Why Delete

Boater

if we eat in a good place we can post, but if we have a VERY bad meal we cannot post.... i have been very ill maybe twice from eating in a bad place

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/478927-what-you-have-to-know-about-the-name-removed-on-koh-samui/

this poster was trying or i think to warn other TV members of a bad place he ate... but was removed???????

can we refine from removing? and have more of a warning? , TV members from the area can easily verify if the restaurant is good or bad, but these kinds of posts are vert very useful as it could save you from being very ill if you eat there

Agreed, considering everything is hosted in singapore i would consider it moot, but then it is all now just about them money boater as opposed to a forum where actual information is allowed to be written and read freely......

I agree with the above sentiments, and in any other location there would be no issue.

BUT!

The major reason for removing bad reviews is the Thai libel / defamation laws. It seems that telling something that is true is no defence.

So, for the safety of ThaiVisa and its members, there is a blanket ban on name-and-shame threads.