Walen School - Complaint

MacWalen

Can't believe you guys attacking poor old khun Mc Walen..

He is offerring to teach you the language...and even gives you sexy women to boot..

Hell i even remember seeing the guy posting...."McWalen-Study for free"

What more do you guys want?:o

HE should be the patron saint of TV :lol:

edit: And he even arranges ED visas!!!

khun McWalen-Hero of farangs B)

Edited by ozzieovaseas

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't understand the request for a friend I got from this guy. I have no idea who he is or where his school is or what it is all about. I have no interest in reading this long thread to find out either. It's just very strange.

Hey, I don't believe you at all, you have 2,700 posts and you don't know me? I find this very strange. Just delete me. In case you don't know I'm the owner of the Walen School. Have a nice day.

I don't understand the request for a friend I got from this guy. I have no idea who he is or where his school is or what it is all about. I have no interest in reading this long thread to find out either. It's just very strange.

He's the guy that's clicking up more hits in record time, than even a Burger or Pizza thread! wink.gif

Excuse my absence now but I'm going to Chiangmai so will not be online till about midnight. Tomorrow we have our 'learn for free' seminar at 6 pm at our school. If anybody is interested please join, or maybe you would like to meet me in person or my staff. Either way you are cordially invited, even the less friendly of you.

180 lessons for 24,960 Baht, which also qualifies for a one year Ed visa.

That works out at 139 baht a time + perks........sounds like a fair deal, whatever way you look at it.

It even says at the bottom of the ad

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!!!

Now, that's something you don't get very often......especially at 139Baht a time! rolleyes.gifwink.gif

Hey, I don't believe you at all, you have 2,700 posts and you don't know me? I find this very strange. Just delete me. In case you don't know I'm the owner of the Walen School. Have a nice day.

I've never heard of the Walen School and no I don't know you. But you were blocked anyway. Don't spam me please.

<MacWalen>

If you wish to make a point, and further market your company, then answer the questions that have already been put to you.

"Re-friending" me after I have already removed you as a "friend" is not going to help!

Thanks

Did you figure out the settings yet?

Er, I shouldn't need to figure out any settings. You should stop abusing the function and stop spamming people.

<MacWalen>

If you wish to make a point, and further market your company, then answer the questions that have already been put to you.

"Re-friending" me after I have already removed you as a "friend" is not going to help!

Thanks

Did you figure out the settings yet?

Er, I shouldn't need to figure out any settings. You should stop abusing the function and stop spamming people.

Correct. :thumbsup: Its a bit weird, Ive removed him once and he added me again. I think the Mods should do something about it or are they afraid that he'll remove his sponsorship?

Correct. :thumbsup: Its a bit weird, Ive removed him once and he added me again. I think the Mods should do something about it or are they afraid that he'll remove his sponsorship?

It seems that if you delete him, he adds you next time that you make another comment.

It's an abuse of the system and shouldn't really be allowed. Probably not something encountered before.

Edited by uptheos

It seems that if you delete him, he adds you next time that you make another comment.

It's an abuse of the system and shouldn't really be allowed. Probably not something encountered before.

Somehow his spam was automatically blocked but he sent me an email request. Very weird.

Somehow his spam was automatically blocked but he sent me an email request. Very weird.

Let's hope other sponsors don't follow suit! mad.gif

The other sponsors that I know personally, seem much too mature in business matters, than to engage in such childish action. If they did, I think they would find getting your name before an audience in the op's manner costs more in loss of present and future business, than it may bring in.

The op reminds me of the little devils you see tormenting other children. Even when they try to ignore them the little devils will stand at a distance and throw rocks or some such, Or those shallow thinking little monsters who make a pest of themselves so as to draw attention to their self perceived, inflated, self proclaimed importance.

The subject of adding friends is discussed in this topic in Forum Support Desk: I suggest that further comments about this should ideally be posted there, to have them all in one place.

The other sponsors that I know personally, seem much too mature in business matters, than to engage in such childish action. If they did, I think they would find getting your name before an audience in the op's manner costs more in loss of present and future business, than it may bring in.

The op reminds me of the little devils you see tormenting other children. Even when they try to ignore them the little devils will stand at a distance and throw rocks or some such, Or those shallow thinking little monsters who make a pest of themselves so as to draw attention to their self perceived, inflated, self proclaimed importance.

This must be the funniest post of this entire thread. Devils, monsters. Wow, come to our school and you will see we are neither devils nor monsters. Perhaps angels and saints!

I run my business other sponsors run theirs. If you call my behavior childish, even if it is a little childish why we all have to be so serious? A bit of humor is good for your health.

Regarding losing my business or students, I read those lines before and in the past we had much harder threads to deal with than this one, but it still did not happen, if anything we will get more business as people who read it see we are not so bad after all.

I'm in CM now, if you have time guys join me for the seminar.

Walen School - do you believe in angels?

Edited by MacWalen

That works out at 139 baht a time + perks........sounds like a fair deal, whatever way you look at it.

Now, that's something you don't get very often......especially at 139Baht a time! rolleyes.gifwink.gif

The deal is very good and can be even better as our students can study with us totally for free.

I have been to school this morning and spoken to Mr Walen about this thread. I am very happy with the reaching method as it is one that all professional language schools use where ever they are in the world. It is based on the Callan method or Direct method. It is designed to give the proper structure to learning a new language, not conversation.

