Walen School - Complaint

MacWalen

Yes, it's true that one can be qualified and attractive. But the chances of all of the most qualified people you could find coincidentally being attractive -- or even, over and over, having the choice between two equally qualified people one of whom happens to be attractive and single...virtually zero % I should think. So that means on at least some occasions, and perhaps all, looks were chosen over qualifications.

C'mon SteeleJoe, this is Thailand. You can't walk 20 meters anywhere without seeing a right looker, so I would say that finding educated, capable, and yes attractive, young women to fit the bill, is actually a walk in the park in this corner of the world.

I mean, let's put this into some kind of perspective by reminding ourselves that these young women are working by a controlled method of teaching and not being asked to run a multinational corporation. They still need qualities to teach such as confidence, interactive skills, and a good grammatical knowledge of their own language so that they can answer any questions asked by the learners.

The point is that this teaching malarkey is still not a huge ordeal for educated staff that are poised and confident. So why so many participants in this thread are doubting the teachers ability or brain power without a.) knowing who they're attacking, and b.) having no experience of the said establishment, makes the posters, not the school, come across as 'lacking' in something!

Btw, if you look at most forms of advertising and promotion (of which TV advertisers are allowed apparently), glamour is often used to promote just about any product of service. It could be a pot of strawberry yoghurt, a pneumatic drill, or a shipping container. It really doesn't matter because glamour sells most things, so why not teaching?

You're right in that it would probably be wishful thinking to find a whole bevy of eye catching and capable staff in most countries, but Thailand? Seriously, how long have you been here?

Okay, so students go to study Thai, first and foremost, but if they can be taught by a team of competent lovelies over a coven of old whiteboard witches of equal competence, which of the 2 groups would make the most sense to employ from a business perspective?

Aitch

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Indeed SteeleJoe, to choose that particular issue to have a problem over is rather surprising considering how many jobs on offer require not only that the applicant be female but of a certain age and send in a photo. Pretty standard across Thailand from everything I have seen.

It seems to me that some members have simply decided to take a personal dislike and have taken this opportunity to air every grievance they can possibly think to drum up.

Either visit the school and see what its all about or shut up because I, for one, have had enough petty BS.

//CLOSED//