://www.truevisio...ice.aspx?id=110 Good luck.

You purchase a 500 baht card for wifi every month?

I subscribe to their 16 Mb ADSL package in Pattaya, and I get the WiFi free, I use the same log-in for the WiFi as I enter into the home router.

may be worth checking if you;re also entitled to the free WiFi

Get it after raining season ... when raining the cable is off ... :(

That's going to depend on the quality of your local cable lines/equipment...generally rain should not affect a cable TV signal. Just a few weeks ago True finished installing cable TV and internet in my western Bangkok moobaan. I had TrueVisions DSTV (i.e., uses a satellite dish) but switched to their CATV (cable TV) and cable internet (20Mb...but could have went to 100Mb). The TV and internet ride on the same cable line. Exact same TV channels/programming and monthly cost on DSTV and CATV. Anyway, with DSTV during heavy rain the signal would go s bye-bye for at least a few minutes due to rainfade and I always had some background interference on the DSTV rain or shine. I've had several rain storms since switching to TrueVisions CATV and the signal has remained rock steady...signal strength didn't change even one DB during the storms....plus the CATV picture is significantly clearer 24/7, rain or shine than DSTV....I can see no picture interference on the CATV. The internet has been rock steady also. So far, so good with True cable TV and internet (knock on wood/my head)...but I do wish their TV programming was better and most of the farang movies not so durn old.