With this method you can go to another school with the same curriculum and be involved on the same page straight away. For those of you who have been making off the cuff and uneducated remarks I suggest you try one of the free lessons they offer. You will sit with current students, like me, and see if you like it.

The staff are highly professional in every aspect of their job. This is not a Visa farm as some have suggested but an educational experience that is fun as well as hard work.

You can learn a lot of things on the internet but the correct pronunciation is not one of them. I would be more than happy to answer any questions you have about the style and quality of education at the Chiang Mai school, just PM me.

This must be the funniest post of this entire thread. Devils, monsters. Wow, come to our school and you will see we are neither devils nor monsters. Perhaps angels and saints!

I run my business other sponsors run theirs. If you call my behavior childish, even if it is a little childish why we all have to be so serious? A bit of humor is good for your health.

Regarding losing my business or students, I read those lines before and in the past we had much harder threads to deal with than this one, but it still did not happen, if anything we will get more business as people who read it see we are not so bad after all.

I'm in CM now, if you have time guys join me for the seminar.

Walen School - do you believe in angels?

Glad you have a sense of humor, when you translate my critical post to be directed at "we", you qualifications for interpretation/translations of English come under suspicion much less Thai.

Childish and humor in this case, do not appear interchangeable nor was it intended in that light. Most adults grow out/mature from the preadolescence actions/thinking. Until that happens they are often referred to as little devils, monster, rug rats, curtain climbers, etc. To my knowledge, I never met either an angel or a saint. It is my understanding that both usually have one thing in common, they are deceased.

Just from your apparent lack of concern for public forum practice by yourself and your own reference of "not being so bad after all", I will pass on any invite.

The deal is very good and can be even better as our students can study with us totally for free.

oops...there goes the marketing again,,,, "..totally for free."

Seem to recall from my marketing days " there is no such thing as a free lunch!"

Good luck with business.

I admire smart marketing, but I join with those interested in knowing what I am buying and how good it is. Facile statements, which are typical, sometimes amusingly so, of MacW's posts don't strike me (and many others, too, apparently), as being very smart marketing except in the superficial sense of television ads, happy faces that show up on your internet service provider bills and advertising signs, or as provocatively-dressed eye candy gracing the latest model displays at auto exhibits....

... Oh, before I continue, if you haven't been at MacW's place, or seen him elsewhere with his girls, you have missed some truly spectacular staff eye candy. This guy doesn't just hire pretty (perhaps qualified, perhaps not) instructors. As a whole, they could compete successfully at any regional Miss World Contest --- and they dress fetchingly, somewhat more modestly that the average CMU third-year student. I'm not certain how any red-blooded male student can focus on the lesson!......

Excuse me, I digress. Back to the questions about credentials, experience and competence:

MacW, I'm sure you are a very personable guy, but so are a lot of used-car salesmen. I am not comparing you to other schools. Perhaps they should market better. I address these questions to you, as before. To some you have given a brief answer. For example, according to you, you don't have much of an education or any professional credentials to teach or to instruct others in teaching methods. Anyway, to repeat:

MacWalen, it is nice to know that you are proud of your staff. Nice to know you train them. Perhaps I have missed it, but what are your qualifications in developing curriculum and teaching methods for teaching Thai as a second language?

Pretty much answered by you. That is, to add up what you have posted: I really haven't got an appropriate education or credentials.

Now, would you please post by name the qualifications of all your teachers' academic credentials, including but not limited to their qualifications to teach Thai as a second language? In addition, would you kindly provide for all teachers resumes of their experience in teaching Thai as a second language? These requests are not invasions of privacy but common practice, for example, among international schools in Chiang Mai.

Your response comes to mind, to paraphrase, that one can be beautiful and teach effectively. I agree. But that doesn't answer the questions.

MacWalen, are there any independent accredited organizations which have objectively measured student success?

No answer

Also, MacWalen, do you or the school provide the Immigration Department with timely attendance records for the students and notify the department when the courses are completed or not in session?

No answer

Finally, what kind of "post-enrollment" facilitation do you provide graduates on visas of any sort?

To sum things up, you have responded that you are not a "language school visa mill" and there is nothing wrong with helping people understand visas. No big argument with helping people abide with visa regulations. But to elaborate a little more, would you remind people about your previous promises and experiences helping people with other sorts of visas? Or should others go back and quote your previous marketing efforts posted on TV?

So, how about more thoughtful and complete answers?

Edited by Mapguy

oops...there goes the marketing again,,,, "..totally for free."

Seem to recall from my marketing days " there is no such thing as a free lunch!"

Good luck with business.

I made a statement like this earlier and was told I violated TOS.

I keep seeing this flashing advertisement on thai visa saying Free Ed Visa. Would it be possible to explain how one would obtain that Ed visa FREE Mr Walen please??

You just missed a seminar where I was explaining how to do it, I invite you for the next one.

I remember asking this when you were looking for you CM property a couple of years back (I think??) - For those of us that do not need an Ed Visa (free or otherwise) and that are not tourists and live on Thai wages (I don't, but many do) - is there another deal available (with the "free Ed Visa" and associated costs and staffing costs thereof, removed)? Not trying to trip you up, just interested (and can't remember the answer from before - and may have changed now anyway).

Second question: If we can already read, but would like to improve our tones when reading aloud/talking etc, then is the course still valuable - or would I get bored repeating "My name is xxx:" in Thai over and over.

PS: It didn't bother me you added me as a friend - its not like it bestows my house keys to you or anything, so not sure what everyone's problem there is.

Edited by wolf5370