Can A Thai Get An International Driving License

Richb2004v2

We are soon to leave Thailand for the Uk. Before we go my wife would like to get an international driving license. The last time she got one from Bangkok. This time we would rather not bother with a trip there if unnecessary. Is it possible to get one in Pattaya, and if so how?

Thanks.

This could be better in the General section.

Pattaya doesn't issue them, only the main office in each province.

I asked this question a few months ago at the Pattaya office, and the answer was to go to Chonburi or Bangkok.

I don't think she needs one, check the DVLA website.

"Driving licences issued in any other country

• you can drive any small vehicle eg cars and or motorcycles, shown on your driving licence, for a period of 12 months from the date that you last entered the country, as long as it remains full and valid"

I certainly know people who have rented cars in the UK on a Thai licence.

Yes she can.

There's a driving school on South Road just after Friendship supermarket heading towards Third Road.

They have a board on the wall saying what you need to obtain an international licence (IDP) and they will apply for you and save you the trip to wherever.

Don't know how much they charge though and probably other driving schools can do it also if there's a one nearer to you.

Yes she can.

There's a driving school on South Road just after Friendship supermarket heading towards Third Road.

They have a board on the wall saying what you need to obtain an international licence (IDP) and they will apply for you and save you the trip to wherever.

Don't know how much they charge though and probably other driving schools can do it also if there's a one nearer to you.

and dont forget they will want to see her passport.....last time Mrs Soutpeel got her's in BKK it was THB 500

chon buri isssue them 500 baht, thats where i did mine last, just go to e mail car rentla company to see if the accept thai licence with out the International part. seems its legal for year but i need hire car for a while.