Surat Thani To Bangkok Flights

Razzler1973

Not been to the South in a while. I will shortly be booking a one-way trip from Surat Thani to Bangkok well before I arrive.

Seems like Nok Air and Air Asia have the best prices, last time I did this I flew Thai Air and was delayed hours and hours!

My question is can anyone give me a little info regarding ferry times from Koh Pha-Ngan back to Surat Thani, I know there

seems to be loads now but I can never keep track.

I am looking at flights on Nok Air departing at 1:20pm and Air Asia departs at 3:55pm.

I assume to get the 1:20pm flight I'd need to be taking a 7/8am ferry to get to Surat and then the airport (booking on the

island, etc?).

For a 3:55pm flight is there a mid day ferry that would get me back to Surat with enough time to get to the airport and

make that without any hassle? I think that may be the case but just wanted to check the exact timings.

Much appreciated

Razzler, U can book on the Nok Air website to dep from Tong Sala pier on Phangan by Lomprayah catamaran (departs 0715 arrives Donsak 0845, then bus to Surat Thani airport, dep Donsak 0915 arr Surat Thani airport 1045 then flight DD7213 departs Surat Thani 1320 arr BKK Don Muang 1430.

Price will vary depending how far in advance u book but is 2540 baht all inclusive when booked 3 weeks in advance.

By booking this with NOK u don't have to worry about making the connections, its all done for you.

Razzler, U can book on the Nok Air website to dep from Tong Sala pier on Phangan by Lomprayah catamaran (departs 0715 arrives Donsak 0845, then bus to Surat Thani airport, dep Donsak 0915 arr Surat Thani airport 1045 then flight DD7213 departs Surat Thani 1320 arr BKK Don Muang 1430.

Price will vary depending how far in advance u book but is 2540 baht all inclusive when booked 3 weeks in advance.

By booking this with NOK u don't have to worry about making the connections, its all done for you.

Ah, yes. So you can, cheers.

For some odd reason I dropped that menu down and decided to totally ignore that bit :ph34r:

Is the catamaran generally reasonably busy? Just wondering about getting from Haad Rin to the pier at that time i.e. do people go there or am I gonna need to pay more as I'll be the only one on the songthaew?

Edited by Razzler1973

I did the 3.50pm air asia flight last week and I had to get the 7am Raja boat from Phangan to Donsak. It was a really long day waiting about in Surat so I would recommend other options as you will have lots of time on your hands...

If the 0715 dep is too early u can book the flight package deal via Nakhon si Thammarat airport. That deal deps Tong Sala pier at 1200 arriving Don Muang 1705, and around the same price.

I booked the 1pm or whatever it is, arrive BKK 2:30 on Nok right form the pier. 7am is ok, rather get back to Bangkok earlier tbh

Cheers

I did the 3.50pm air asia flight last week and I had to get the 7am Raja boat from Phangan to Donsak. It was a really long day waiting about in Surat so I would recommend other options as you will have lots of time on your hands...

I have done that before (+ the flight got delayed on top of the early start and waiting around :annoyed:) and was trying to avoid in my opening post. I was thinking to myself why the hell have I got up here so bloody early and ended up arriving back in Bangkok about 7pm thought I may as well have taken the train!

Is there a catamaran at mid day too? Surely that would enable you to link up to the bus and then get to the airport not long after 2 rather than leaving early on the slow boat? What I was wondering is if I could just take a later ferry and still make the airport but apparently it's a bit tight according to sbk (who I think is on the island)

I have done that before (+ the flight got delayed on top of the early start and waiting around :annoyed:) and was trying to avoid in my opening post. I was thinking to myself why the hell have I got up here so bloody early and ended up arriving back in Bangkok about 7pm thought I may as well have taken the train!

Is there a catamaran at mid day too? Surely that would enable you to link up to the bus and then get to the airport not long after 2 rather than leaving early on the slow boat? What I was wondering is if I could just take a later ferry and still make the airport but apparently it's a bit tight according to sbk (who I think is on the island)