Walen School - Complaint

MacWalen

Hi Guys, the head office of Walen received a complaint from one student that had been addressed immediately. This is an email I received today from another student. We treat the quality of teaching at our school very seriously.

To Whom It May Concern

As a student at the Thai Walen School in Chiang Mai, it was brought to my attention today that someone, or some people, had complained about the teaching, and or the teachers, at this branch.

Anyone is entitled to air a grievance of course if they feel let down in some way. But it's a fact of life that people in general give complaint far more freely than they pass compliment. Therefore, and based on the above, I feel it necessary to forward a few lines of praise to your office.

Having been taught now by each member of staff at the Chiang Mai branch, I can say with all sincerity that every one of the teachers at this school comes across as smart, professional, likeable, fun, and with a definite aptitude for teaching your method in a proficient manner.

The team at Chiang Mai Walen seem to strike the perfect balance between merriment and the desire to educate. The cheerful disposition of your teaching staff undoubtedly makes learning easier and more enjoyable for us students.

I don't know how long it took to discover your personnel, or how many interviews you had to conduct in order to find these young ladies, but all I can say is that you are very lucky to have them all. This compliment extends to your cleaning lady too, who does a fantastic job of keeping the school spick-and-span at all times.

That's all I have on the matter, but felt compelled to write a few positive lines following the news today of some disgruntled person or people.

Should you feel it necessary to contact me personally to verify this message, then please don't hesitate to do so.

Kind regards

Thank you for all the comments as it helps us to improve the quality of teaching at our schools.

Walen School - doing our best

Edited by MacWalen

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I assume this is an unpromted letter, tempting enough to give your school a try. Nothing is better than forming once own opinion.

Hi thaiphuket, I can assure I had nothing to do with the letter. I do not fabricate testimonials.

I have been a previous 'disgruntled' student, something now in retrospect was a very minor issue, and yet at the time Mac Walen resolved it with the utmost speed and politeness in a very professional manner. I have never met such a straight shooter here in Thailand. I suggest that if you have issue with him or staff, a word directly to him would be better than the usual backbiting that tends to go on. Oz

To me this post shows a the owner's lack of confidence in his own school. Why would you have to post this private matter on a public form otherwise?

Reads like an advert whilst keeping the school in the public eye doesn't it!

Hey - I saw you at the Sukhumvit office - didn't know you were Mr. Walen. I took a few months of your classes in Bangkok, but unfortunately, I had to withdraw after getting sick.

I did want to give some feedback on my experience:

Pros:

1.All of the teachers were great. Ning especially. They were incredibly patient and thorough.

2.Material was easy to follow and catch up with

The only con I came away with was the other classmates - they were incredibly rude and distracting. One individual made it his job to try and provoke Ning. Another man (an American I was ashamed to find), complained that the course was going to quickly. He still pronounces six as "hawk".

Out of your control, but those 2 guys made learning difficult. Par for the course, as I met a ton of window licking westerners in my time there anyways...

This post is just so lol.

People should just check out OLA International. You can learn thai online for 12,500 baht. For half the price, its prolly much better value. Just google Pasa Thai Online.

Edited by alexpoker

Why do you need to post on a forum ,you should deal with it in private .Not very professional at all .

It is a testimonial, there are no names or contact details, we are . Not sure where is the unprofessional part. I don't mind Walen school to be discussed in public, it keeps us accountable.

This post is just so lol.

People should just check out OLA International. You can learn thai online for 12,500 baht. For half the price, its prolly much better value. Just google Pasa Thai Online.

You are obviously missing a point. I have never heard about the school you mentioned but offering a super cheap price is not new, those schools might be gone before you know, especially in Chiangmai where the Ministry of Education is strict and like in the example of CMU licenses can be cancelled. You cannot go wrong with Walen as we are an actual school not a visa shop.

What was the complaint. ?:)

Basically that the teachers were a little bit too funny. They are all young females so there is certainly a lot of joy at the Walen school in Chiangmai. Some jokes could unintentionally offend someone. The situation is corrected now so we will not have this problem anymore.

Ok, I can see what your saying. But why? What is the point of posting it?

Perhaps after some years of operation, they finally got a positive testament from somebody?

Presumably decent schools get enough positive statements to not bother starting a thread

about it when they get one.

Ok, I can see what your saying. But why? What is the point of posting it?

Perhaps after some years of operation, they finally got a positive testament from somebody?

Presumably decent schools get enough positive statements to not bother starting a thread

about it when they get one.

Awk, good one, great sense of humor. This is a forum where people post things, as you see members participate, even you, obviously there is something to discuss. Thanks for joining.

Sorry Mac,

I know you are a very successful business person and I take my hat off to you, but this really is tackiness at its absolute finest. Oh please Mac really?? .....

As an institution that teaches languages I am sure you know the difference between Complaint and Compliment.

You are either inept or seeking to mislead by your title to get hits on the thread. Im sorry mate but it is either one or the other isn't it?

Shame on you Mac.

What a strange post by the OP...and with a misleading title.

Not impressed.

Why a misleading title, can you elaborate a little more?

<bridge> has beaten me to it.

Why have you just added me as "a friend".? I find this a bit creepy to be honest.

If I were you, I would call it a day on this thread. It hasn't worked out.

What a strange post by the OP...and with a misleading title.

Not impressed.

Why a misleading title, can you elaborate a little more?

<bridge> has beaten me to it.

Why have you just added me as "a friend".? I find this a bit creepy to be honest.

If I were you, I would call it a day on this thread. It hasn't worked out.

Goes for me to, posted my comment and two minutes later I have been added as a friend. Whilst I don't find it creepy, I do find this all very bizarre.

What was the complaint. ?:)

Basically that the teachers were a little bit too funny. They are all young females so there is certainly a lot of joy at the Walen school in Chiangmai. Some jokes could unintentionally offend someone. The situation is corrected now so we will not have this problem anymore.

Mac the more I read over your OP and your subsequent replies, it is clearly evident that this is nothing more than a failed attempt for you to market Walen by a misleading post.

When asked, "What was the complaint" you replied, "Basically that the teachers were a little bit too funny. They are all young females so there is certainly a lot of joy at the Walen school in Chiangmai. Some jokes could unintentionally offend someone. The situation is corrected now so we will not have this problem anymore".

There is nothing in the OP that even comes remotely close to what you are inferring. In fact most people would describe that as a 'glowing' testimonial. Mac do you honestly expect people to believe that that email amounts to a complaint worthy of you posting it on TV.

I would be interested in your thoughts.

Bridge, I obviously do. I do not expect everybody to agree with me. This email was a follow up on a complaint we received earlier.

If you want to teach me marketing I will very willingly take some lessons. You can add me to your facebook, macwalen (account with a picture) so we talk more.

Regarding adding friends, it is a request guys, feel free to delete me, there are various settings in your accounts, we do well if we learn to use them.

Edited by MacWalen

Seems like not many people actually use that function of adding friends. I see you guys on thaivisa forum for years and I read thousands of your posts too, I interacted with hundreds if not thousands of you so I certainly think there is nothing wrong with applying to become your friend.

Edited by MacWalen

I too was added as a friend for no apparent reason. I haven't been able to determine if TV has a way to remove me as a friend of someone.

David

Go to his profile and click unfriend under his picture.

I wasnt too keen on it either.

The girls are very pretty and very funny and you seem to have a successful operation but the used car salesman "gimmicks" dont seem neccessary and certainly put off more people